News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71-74 bulge hood

Started by 280bb0, March 08, 2008, 05:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

280bb0

Hey guys Im looking for a bulge hood for my 72 will any bulge hood 71-74 work and what years had vents Thanks for the help

evil1

74 was the only year that didnt have vents

hemihead

Good Luck . Lots of people are looking for that item .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

4aThrill

The 71 hood had vents from one end to the other with no stops,The 72 hood has a small gap in the middle of the vents in the hood. the 73 hood has a larger gap between the vents in the middle of the hood slightly bigger then the 72 hood, and then like what was said above the 74 hood has no vents. 71-74 hoods will fit any year in that time frame.   :cheers:

LeeBoy

These guys have fiberglass bolt on bulge hoods for $479 and air grabber hoods have no price listed.   http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/charger.html
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

LeeBoy

more. They have fenders for the 71-74 that look decent for $279.
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

4aThrill

if you go with a fiber glass hood just make sure that you buy fiber glass hood springs otherwise the other hood springs will do some damage.   :cheers:

280bb0

Thanks I have heard about the fiberglass that might be the best way to go given the fact the cost of the real ones are going. Thanks for the help!!!!

73chgrSE

hemihead

Definately use the T/A or AAR hood springs .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Goldfinger71

My original 71 hood has a split in the middle of the vents.(11/70 build date :yesnod:)Never say never with Ma Mopar! :coolgleamA:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Charger74

Yeah, not to much of a surprise Goldfinger.  I guess in a lot of ways, my car should be a 74.  However, it has the 73 hood and no hump in the trunk even thought the build date is 12/73

jonathant83

hi guys,

I just could not help notice that show car body parts were mentioned, we order a few things with bad results.

74 charger fender
2 amc javlin fenders, as well as a front valance.

Waited 4-5 months with calling the owner every week even threathen to call the police for fruad.

Made a speacial trip since we were told items were ready with our truck about 8 hrs one way to pick it up. Call them up to hear that they only have one fender done. so we were out 4-5 hundred bucks there, but we made the best of it. They offered to ship items for free. well guess what, they only shipped three fenders, we guess they kept the valance cause it still probly never got finished and to pay for the shipping. So we got it good, ripped off big time. And we also payed up front.

I would stay far away away from these guys, and pay the extra $$ some where else where you know for sure you are going to get your items.

One thing i will say, the fenders were in good shape.

If you need to know more pm and we can talk.

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

hemi-hampton

Me & my Buddy had the exact same experiance with showcar as Johnathan, Delay after delay with empty promises. Drove hundreds of miles to showcar to get some answers in Person. Finally got the part. Quality was good but service terible. LEON.