News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid comments about your car

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 18, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesbbody

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 18, 2008, 05:56:20 PM
I usually get nice Charger. :nana: And some idiot at the bar told me he bought a Challenger brand new in 67. :slap:
jackie, you should have asked the guy if he has a time machine  :lol: he would have needed one to buy a challenger back in 67

Magnumcharger

True story:
I had a 1969 Roadrunner in my backyard.
This redneck kid drops by driving a 1969 Charger SE, total rustbucket.
Asks me if I'd like to trade for the Roadrunner.
I gave him "the look" as if he were crazy and said:
"NO! But if you have a nice R/T Charger, I'd consider it...."

A month later he's back. Driving ANOTHER 1969 Charger, asks me again.
"NO! But if you have a nice R/T Charger, I'd consider it...."

Later that summer, he's back AGAIN! This time with a 1968 Charger R/T.
So we made a deal. I got all three Chargers.
As I was swapping a cheap set of wheels onto the Roadrunner, preparing it to go for good he asks:

How much work is it to change the body on the Roadrunner over to a Charger?..... :scratchchin:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

pettyfan43

How about this one..

You know the Dusters that had "340 Wedge"on the hood had  a different engine than the regular ones.

:brickwall: :brickwall:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: mikesbbody on March 18, 2008, 09:27:43 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 18, 2008, 05:56:20 PM
I usually get nice Charger. :nana: And some idiot at the bar told me he bought a Challenger brand new in 67. :slap:
jackie, you should have asked the guy if he has a time machine  :lol: he would have needed one to buy a challenger back in 67
I told him that he should have kept it cause it would be worth a fortune. Since it would be the only one ever made. :smilielol: :smilielol:

TK73

WINNER:  :2thumbs:

Quote from: sick dawg on March 18, 2008, 05:29:19 PM

Guy says "that car is pretty lame! You do know the General Lee was a Dodge Charger, don't you?"
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

MoParMetal

a customer asked me what cars i owned today.
i told him an 06 tacoma, 71 charger, 71 duster.
he said "wow those are nice. wanna trade for my honda?" :smilielol: :slap:

when asked what i would do with my car i tell them a daytona clone.
they say "you know what i would do? general lee." :RantExplode:

i tell them im going to paint it yellow.
they say "no way man! ORANGE! like the dukes of hazzard car. and put the horn. it would be cool."

its been called a nova. :icon_smile_angry:

its been called a cougar. :icon_smile_angry:

they always ask if it has a 350 or a 454. :eek2:

I've repeatedly told people its a 71 and they always say 69. :RantExplode:

I'm sure someone will tell me something even more idiotic the next time its out.
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

Dans 68

Took the '68 down to Home Depot to pick up some items today. An older, white haired gentleman first asked If I was the original owner (I was 10 when it was built...got to get to the gym more  :flame: ). I smiled and said no, I was the third. He then asked if any sheriffs ever chased my car. I paused a few seconds to try to understand what the hell he was asking me. "Oh, you mean as in the Dukes of Hazzard?" I ventured. "Yep", he replied. "No," I said, "that was a '69 Charger, and this is a '68 which I prefer." "Oh, me too" he replied.

Still, I get lots more  :2thumbs:  than inane questions.  ;D

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

chargerrt

I've had all of the typical one's already posted..."Nice Challenger", "What year is that GTO", etc.

My favorite bad one was when a guy asked me if I wanted to sell my car as I was getting in it to leave a cruise in.  He was there in his 427 Cobra kit car.  When he asked I kinda just laughed at him and asked him how much money he had.  He said he was serious and told me to give him a price.  I replied, "45,000 should do it."  He showed up with a trailer and his pickup truck a week later with 45...hundred dollars.  I told him he was out of his mind and he should be on his way.  He left my house completely bewildered.

My favorite comment of all time happened last summer.  As I was pulling into a gas station a man was walking to his car and I heard him say, "Holy R/T Batman!"  My brother and I still laugh at that to this day.

Dave22443

Looking at this shot, I guess I can see why someone might confuse my Charger with a Camaro

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

BigBlackDodge

I've oftern wondered if the GL guys get asked if they're going to paint their car B5 Blue? :nana:

BBD

74-StreetMachine

The two questions I get asked most are, Is that a Cuda? and Where did you get those stickers?  I tell them I got em at J C Whitneys but they only come it one size. Luckily they fit my car.  :slap:

Watch me turn beer into pee for $5.

70 Charger RT

QuoteMan, you can really see the similarities between the cars when they're parked next to each other.

