News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mr Angry's Daytona

Started by Zinc, March 05, 2008, 08:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChgrSteve67

Great Job Mike.

Can't wait to see some video of it hauling a$$ down the road.

471_Magnum

Quote from: RD on June 15, 2008, 05:30:07 PMhow BIG is that fuel tank? holy cow!!!

That's it!!!! That's the analogy I was looking for... that tank looks like an UDDER! Just add some teats! LOL   :smilielol:

I figured the tank wasn't a permanent thing. I respect not hacking the floor for a fuel cell.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

NYCMille

You have to think outside the box if you want to shatter the mold...

69charger2002

looks nice mike you should be proud of it..   :2thumbs:
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

MoParMetal

:o

If I saw that in my rear view I would be terrified.

F'n Nice!

Bravo!

:cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

RallyeMike

Oh man.... How fast are ya gonna go ? 85 ? Where's the cage ? You can always cut the cage out, or for that matter weld in a new trunk floor when a fuel cell comes out...   

Anyhow, keep your ass safe and good luck on your run. We'll start a bail fund for ya   :lol:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Neal_J

Looks great.

Have fun & be safe in BR and win one for your DC.com buddies!

Peace, Neal

Tilar

You'll have to float a loan to fill the damn thing up with todays gas prices. That holds 2 gallons more than the tank on my suburban and it really hurts my feelings to have to pay all that out at one whammy.  :-\

Looks very cool though, Mike.  :2thumbs: You definitely have the WOW effect going when you first see it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1BAD68

4forty

Nice job Mike...everything about it is awesome with the exception of the rims, ( look a little wimpy vs. a deeper nascar stocker style, kinda ricer but probally for funtion right?)  Congrats!!!

Old Moparz

It's just another car that needs paint.

Very cool, Mike.....   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

GT

Quote from: BlaineKaiser450 on June 15, 2008, 06:41:49 PM
where did you get the NASCAR style exhaust? BTW SICK Daytona!

Yes - tell us about the exhaust!
Very awesome Charger dude!
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

Finn

Does a full tank lower the stance any??

Wicked car man!  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

471_Magnum

Did you end up keeping the rear HD springs? I know 20 gallons dropped it about an inch when I was experimenting with the springs in it's previous incarnation.

44 gallons is a lot of weight behind the rear axle. That has to have a big affect on right height and handling. Definitely couldn't run those negative offset Torq Thrusts with all that extra ballast.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Charger_Fan

I'm thinking you'll need 3/4 ton truck overloads on the back, with a full tank of gas & luggage. :lol: The tanks needs a big bumper sticker...something along the lines of "and STAY out of the way!" :smilielol:

Looks cool Man, when does it get paint? :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Skued

:o Great Googlie Mooglie!!

That's a very angry Daytona!  Will we get updates during the run? Good luck!   
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Blown70

Quote from: GT on June 16, 2008, 10:38:23 AM
Quote from: BlaineKaiser450 on June 15, 2008, 06:41:49 PM
where did you get the NASCAR style exhaust? BTW SICK Daytona!

Yes - tell us about the exhaust!
Very awesome Charger dude!

Guessing from Dr. Gas  www.drgas.com?

0X01B8

Damn   :o  Nice work!  Just wondering, why chrome and not black on the rear bumper?  Your car reminds me of my favorite plane -

-john

TUFCAT

Mike, as far as comfort - I noticed it had factory a/c and cruise control. Do either of them still work? I don't think cruise control is seriously needed for a badass highway star like this ....(unless you set this bitch at 105 and let er roll)......but what about the comfy a/c?   :2thumbs:   Also,  .....how about tunes?  :cheers:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 16, 2008, 01:33:38 PM
Mike, as far as comfort - I noticed it had factory a/c and cruise control. Do either of them still work? I don't think cruise control is seriously needed for a badass highway star like this ....(unless you set this bitch at 105 and let er roll)......but what about the comfy a/c?   :2thumbs:   Also,  .....how about tunes?  :cheers:

I know she USED TO have those comforts :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

autodynamics

a/c works...and cruise also....

NYCMille

Ok... let me answer some questions here:

QuoteYes - tell us about the exhaust!
- The exhaust is all custom - we used 3" oval tubing into the nascar "boom tube" mufflers... it's loud, like ridiculously loud. Sounds awesome though. All tubing was obtained through "Dr. Gas".

QuoteDoes a full tank lower the stance any??
-  Yes, however the rear inner wheels have been boxed out so there is no rubbing... with the front spoiler and rear wing the car is incredibly stable at high speeds.

QuoteJust wondering, why chrome and not black on the rear bumper?
- You need some color to offset all the black on the car. The rear bumper and Charger emblems have all stayed stock, the Daytona A-pillar molding have been glass beaded though - all race parts should like race parts IMHO. The brake calipers are also read which helps break up all the black.

QuoteI noticed it had factory a/c and cruise control. Do either of them still work?
- Yes, both work perfectly, when the car was first purchase we had an issue with the condenser frosting up when the A/C was on for an extended period, but that has now been rectified. The Cruise Control works perfectly and is more useful than you think on a high-speed rally - basically set it and forget it - then rely on your electronics speed verification. We also have tunes although you really can't hear sh*t over the exhaust.

QuoteThe tanks needs a big bumper sticker...something along the lines of "and STAY out of the way!"
- It has one... it says: "BIG F*CKIN' TANK."

People have also commented on the rims, but keep in mind these are 18x9.5 up front and 18x10.5 in the rear, they are VERY deceiving. Also understand that this car was PURPOSE BUILT to do high mileage road rallies (like 3000 + miles). It the first and only Daytona of it's kind to my knowledge. It's low, fast, handles, brakes and goes like stink - it will run with the best of the best. Simply put, this car is no joke.  :coolgleamA:

BB1

Good going Mike, I like it.  :2thumbs:
Delete my profile

472 R/T SE

Are all these cars loaded up part of Team Angry?  What other three cars are part of the team?

I don't know if painting the fuel cell would mix up the body lines or not?  Verdict is still out w/ my opinion.  :scratchchin:  Congrats for thinking outside the box and actually doing it.

NYCMille

On Team Angry this year we're running the following cars:

- '69 Daytona
- Ferrari F430
- Audi R8
- BMW 335xi
- Mercedes CLS 55 AMG

Actually I should really make an annoucement about my new site so if ya'll want to check it out just go to http://www.mrangryinc.com