News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally found a set of Bucket Seats, Please help me identify these......

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, March 16, 2008, 09:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

Wow,
  I finally got hooked up on some Bucket Seats for my 74' Satellite.
An old Mopar buddy ran into me this past weekend and said he had some parts for my Satellite if I still had the car. He hooked me up on front and rear seats from what he says was from 74' RR that he had.
Do these look like 74' RR or Charger seats?  :shruggy:
The pattern looks a little different them my 73' Chargers pattern. :shruggy:
Thanks guys.
And thanks to the person that was going to help me out and you know who you are. :cheers:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

Actually, those look like the later B-body seats I mentioned to you before. 

Charger1973

BMOTOXSTAR

Yeah,
He said that he took themout of a 74' RR himself. It was a console RR but who know if someone stuck those in? Man I hope they work. :shruggy:

Is it hard to put those new factory looking seat covers on them?
I know those cost some cheese.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

Im not sure how different the foam is, if at all.  But I think it should be easy to put the right covers on them.  They arent original to the RR, the seats possibly could be, because im pretty sure they are exactly the same seat, but the covers no.  Either way, you got a good deal and they will work. 

BROCK

I have a blue set of those seats - cept the seat tracks won't work in my 72 Charger.
Sounds like you have the right seat tracks though :2thumbs:

Nah I don't know what they came out of, sorry.  Gotta be after 74 though, cause
the cover pattern doesn't show up in Year Ones catalogue.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks man,
I hope them tracks work for me. I guess I could re-coverthem with some new skin someday, for time being I am just going to throw a cheap slip on seat cover set.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks man.
Man, I was hoping the were from a 74' RR. Hope the tracks line up.  :icon_smile_angry:
Gilbert...go away..... :rotz:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

squeakfinder

I saw this thread a little to late. I had a 77 Cordoba, those look like the same seats. On the bright side, they were very comfertable.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

hemihead

Cordoba  / Charger  75 up seats . Floorpans are a little different than your Satellite and just recovering them may not work . I don't know if the shape of the foam is different .  :shruggy:  Good Luck .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Nacho-RT74

I think the extra pad on seats is on cover and not in foam. You can tell because the way the buttons look pressing on cover, so pretty sure foam is the same. And if is not the same, the diff is not that big to worry. Maybe could it be cut to fit  :shruggy:

Now about the tracks... I have known about lower section unibody is basically the same. but  :shruggy:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

hemihead

I just cut up a 75 Road Runner last year as I was going to use the floor on a project I have and there is a slight but definate difference.
  Led Zeppelin

moparguy01

BMOTOXSTAR

Could I shim the track studs or would I have to drill holes in the floor? The guy said they were in a 74' RR so maybe that is what they did? :shruggy:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

squeakfinder

Have you checked to see if your RR seat tracks will bolt to the later model seats?

Death1970Proof

Quote from: squeakfinder on March 18, 2008, 07:02:24 PM

I saw this thread a little to late. I had a 77 Cordoba, those look like the same seats. On the bright side, they were very comfertable.

Thats what I was guessin  :cheers:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: moparguy01 on March 19, 2008, 04:10:16 PM
Doba seats! are they REEEEECHHH CORRRRRRIINTHIAN LEATHER?  :lol:

Yeah,
  Didn't the dude from Fantasy Island do that commercial? :smilielol:
So much for RR seats, just when I think k I get hooked up......
I should probably try to E-Bay them and then off to find another set of correct buckets...... :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :pity: :pity:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

squeakfinder

Here's an ad with Richardo Montabaun.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIL3fbGbU2o

I'm old enough to remember that he made more than just one commercial.

BROCK

BMOTOXSTAR

I never heard:  Did you try to set the seats in your car to see if the holes line up? 
I have the tracks from a bench seat coming in soon.  That shoud get me half way there?!
If I recall right - the outter track on the newer seats is the big mismatch.  Maybe I'll get
lucky & the rest will fall right into place!

BMOTOXSTAR

Wow,
  If the outer racks (towards the door panels) are the problem then I bet I could use the tracks from my bench seat is what you are saying?
No , I did not fit them first. My Satellite is in a garage that is snowed in. :rotz:
A local guy has a 3rd gen pair of seats so I am going to take my seat over there and see how they match.
Hope that they work, I passed up on a nice set that were from a 73' Charger but were a little bit more $.
That is what I get for looking for a deal & being cheap. :pity:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

I want to say the bench seat tracks are much shorter, but im just going off memory so I could be wrong. 

BROCK

It just seems worth it to me to put our heads together on this, because for the most part 3rd gens came with
bench seats & for an even larger part:  We like buckets :drool5:

There is no way that the correct seats are gonna come available often enough to meet the demand - it's only
going to get harder & harder to find them.  Naturally I wish you the best & believe that they are still out there! 

Maybe the bench seat tracks will be shorter.  When they do finally get here, I'll document it! 

Someone needs to come up with a viable option.  If not us?  At least we helped lay the groundwork :2thumbs:

CHARGERMAN2007_69

1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: BROCK on March 23, 2008, 09:58:17 AM
BMOTOXSTAR

I never heard:  Did you try to set the seats in your car to see if the holes line up? 
I have the tracks from a bench seat coming in soon.  That should get me half way there?!
If I recall right - the outter track on the newer seats is the big mismatch.  Maybe I'll get

Well, I tried the seats today and the seattracks fit right in the correct holes. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
I am so happy they work.
All I have to do is drill 2 holes tomorrow for the bench to bucket conversion.
Do I really need that brace piece? Can't I just use big washers?
Broc,
  The seat tracks on a bench seat will work. I compared the tracks and they appera to be the same.
And 75-76 B_Body buckets will fit in the correct track holes on 74' RR' & Satellites.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

jlb1pi

BMOTOXSTAR

I have the tracks from a bench seat coming in soon.  That shoud get me half way there?!
Brock, I have a set of bench tracks, from back when I was going to convert the 440 SE...PM me here if you need them...I don't know if they'll work for you on your buckets,
(but Twilt would know)...
Also, I have one probably dumb question for you: Won't you have to do some welding and/or converting if you want the passenger to be able to slide his bucket back and
forth?....I mean a bench seat track setup only has the one driver's side release lever with the wire running all the way across to the passenger side (under the seat frame/cushion)...
where it hooks onto that little metal release tab.

Oh, and here's the Ebay link from the last time I looked for bucket reinforcement plates...you'll need to get a set of those for the added stress if you're converting from bench:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=160197863131

Let me know if you want another set of those bench seat tracks, I'll ship them with the cluster.
Jer.

AmadeusCharger500

Quote from: BROCK on March 25, 2008, 01:11:20 AM
It just seems worth it to me to put our heads together on this, because for the most part 3rd gens came with

There is no way that the correct seats are gonna come available often enough to meet the demand - it's only
going to get harder & harder to find them.  Naturally I wish you the best & believe that they are still out there! 

Maybe the bench seat tracks will be shorter.  When they do finally get here, I'll document it! 

Someone needs to come up with a viable option.  If not us?  At least we helped lay the groundwork :2thumbs:
I agree. I have 2 chargers and a satellite all with bench seats. I want to convert at least one of them someday soon. I am going to a local yard this weekend that has definite possibilities to find seats.
Can anyone tell me if there are any other mopar models that will work as donors?

hemihead

I am going he other way . I am looking for a Standard Bench .  :smilielol:
  Led Zeppelin

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: jlb1pi on March 30, 2008, 04:20:35 AM
BMOTOXSTAR

Brock, I have a set of bench tracks, from back when I was going to convert the 440 SE...PM me here if you need them...I don't know if they'll work for you on your buckets,
(but Twilt would know)...
Also, I have one probably dumb question for you: Won't you have to do some welding and/or converting if you want the passenger to be able to slide his bucket back and
forth?....I mean a bench seat track setup only has the one driver's side release lever with the wire running all the way across to the passenger side (under the seat frame/cushion)...
where it hooks onto that little metal release tab.

Oh, and here's the Ebay link from the last time I looked for bucket reinforcement plates...you'll need to get a set of those for the added stress if you're converting from bench:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=160197863131

Let me know if you want another set of those bench seat tracks, I'll ship them with the cluster.
Jer.

Where do th the pieces fit? Inside, Under the carpet on the pan?
Where the stock holes are, on the undercarriage of the Satellite there are these metal flanges where the seat studs bolt on. :scratchchin:
I assume that you put the plates where you drilled the new hole? :shruggy:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: BROCK on March 25, 2008, 01:11:20 AM

Broc,
  I found out that 75 Cordoba/Charger seats and tracks will work in a 3rd gen. They fit perfect in the Satellite, well allmost . :D
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

jlb1pi

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on March 31, 2008, 08:49:34 PM
Where do th the pieces fit? Inside, Under the carpet on the pan?
Where the stock holes are, on the undercarriage of the Satellite there are these metal flanges where the seat studs bolt on. :scratchchin:
I assume that you put the plates where you drilled the new hole? :shruggy:
I think you're right...here's the quote from the Ebay Listing (I've never done it myself, but I've researched the hell out of it !!):
"They spot weld to the inside of your floor pan to give you extra strength when you have bucket seats rather than a bench seat. A must if you are going from a bench seat to buckets!"

You've got the "tough row to hoe"....you have to drill four more aligned holes (and buy 4 "correct" repro nuts)...anyone going the other way only has to buy the extra 4 rubber plugs for the inside holes
left when converting (Ebay has those too...I have a set now that looks "real purdy" on my parts shelf !!)

~Jer~

BMOTOXSTAR

4 new holes? :shruggy:
I allready put the seats in and used 2 of the original holes and drilled 2 more. They seem to fit nice. So, for sure get the brackets? :shruggy:
Thanks man.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

jlb1pi

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on April 02, 2008, 07:04:52 AM
4 new holes? :shruggy:
I allready put the seats in and used 2 of the original holes and drilled 2 more. They seem to fit nice. So, for sure get the brackets? :shruggy:
Thanks man.
I think we're talking about the same number of holes here (4)...you're saying that you drilled 2 holes...but that's for the inside set of EACH bucket seat, right? So, 2 next to the
transmission tunnel on the driver's side, and 2 next to the transmission tunnel on the passenger side equals 4 new holes...giving you a total of 8 holes counting the 4 original mounting holes for the original bench (2 on each end).

My thoughts on the reinforcement plates (for whatever my opinion's worth) are that they wouldn't be reproduced if they weren't a necessary item that is in demand...
I personally wouldn't take a chance on NOT using them...if they're necessary, you got 'em, and if they're not, oh well, all we're talking about is a few bucks and a little spot welding...

Why take the chance on ripping/splitting your relatively thin-gauged floor pan?
(Which will also require welding to repair if that happens!) :o :o

That's just my honest opinion...there may be others with different viewpoints on it.
Jer.

BMOTOXSTAR

You are right. Do it the right way and do not take a chance that could cost more.
Thanks for the help man. :cheers:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BROCK

I have a set of benchseat tracks comin from Chris, Jer.  Passenger seat adjustment?  They won't get that dollar bill
off the dash either way :icon_smile_big:

Glad to hear it BMotoxstar.  Dang it my seats look the same but no can bolt right up.  If they,ll sit flat once I get
benchseat tracks, I'm good to go.

Actually I found a set of black buckets that are good to go.  So I'll be doing a comparo for all to see what differences
there are :cheers:  I even have 70 Charger & 70 Chally seats to add to the comparo :icon_smile_big:

BMOTOXSTAR

The passenger side was a little high on the side next to the center hump. I had to take the "pot metal" spacers off that were on the seat track studs. Other than that they fit nice.
Now I am trying to get the correct size of metal to make the tack weld support pieces. The metal shop cut them too big. :icon_smile_dissapprove:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BROCK

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on April 09, 2008, 06:59:48 AM
The passenger side was a little high on the side next to the center hump. I had to take the "pot metal" spacers off that were on the seat track studs. Other than that they fit nice.
Now I am trying to get the correct size of metal to make the tack weld support pieces. The metal shop cut them too big. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

What thickness or gauge are those parts?

BMOTOXSTAR

Broc,
   I am not sure, I am putting the reinforcement brackets on this week and I will let you know.
BTW, Did you buy a set of seats from a guy in Ohio this past week? Man I missed out on those. :brickwall:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BROCK

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on April 10, 2008, 07:00:28 AM
Broc,
   I am not sure, I am putting the reinforcement brackets on this week and I will let you know.
BTW, Did you buy a set of seats from a guy in Ohio this past week? Man I missed out on those. :brickwall:

Yes Sir, I did.  I was not aware of any advertising he had done.  We struck a deal on a couple of other
parts & he offered me seats while we were at it.  I'm gonna do what I can to document what our options
are in the third gen interior department while options are still out there.  I believe our cars are set to go on
up in value soon.  Why else would louver hood inserts go for $600+ & tachs for $250?!  I had planned to
buy seat covers from Y.O. or Legendary for my late model seats & rear bench.  Anybody can do that.  So
now I intend to try and document another approach.  Or at least document what won't work.  More to
come!

BMOTOXSTAR

I want to see if 73-74 Charger seat covers will work on my 75-76 Charger/Cordoba seats. I hope that it works well or that will be $300 down the drain...... :scratchchin:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Ghoste

BMOTOXSTAR

15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on April 11, 2008, 07:22:01 AM
I want to see if 73-74 Charger seat covers will work on my 75-76 Charger/Cordoba seats. I hope that it works well or that will be $300 down the drain...... :scratchchin:

that is easy to know... remove covers and check if the extra padded looks comes from cover or foam. I think comes from cover since buttons are pressed on it!

If the extra pad is on cover, then I don't think you'll have some problem fitting earlier models cover... beside maybe some slight trim on foam, nothing mayor
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BMOTOXSTAR

Where can I buy the pliers and hooks to do the seat cover install? Do I really need the special pliers?
Please provide a link if you have one.
Thanks Nacho. :cheers:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

The70RT

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on April 11, 2008, 12:05:34 PM
Where can I buy the pliers and hooks to do the seat cover install? Do I really need the special pliers?
Please provide a link if you have one.
Thanks Nacho. :cheers:

You can get them at eastwood or eBay. Yes you need the hog ring plires to put the rings on correctly.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

If you have an autobody supply store in town, they may be able to get them as well.  It's where I got mine anyway.

Charger1973

Be careful which pliers you get.  Im going to need a new pair because I snapped one of the handles off mine...  cheap sh*t...

The70RT

After I did my last upholstry job I was at a swap meet and got two 5lb boxes for 10 bucks. That will last me about 200 years.  :eek2:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

Charger1973, what brand did you buy?  I have a set of KD's but I haven't used them yet so I don't know if they're any good or not.

Charger1973

Quote from: Ghoste on April 12, 2008, 12:48:46 AM
Charger1973, what brand did you buy?  I have a set of KD's but I haven't used them yet so I don't know if they're any good or not.

Im not even sure anymore but it was some off brand junk.  They looked like a POS and they were.  Thats what I get for buying sight unseen off the net.  :slap:

Ghoste

Okay, I just want to have everything I need ready ahead of time and if I had crappy pliers I may as well have another set on hand.  Sorry for the hijack.

BMOTOXSTAR

Not a hijack at all man. :cheers: :2thumbs:
I am glad you asked that . I guess I should spend at least $20 on some Hog Ring pliers? :shruggy:
I found some on E-Bay with rings for $10.
Man, I hope that the 73-74 Charger seat cover idea works on these seats.
I found some seat covers from a guy in Michigan that I might buy, he has Dark Green, just what I need. :D
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

Yeah the $10 ones with rings sounds similar to what I got the first time around.  I would say don't get those.   ;)  I really don't know which ones to tell you to get but I can tell you its a pain trying to finish the job without them (nearly impossible actually).  You would think living where I do, in farm town, that I could find a pair locally... but no...  I can find the hog rings but no one seems to have the pliers.  I would say get some that you know will work even if it costs a little more, because it will save you a headache later and make the job go much smoother.