News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Info Request

Started by WINGR, March 11, 2008, 09:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGR

Hi, I am looking for information on past owners as well as the present owner of this Daytona in the article (attachment). I know this V2 Daytona was in the UK but I believe it is now located in CA of Vegas. It was mentioned in the article that the car was originally owned by a Country Western Singer and that all the band members had wing cars also. I was told by a previous owner of my Daytona that when he purchased it from Colonial Dodge in St. Petersberg FL from the used car lot in approx. 1973, it and two other Daytona's on the lot were traded in by some band members. Unfortunatly he did not remember if the salesman told him the name or if he had just forgotton over the years. This is why I am trying to find out if there is a connection between my car and the V2 Daytona. The previous owner in the UK did not know which singer or band owned them so I am trying to find another owner or someone that might know. 
Thanks,

WINGR

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Daytona Enthusiast

Terry Mike Jeffrey and his band " The Executives" .

WINGR

Hi, thanks for your replies, I appreciate the help. From the first one are you saying that Paul McCartney may have owned my Daytona at one time, ha ha. Atually on the other reply, "the Excecutives", is that someone you know? What type of music do they play, and do you know if they had more than that one WIng car. Thanks again. :2thumbs:

Steve

69_500

Well I'd say its a different Daytona that the one in the "Executives" photo due to the differences in the interior color of the Daytona. I believe that the Daytona in question (from magazine) is now in New Zealand if I'm not mistaken. It was in the UK as well as a Superbird, and if I'm not mistaken isn't it owned by a board member here? Or at least he used to post on the old board.

WINGR

Hey Danny, thanks I had noticed that too, besides they really don't look like country and western singers do they. The car in the photos could possiibly be R4 or V2 depending on the actual lighting, right? If the person that posted the picture has any more info. that would be great then you never know if there could be a connection. I am pretty sure the Daytona in the magazine is either in CA or Vegas unless it left the USA again after the guy bought it from the UK.

Thanks again everyone. :2thumbs:

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on March 12, 2008, 03:23:59 PM
Well I'd say its a different Daytona that the one in the "Executives" photo due to the differences in the interior color of the Daytona. I believe that the Daytona in question (from magazine) is now in New Zealand if I'm not mistaken. It was in the UK as well as a Superbird, and if I'm not mistaken isn't it owned by a board member here? Or at least he used to post on the old board.

I just sent an email to John H. in NZ to find out if it's his car in the article or not.  More later...

69_500

Update. Its not the car I was thinking of Gene. Its not John's car. I just dug up the magazine with the full article. Not the same car at all. Was thinking it was, but with only seeing the back wing of the car, I guess they all look alike if they had a black stripe right? :slap:

nascarxx29

I seen in the 79 records a daytona in England Car # 265 on the daytona shipment list.

The Executives" (TMJ, Darrell Boyd, Norris Sherrill, Keith Watson, Steve Walston, Billy Bachuss, Eddie Yancy, and TMJ's brand new Dodge Daytona) - 1970
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

WINGR

Hey guys, hope you are all doing well. Thanks alot for the info.  :2thumbs:

With these unique cars you wouldn't think that it would be this hard to figure out their history, but then again that's alot of year gone by. I really think there's got to be somebody out there that would have some info on the V2 car as far as a celebrity owner goes.

The funny thing with my car is that the shipping list shows it going to Langhorne, PA but somehow it was in St. Petersberg Florida at least as early as 1973.  When you think of the band thing, were they from PA of New Jersey or possibly from Florida? :scratchchin:

Thanks again,

WINGR

WINGR

Hey does anyone know if Terry Mike Jeffrey's still owns his Daytona. I was looking into his fan website and it doesn't seem too far off that his band members could have had some other Wing cars as well. I think it would be worth talking to him if at all possible.

Thanks again.

Steve

440mop

The car in the article is the one that returned to the 'States with a Hemi engine from a Charger 500 in it; I beleive that it now fitted with a 440.
Last I know of the car it was in CA, I'm sure it went through' Restorations by Julius' It was also advertised by the guy from CA advertising the Torquoise Daytona.
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

WINGR

Thanks John, you know I was thinking that might be the same car since he is the one that is usually selling more Daytona's than anyone. I wasn't aware of the Hemi engine deal, I wonder if that engine found it's way back into the correct C500?

WINGR

nascarxx29

Julis had 2 daytona on ebay a F6 and orange or red one .I dont recall it having a white interior The Jeffreys car appears to have white interior

440mop

Re: ev2 daytona
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 11:24:13 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is the Daytona that came from England, the owner also had a Petty Blue Superbird, which also returned to the States.
nascarxx29
Old Timer

Re: random question
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 10:25:43 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rbyj.com/pages/UKDaytona.html

1969 Dodge Daytona - 440 automatic, bucket seat console.  EV2 Red, black interior, black wing.  Fresh rebuilt 440-4 with date coded block.  Original fender tag with buildsheet.  $200k.  Click here for pictures.

The pictures show this one having a hemi in it  .http://www.rbyj.com/pages/1969Daytona.html Thiis would be the 356533 car .Havent found anything yet of a F6 car
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Last time I talked to them, they still had a HEMI engine from a HEMI 500 on the shop floor. A pretty early car too.

WINGR

Thanks again for all the info., this is some fishing expedition.

Hey Daytona Enthusiast, thanks again for posting that picture of Terry Mike Jeffrey. Do you know him and do you have any idea if he still owns his Daytona?

WINGR

Daytona Enthusiast

WINGR.....sorry I don't know him. I ran into the photo while surfin' around the net. Good luck on your search...

WINGR

Thanks again, I ended up finding that same website this morning. Appreciate the help.

WINGR

hemi68charger

Small world... Did a search and came up with this thread, man..... It's old... Before I got the Daytona.... The whereabouts of this Daytona? 10 ft from me in my garage...  :lol:

My V2 was indeed owned by one of the members of the band called the "Executives". The 2 other band members owned an R4 Daytona with white stripe/wing/interior (pictured in the thread) and the other was a silver car with black stripe/wing/interior. All three cars were 440 auto 4.10 Danas.... All three were bought new at Parker Dodge in Paducah, Ky. Now, whether or not that was the original destination per shipping list from Creative Industries I have no idea. But, based on my conversation with the original owner of my car (band manager), they weren't........ My car was sold off the showroom floor (Parker Dodge) and then the other band members wanted Daytonas... I'm guessing Parker Dodge went out and found them......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection