News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what to do

Started by chargerkid01, March 17, 2008, 08:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerkid01

Hey Ive been tossing aroung the idea of original or GL, but thats not why I'm posting this.. Where can I get either dark metalic green or tan dash pads? What are some good places to get a complete interior?? of either color

Chatt69chgr

Legendary Auto Interiors has the correct tan interior for General Lee's (and as far as I am concerned, Legendary is the only place to buy interior stuff).  The only dashpad that's reasonable is the one from BEA.  Get it and spray it with the correct color dye.  Nothing wrong with dye.  Back in the day when I had a Corvette, if you ordered interior parts they came in what was called "bone".  You had to dye them yourself.  There are a couple of forums for General Lee folks I have seen.  I think one is called the Confederate General Lee Fan Club.  Dont' recall what the other one was.  Maybe Dukes of Hazzard fan club.  They would possibly know more on these issues.  Don't know.  Might not hurt to post on there too and see.  Good luck with your car.  I would say that this site knows more about Chargers than any other one I have come across.  There is almost nothing these guys don't know about these cars.

69chargerboy

My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

chargerkid01

Does BEA have a website or a phone number?? I'm collecting parts for my charger again finally built up enough  :Twocents:!! I'm still tossing around tan or dark metalic green though  :shruggy:!!!

Ghoste

Yep, and they're members too so be sure and check the special deals section for any other parts you may need from them.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

chargerkid01

SSSweet the area code is ohio I live in bloomingdale, ohio thats awsome maybe they arent that far away!!

Mike DC

The GLs featured a whole wide range of different vinyl paint shades over the course of the TV series.

The short version of the story is that the subcontracted GLs (smaller pushbars, first half of the TV series) showed up with several medium and dark tan colors depending on the episode.  The TV-crew-built GLs (wide pushbars, later half of the TV series) always had lighter beige/tan interiors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The GL replica crowd has settled on two options: 

--  The factory-offered 1969 Dodge "Saddle Tan" color.  It's a medium tan.

--  Legendary's "General Lee tan" which is a very light beige/tan color.

There were some subcontracted GLs in the TV show that were dark brown inside.  But I haven't seen many replicas done that way.  Legendary makes a 1970 Mopar color that wouldn't be half bad if you wanted to go that route.