New Charger owner that was parked next to me 
Yeah, they both have 4 wheels :lol:
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

bill440rt

I remember years ago I was attending a show with a dear friend of mine (now deceased). I had my '70 R/T parked next to his Superbird. These two frail, little old ladies were walking by, looking at the cars. One 'lil ol' lady turned to my friend and said, "'Scuse me sonny, but what is that, a PONTIAC??" (Nevermind the GIGANTIC billboards on the 1/4 that spell out "PLYMOUTH")

Then, the other little old lady points to my '70, turns to her friend and says, "Ooooh Esther, I like this one. It looks just like an Easter Egg!"  ::)  :whistling:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RECHRGD

Well, my car has been on the road for almost 10 years now, so I've heard most all of the stuff listed here.  Most people don't mean any harm and are just trying to make conversation (with a few exceptions).  It's the reactions that people have on the road when they see the car, that I find most amusing.  One that comes to mind now, is when a guy was coming toward me on a two lane road when I was trailering the car home.  When he fiigured out what was on the trailer, he stuck half his body out of his pick-up with a big thumbs up.  He still had a big smile on his face as he drove into the ditch. :smilielol: :smilielol:  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Brock Samson

Now your just makin that up...

great picture though... :lol:

Dave22443

Actually, I believe him.  The first day I took mine out I almost caused 3 accidents due to rubber-necking  :lol:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Kevin69RTvert

You all think you have it so bad. Try being the Red-Headed step child of the Dodge family.

I get the "is that a Charger?".....no....."a Challenger?".....NO!!!...It's a Coronet.........."Oh, never mind"

-Kevin

TUFCAT

This happens to me all the time! - - people look at the "Coronet 440" emblems and ask:  Does it still have a 440 in it? ::)   I sometimes say it should read "440+6" but those extra numbers fell off :icon_smile_wink:

six-tee-nine

Over here in Belgium most of the the time it goes this way :

Dodge Charger?........... :shruggy: No not familiar with but I like the mustang the most   :icon_smile_angry:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Joshua

"I had one JUST like that BUT..........."

bordin34

My friend always say "Yours has a HEMI in it right" I respond and repeat myself each time that it has a 400ci Wedge and then go on about the combustion chambers and how an engine works until they get bored.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

TUFCAT

Quote from: Joshua on March 19, 2008, 03:18:37 PM
"I had one JUST like that BUT..........."

Oh yeah,,, that's another BIG one!! Guys who say "I had one just like it....but mine was a different year,  a 4-door, with a slant six, and a different color!!  - - but it was just like that:smilielol: 

ChgrSteve67

I had another one that cracked me up but it wasn't directed at my Charger.

Was at a MOPAR show "MOPARs in the PARK" and this guy walks up to me and asked me where all of the Mustangs were.
I told him they are in the parking lot outside of the park.

MoParJW

here in Holland, people occasionally shout "look a chevy!" when I drive by

When I was in france, people had no idea what kind of car it was, one french guy called it a mercedes  :rotz:

A colleague heard the engine running, he told me it was a nice sound, but he prefered the sound of a dodge charger

One time, a little kid saw me getting out of the car in the parking lot, and he asked his father "dad, isn't that a car for old people?"

There was a woman who told me the engine sounded just like a diesel   :brickwall:

Someone asked me if I ever drove with the top down (I have a vinyl roof), another guy thought I didnt drive my car in the rain because I have cracks in my roof (the vinyl is cracked), I've seen someone touch the roof of my car to see if it was solid or soft-top

And the first thing EVERYBODY says is "I'll bet that car is really thirsty" the next I hear a lot is "It probably breaks down a lot, right?"

And as I said in another thread, my boss used to think it was a ford for months, until he saw a chrysler decal on the windowsticker

I guess Holland is the place to be if you want to hear stupid comments about your mopar, and I only have this car for about a year  ::)
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

Death1970Proof

Quote from: MoParJW on March 19, 2008, 04:46:23 PM
here in Holland, people occasionally shout "look a chevy!" when I drive by

When I was in france, people had no idea what kind of car it was, one french guy called it a mercedes  :rotz:

A colleague heard the engine running, he told me it was a nice sound, but he prefered the sound of a dodge charger

One time, a little kid saw me getting out of the car in the parking lot, and he asked his father "dad, isn't that a car for old people?"

There was a woman who told me the engine sounded just like a diesel   :brickwall:

Someone asked me if I ever drove with the top down (I have a vinyl roof), another guy thought I didnt drive my car in the rain because I have cracks in my roof (the vinyl is cracked), I've seen someone touch the roof of my car to see if it was solid or soft-top

And the first thing EVERYBODY says is "I'll bet that car is really thirsty" the next I hear a lot is "It probably breaks down a lot, right?"

And as I said in another thread, my boss used to think it was a ford for months, until he saw a chrysler decal on the windowsticker

I guess Holland is the place to be if you want to hear stupid comments about your mopar, and I only have this car for about a year  ::)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: The vinyl top thing almost killed me!!
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...