News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I have figured out what 5 things are wrong with cars today!!

Started by Lightning, July 26, 2005, 07:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what 5 things are wrong with cars today? (you can vote TWICE!)

Engines too tiny!
14 (28.6%)
Headlights suck.
8 (16.3%)
Taillights suck.
1 (2%)
Bumpers too big/huge/low
8 (16.3%)
Fire the designers!!!
42 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 49

TheGhost

Quote from: 70charginglizard on July 27, 2005, 01:13:47 PM
TWO TOO MANY DOORS

So, some cars should come with no doors?  This is not about the new Charger, this is about new cars in general. :eyes:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Lightning

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 27, 2005, 08:49:32 PM
im not sure about other things, but taillights/headlights that bs man, todays cars got one of best designed lightning than before using LEDs and projector lightning esp on more expensive cars, im not talking about kia rio or some korean crap for under 10K brand new

I was meaning how they look, not how they perform.

I guess I opened a big can 'o worms on this topic, didnt I?  :icon_smile_big:
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Silver R/T

Quote from: FastbackJon on July 27, 2005, 01:43:25 PM
I voted to FIRE THE DESIGNERS!!!

If you haven't already seen Subaru's newest creation... WTF ARE THEY THINKING IT'S SO UGLY!!!

lol tell that to yo momma
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

on lexus, bmw, merz, some other high-po, higher end cars headlights look good and as well as perform well too
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lightning

Quote from: FastbackJon on July 27, 2005, 01:43:25 PM
I voted to FIRE THE DESIGNERS!!!

If you haven't already seen Subaru's newest creation... WTF ARE THEY THINKING IT'S SO UGLY!!!

:icon_smile_dead:  :puke:
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

mustanghater

don't you( not me, too young) when cars were cars and engines were engines
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Kern Dog

alfaitalia

Man there are some miserable old gits on here arnt  there. There are some great looking and driving modem cars out there.....and the tastes of a small group of classic car fans and not going to be the tastes of the average person or middle America where the sales are made and where the car builders aim their cars. Lots on here would/could not even buy a new car...me included....so why should they care what we think! Some great looking German and Italian cars out there for sale especially (IMO)....money permitting I would buy an Alfa Giulia Quadrafoglio tomorrow ....and there will shortly be a two door version to join it too....for those that think good cars should not have four!!

Sure the Stang looks OK...but what's with all the retro design on so many cars....we are never going to move forward and build future classics if we keep looking backwards for design inspiration.....not to mention that if you buy one just make sure you don't crash it....the Stang has the worst EVER recorded Euro NCAP crash safety test result in its class!....and Ford must have known it was weak as they would not even supply one for the test!

Price wise I have to agree...they have gone up far more than inflation....this pasted below is a few years old now (from Hemmings) ...but you get the idea. But with most people leasing their cars for three or four years now and then returning them foe another, the sticker price becomes less relevant.

In 1965, the sticker price of a new V-8 powered Ford Mustang coupe was $2,734.00 (the equivalent of $19,900 today), and the average production worker made $3.00 per hour; to purchase a new Mustang coupe with a V-8 engine, therefore, required 911 hours of work, or about 23 weeks. By 1985, the cost of an eight-cylinder Mustang had risen to $9,885.00 (today's $21,100), while production wages had risen to $12.50 per hour, meaning that one needed to toil for just 791 hours (120 hours less than in 1965) to buy one. In 2005, the scales tipped in the opposite direction: the V-8 Mustang was priced at $25,815 (today's $30,300), and a production worker made $23.92 per hour, requiring 1,079 hours of work to buy the car. The picture darkens a bit further in 2013, where the $31,545 Mustang requires a worker earning $27.15 per hour to put in 1,162 hours in order to pay the Ford off.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!