News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mr Angry's Daytona

Started by Zinc, March 05, 2008, 08:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil1

And I'd also like to see plenty of during build pics too...to go along with the finished pics.   ;)

NYCMille

I'm actually building a whole section on my new website that is totally dedicated to the build. I'll from pics from day 1 to the finish so have no fear, I have it covered.

MoParMetal

looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

bzabodyn

Can't wait to see the finished product, Mike - knowing you, it will be interesting to say the least!

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

MoParMetal

looking for another one

69bronzeT5

Quote from: MoParMetal on April 11, 2008, 12:43:11 AM
update?  :popcrn:

From what I've heard, it'll be done in a month or so :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

NYCMille

It's getting there - keep an eye out towards the end of may... it's going to be one hairy SOB  :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: NYCMille on April 11, 2008, 01:49:51 PM
It's getting there - keep an eye out towards the end of may... it's going to be one hairy SOB  :2thumbs:

Sounds awesome Mike! I cant wait! Do you plan on taking it to Carlisle in the future years?? Or Mr.Angry? I'm coming down in around 3 years to Carlisle in my Charger and I want to see Mr.Angry or Angrier :2thumbs:

MoParMetal

may is too far away! i want to see!

hey nycmile, did you get the entire Dayclona kit?
is the nose fiberglass?
looking for another one

69bronzeT5

Quote from: MoParMetal on April 16, 2008, 03:11:36 PM
may is too far away! i want to see!

Here's 2 pictures to hold you off :icon_smile_wink:

Finn

wow just give the whole thing away why dontcha?!?!

One can conclude by the those pictures that it will be painted red, contain a built hemi, and ride on 18 inch chrome wheels.

obviously.

:slap: :nana:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

NYCMille

QuoteOne can conclude by the those pictures that it will be painted red, contain a built hemi, and ride on 18 inch chrome wheels.

Awe man... now I have to go and repaint it. DAMN!!

XS29J8

Hi Mike, I've followed your antics since the purchase of your Charger and must say you have personally upped the ante for the Charger being the most recognizable Musclecar / HOT ROD of all time! :cheers:

I haven't heard anyone mention that Goldberg is building a Superbird clone for charity.....is this also to possibly meet up with the Angrier Daytona in a future match race or a shot at Bull Run? :scratchchin:

Cheers,
Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

MoParMetal

when its done you know you're going to have load us up on pictures...
looking for another one

bzabodyn

That would be a hell of a matchup - esp. since Goldberg's bird clone is going to have a nascar 358" in that beast...

BUT - if I'd have to choose a winner in the dark - hands down - MIKE!

BZ

Quote from: XS29J8 on April 17, 2008, 08:05:23 AM
Hi Mike, I've followed your antics since the purchase of your Charger and must say you have personally upped the ante for the Charger being the most recognizable Musclecar / HOT ROD of all time! :cheers:

I haven't heard anyone mention that Goldberg is building a Superbird clone for charity.....is this also to possibly meet up with the Angrier Daytona in a future match race or a shot at Bull Run? :scratchchin:

Cheers,
Steve
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

471_Magnum

Quote from: bzabodyn on April 18, 2008, 05:36:45 PM
That would be a hell of a matchup - esp. since Goldberg's bird clone is going to have a nascar 358" in that beast...

I happen to know Angrier has a pretty healthy bullet in the chamber as well.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

NYCMille

QuoteI happen to know Angrier has a pretty healthy bullet in the chamber as well.

Hell yea' it does! Well, we'll be running it in this years Bullrun Rally from Calgary to Phoenix in June. There are A LOT of big guns showing up to this including a Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari Enzo and Maclaren SLR. Looks wise though... none of those will be able to hold a candle to what we're building, plus with it's current mill and the gearing we're running along with some other top secret "evasion" goodies this thing should be one fast MUTHA' F***ER that may be able to just slip right underneath the radar... and I mean that literally.  :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: NYCMille on April 19, 2008, 11:40:47 AM
QuoteI happen to know Angrier has a pretty healthy bullet in the chamber as well.

Hell yea' it does! Well, we'll be running it in this years Bullrun Rally from Calgary to Phoenix in June. There are A LOT of big guns showing up to this including a Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari Enzo and Maclaren SLR. Looks wise though... none of those will be able to hold a candle to what we're building, plus with it's current mill and the gearing we're running along with some other top secret "evasion" goodies this thing should be one fast MUTHA' F***ER that may be able to just slip right underneath the radar... and I mean that literally.  :2thumbs:

Sounds awesome Mike :2thumbs:

moparstuart

stop it you tease 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

MoParMetal

Quote from: moparstuart on April 19, 2008, 01:02:08 PM

stop it you tease 

:iagree:
thats not cool man...no teasing. you know everyone here has been waiting to see it.
looking for another one

Brock Samson

i like it 1,700 views plus and we ain't got one pic of it yet...  :lol: this better be good mike, rocket powered or fly or something...

:shruggy:

Charger_Fan

Yeah, isn't there supposed to be some "track testing spy shots" leaked to someone by now? :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

NYCMille

Guys -

As much as I WANT to give you shots of the car, I just can't as of yet... believe me when I tell you it's KILLING ME. I can say that the car is coming along great and we've done things that should really set it apart from other project cars out there. Basically I've taken everything I've learned from building the Charger and up'd the ante with the Daytona. It will be better than the Charger in just about every way. But the key to the car and the main focus was that unlike the big builders cars that you see in the magazines and then never see again, you are going to see this thing ALL OVER THE PLACE because we've built it to drive the nutz off it. This is no trailer queen show car... you will be able to take it right to the race track, whether it be drag, oval or full blown road course and have at it all day long. You'll have range... think 500+ miles, you'll have speed... think 180+ and you'll handling and braking. But the main  thing you'll have is reliability - that is the key. No overheating, no drive train issues or anything - just a good honest garage built muscle car that you can drive from one side of the country to next.

I promise that I will post pics as soon as I can.

Cheers  - Mike

69bronzeT5

Mike,

That sounds awesome on SOOO many levels :drool5:

pettyfan43

Quote from: NYCMille on April 19, 2008, 07:42:05 PM
Guys -

As much as I WANT to give you shots of the car, I just can't as of yet... believe me when I tell you it's KILLING ME. I can say that the car is coming along great and we've done things that should really set it apart from other project cars out there. Basically I've taken everything I've learned from building the Charger and up'd the ante with the Daytona. It will be better than the Charger in just about every way. But the key to the car and the main focus was that unlike the big builders cars that you see in the magazines and then never see again, you are going to see this thing ALL OVER THE PLACE because we've built it to drive the nutz off it. This is no trailer queen show car... you will be able to take it right to the race track, whether it be drag, oval or full blown road course and have at it all day long. You'll have range... think 500+ miles, you'll have speed... think 180+ and you'll handling and braking. But the main  thing you'll have is reliability - that is the key. No overheating, no drive train issues or anything - just a good honest garage built muscle car that you can drive from one side of the country to next.

I promise that I will post pics as soon as I can.

Cheers  - Mike

MAN You're KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!   

I REALLY hope you do use the ideas we spoke about when we were talking about that thing!

Can't wait till you post pics!!!  AWESOME car it will be!!!