News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid comments about your car

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 18, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

A guy told me after seeing my '67 Charger that his uncle bought one just like it brand new, except that it was a '69 and also a convertible.    :shruggy:
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Mo Power

" Ya you should take it off the frame and have full rerstoration"  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:. I've had that said to me actually three times already know one seems to notice it's a unibody.
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

Spike

You should have painted it like the General Lee   :eek2:

red bull

They call my Challenger a Charger, but they call my friends Charger a Challenger. Go figure. :slap:

Lost Sheep

well there are stupid people in this world. My personal favorite is this one:     "there goes that green Challenger again".
Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

squeakfinder

You should paint it orange and put a flag on the door....... :slap:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

69chargerboy

I have heard "Wow, is that color Green?" and "Nice Challenger, what kind of Hemi do you have in it?"  :slap: :smilielol: :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Brock Samson

As i stated on an earlier thread,.. Troy our fearless leader was with me while we were filling up the 71 road runner, and some local kid with his pants down around his ankles insisted it was a nice 350 Ford, even after Troy who was very nice, polite  and clear explaining about it being a Plymouth two times,..
But in the kids' defence a couple of folks looking at the rear of the runner quickly said it was a nice Cougar...  :shruggy:
what are ya gonna do?.. not everyone is as into these Mopars as we are and for them all they know is mustangs and camaros...
I bet alot of you guys wouldn't know alot of cars from the period 30-40 years prior to your expertise...

Blown70

At a car show is the best.  As everyone had one " just like that" but "mine was a four door"  well until recently unless I am wrong there were not classic 4-door chargers. :slap:

Or.  My brothers had a "440 but his was a HEMI"  ohhh really,

Now I know people are just trying to make converstation :blahblah:,  but wow do some of them look STUPID :loser: :coocoo:

CB

when I tell people I want to go to cruise to the coast and back they all reply '' yea, after stopping at every gas station on the way''
I live 100 miles from the coast  :icon_smile_angry:

''Nice Dukes of Hazard car you bought... '' after I show them a pic of my new (Tor Red) '72 cuda....

''Nice car and I like the sound...'' the car is still on the boat in a container :rofl:

and more stupid replies...

CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

sick dawg

Guy says "that car is pretty lame! You do know the General Lee was a Dodge Charger, don't you?"

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: sick dawg on March 18, 2008, 05:29:19 PM

Guy says "that car is pretty lame! You do know the General Lee was a Dodge Charger, don't you?"
Thats the best one yet.

One person at a gas station standing in front of the Charger.......
What year is that?    The plates on the car are "1967MPR"

I had one guy pull up along side my Charger so excited, talking a mile a minute, leaning out the window of his SUV I though he was going to fall out.
I have no idea what he was saying but he seemed to be happy to see my Charger.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: sick dawg on March 18, 2008, 05:29:19 PM

That has got to be the most stupid comment!!!!!! :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1969chargerrtse

Just the other day while talking about my Charger, " Whats it get for mileage?"  Don't know, don't care.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

pettyfan43

I have a 66 Charger and a 73 Charger S/E, Had this IDIOT stop by my house one day and asked me if "The Barracuda or the Challenger was for sale?" Keep in mind BOTH cars STILL have the Charger scripts FIRMLY in place.

:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

I just told him I was gonna keep the chargers but if i saw a Cuda or Challenger, I'd tell the person driving he was looking for them!!!

He just got this dumb look on his face and said "ok thanks"

;) ;)

FLG

I remember a guy asking me if im going to fix the "Exhaust leak"....apparently he didnt understand that the nice growl we all love is NOT an exhaust leak  :shruggy:

71ChallengeHer

I usually get nice Charger. :nana: And some idiot at the bar told me he bought a Challenger brand new in 67. :slap:

Death1970Proof

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 18, 2008, 05:56:20 PM
I usually get nice Charger. :nana: And some idiot at the bar told me he bought a Challenger brand new in 67. :slap:

I feel your pain...I thought about these comments that were made in the last few years...

"Man I bought a duster new in 1968"

"That duster you got with the twin hood scoops is pretty rare, You know those came with a 340 with 2x4's right??"

"That old roadrunner I had definetly had the 440 hemi!!" (It seems Im not the only who heard the term 440 hemi!!!)  :slap:

"What did you paint that motor chevy orange for?"

"Why dont you paint that charger orange??!!"

"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Chargerguy74

But have you heard of a 383 Hemi Six Pack? I know a guy who used to own one.

EDIT:

When veiwing my soon to be 72 Charger 400HP at a farm auction, with big 400 decals on the fenders, I overheard a kid tell his dad "look dad, 400" and his dad replied " no they came with 383s, someone just put those on".
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Mike DC

Man, I've been told that my ('69 Charger GL replica) was the wrong model car for the GL more times than I could count.  I've been "informed" that the real GL was everything from a 70s Chevy Duster to a '66 Catalina.

I learned a long time ago to just keep a few screen-shot pictures of the GL from television episodes in the glovebox.  If someone really pushes the issue you can shut them up pretty easily that way. 

(But they usually just shift their story to, "Oh . . .  Umm, well yeah, SOME of the real GLs were like this car, just not all of them.")

C_stripes

Wow.  I have heard allot of these. The 440 HEMI is a classic. I have heard of people getting them in C-bodys even. This kid I knew. His dad has a 70 road runner GTX with a 440 six pack HEMI in it from the factory. Also have heard people insist they bought a new challenger in 68. I don't think so. But I guess since I wasn't born yet. I probably don't know. Once I was washing my friends HEMI 'cuda at work and one of the sales men walk up. "Wow, Who's HEMI?" I told him it was my friends. He then asks, "whats that worth, $5000?"  Me and one of my friends just start laughing. This was about 2 years ago.

I was hauling my 70 coronet home from Oregon a few years ago. Stopped at a gas station. The kid asks.  "That a camaro?" My Grandpa who is a ford man laughed at the kid and said, "look at the back window of his truck. You think hes going to have a chevy on here?" I had Dodge stickers on my rear window.

I could go on. 
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

kylem4711

Quote from: mxzx440 on March 18, 2008, 02:51:39 PM
I over heard a couple of kids in a parking lot talking about my car and the first one says "Hey look, it's the car from the Fast and Furious."   :down:

uhh, a charger is in the fast and the furious.  may have not been the right year,  but only charger lovers know the correct years.

take it as a complement man
1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

kylem4711

a weird question i got for my 72 was " do you wanna sell your tires?"

i kinda just looked at him....   i didn't know what else to do
1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

hemihead

I was sitting in a parking lot talking to some friends when along comes a young attractive lady . She says " Nice car " , I replie with a smile and " thanks " . Then out of thin air she says " How come all the old cars come to a point ? " , referring to the wedge shape of the 73 . I told her it was because of aerodynamics . She got a blank look on her face like I just said something to her in Russian . She then says " If you don't know then just say so . " I just about died laughing .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

chgr500

When I first started to drive my Charger after it's loooong hibernation I drove it around with no badging or script what so ever...the word Charger was seldomly heard from people.....everything but... :smilielol: