News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Zo's 70 Charger Project

Started by SoCal Zo (.)(.), March 20, 2008, 08:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbirdtom

no I haven't .does it mix up like bondo with a hardner?  :scratchchin: all i have ever used is all metal. just so the owner can say theres no bondo in their resto. and it dries very hard. used it on a 66 mustang when I replaced quarters at factory seams in place of lead.

b5blue

Nope you put it on with a torch like lead/tin,and work it with paddles.The big deal is sanding the lead is so toxic.The tin/copper/zinc can't be great for you ether but it's higher temp seemed more stable.I've not used ether but giving the heat down here and the fact that my car is gonna be in it 365 days a year(shes a driver) I really don't have much faith in fillers. 

superbirdtom

yeah If I lived in the heat like that I would definetly get the product you mentioned. I might get some to mess around with. :yesnod:

b5blue

I'm gonna try to mess with it next year some time, hope I don't warp any sheet metal though.(I'm gonna play around with it on my beater first)

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

Hey Gang,

Well it's good to be back to this forum to report good news. I've giving up doing the bodywork myself and decided I would just sack up and let the people who know what their doing finish the job. I dropped the car off last week and was told it would take about four months to complete. Since this is a customer build I asked for the side markers be shaved off along with the door handles and rain gutters. I'm also going to get both bumpers painted the same color as the car (Triple Black) :coolgleamA:. I cant wait to see it out of the shop. I also picked up a  440 that will keep me busy while the car is being worked on and also I have to design some type of custom dash to go along with the custom look. Well I just wanted to give my fellow Mopar fans an update on where I stand with my chager. :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mopar73

good luck with the rebuild.  Did the shop give you any kind of estimate?

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

$7,500 gets the car paint ready.

69*F5*SE

Are you throwing on new quarterpanels? 

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

Yup,

New quarter for the passenger and a skin for the driver. Needs to be done right the first time :woohoo:

69*F5*SE

Cool, glad things are picking up for you.  It'll be nice when it's done.

drifter69

Hey Zo, Just joining your thread but did you get this car in Howard Colorado. I think I reconize that house. Guys name was Reid or someting.

bigroge1

i thought mine was horrible till i looked at those pics , ironic thing is i got my charger from cali and i live in Colorado and it was decent till i sanded it down and to find out the roof has been chopped and a crap load of rust in the trunk :pity:. dont see many mopars around the metro area, but having a mopar is like the old saying goes "you have to go through hell to get to heaven" :cheers:

mopar goddess

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

Hello DC forum,

I cant believe its been 4 years since i last updated my post.

Well a lot has happened over the past few years, but most importantly Zo's Charger project is back!. Shortly after dropping the car off at the body shop i suffered a knee injury that set me back financially for a couple years. I got the car back within 5 months with all new panels and just about ready for paint, but having no money or job i was force to put the project on hold while my situation improved . Unfortunately during my recovery the car sat outside unprotected from the elements for the next 3 years without any progress being made. My life is now back to where is was before the injury and i am dead set on getting this thing on the road . I am glad to be back and i hope everyone is doing well. I will have pictures for the forum tomorrow.   :2thumbs:

Zo 

JB400

Sad to hear about your knee injury, but glad to hear your committed on making progress on the car :2thumbs:

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Charger-Bodie

Welcome back buddy!   Hope you get to see it shining soon.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

updated pics as promised

Door handles and markers have been shaves off along with the drip rail. I started sand blasting the engine bay, but did not get a change to seal it up properly. I will be blasting it soon along with the interior once i upgrade my compressor

Finn

Looks great, incredible progress!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

hemi-hampton

5+ years with no progress report :scratchchin: :shruggy:

nvrbdn

Yep, not active since last post. This may be one we will never know about. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House