News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Broken LCAs?

Started by chargedup68, October 09, 2005, 11:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargedup68

I was looking at my LCAs and there is a split in them that is the same on both sides.  I can't imagine what purpose this could serve so I am assuming they are both broke.  Just seems kind of strange to me both sides are broken identically.  Unless this is just a notorously weak spot.  Has anyone seen this before or have an explanation?
68 Charger, 608/683 505 cu in. Muscle Motors Stroker, MASS Flo EFI. Reilly Motorsports Alterkation/Street Lynx suspension, Wilwood brakes, Strange Dana 60 4.11 gears, Tremec TKO 600

Chryco Psycho

you definatly need a new set of LCAs , I have no explanation of why it broke but it is good you caught it 

69fuchs

BROKEN!!!!!!!  I've never seen that either.  Dukes of Hazzard?

chargedup68

Well the car was pretty thrashed when I bought it and was painted road construction orange, so I suspect the previous owner thought his last name was Duke.  Now I guess my next step is to find some replacements.  Are the LCAs specific to Chargers or can I get a set off any B Body?  Anybody got a set for a 68 sitting around they're willing to part with?
68 Charger, 608/683 505 cu in. Muscle Motors Stroker, MASS Flo EFI. Reilly Motorsports Alterkation/Street Lynx suspension, Wilwood brakes, Strange Dana 60 4.11 gears, Tremec TKO 600

Chryco Psycho

any B body will work , 70 up use a different sway bar mount though

Steve P.

That's a first for me as well. I've seen one or two cracked closer to the ball joint area but that's a new one on me....   
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Ghoste

Wow.  I've seen them bent, but I've never seen that.

BigBlackDodge

Heeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy.............Glad I'm not alone! :-\

BBD