News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pretty hot last night in Tampa!

Started by b5blue, May 31, 2020, 12:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

How hot was it by you? Protesting overtaken by looters were blocked from a mall after sacking gas, cell phone and jewelry store. Everyone loves a bonfire I guess. :o
https://www.wfla.com/news/local-news/over-40-arrested-after-night-of-looting-and-rioting-in-tampa-police-say/

MoparMike68

Quote from: b5blue on May 31, 2020, 12:34:15 PM
How hot was it by you? Protesting overtaken by looters were blocked from a mall after sacking gas, cell phone and jewelry store. Everyone loves a bonfire I guess. :o
https://www.wfla.com/news/local-news/over-40-arrested-after-night-of-looting-and-rioting-in-tampa-police-say/
That's horrible 27 police cars and all those businesses,seems to be the trend around the country
Mopar will need to ramp up manufacturing police chargers.
Same where I'm at fires,wrecked patrol cars and destroyed businesses not a good year.  ::)

Mike DC

The looting happened in March/April in Washington DC (and both parties helped).  

The cost from these public riots won't add up to 0.1% of that.

MoparMike68

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 31, 2020, 05:14:27 PM

The looting happened in March/April in Washington DC (and both parties helped).  

The cost from these public riots won't add up to 0.1% of that.

Oh no it's the other (P) word  :nono: :nono: :nono:

Mike DC

I'm not gonna keep bringing it up.  Just wanted to point it out once. 

stripedelete

More looters wearing masks than Lowes customers.   

I also saw one stop to take a selfie. 

Invite them around for MAGA night.

:whistling:

odcics2

All because a cop took a knee..... 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

MoparMike68

Been waiting patiently for permission to get a haircut due to covid,however the barbershop
Is on fire and the chairs are in the street, I think I'll just get a guitar and call it a day.   :musik010:

XH29N0G

My kid got tear gassed yesterday.  Her friend's dad had just headed back.  She said without warning the police started firing and advancing to disperse the crowd.  This was the third day for her.  First day was with a friend whose dad is a policeman.  She knows and believes in the police, but thinks some things need to be looked at because having power over others comes with responsibility, even if one is afraid.  Talk about a teachable moment for her. She's been at many other marches and for free speech. Because she is white and 21 she also knows she has a role to play in this.  She has said there are some bad apples, but for the most part the people she sees are just like all of us.  These are observations.  Not meant to say 'you are wrong' just meant to say, 'we need to do some thinking and some healing'.  I also had some long conversations with students and former students yesterday who are now all around the world and country.  They also see the need for healing and called for leadership and change.  

Edit:  I just looked at some of the footage near where she was and it looks like what she described.  Peaceful gathering for free speech, and then a decision was made to clear them.  I think things have got to change.  Sure I have seen some videos that are more violent, but the kids I know who are doing this from my area are interested in change for the good and peaceful and go there to set the tone. Given who they are (and their parents) I wouldn't be surprised if they are not some of our future leaders.  Something seems different this time.  We could have cracked a door that leads to change.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

b5blue

Thanks for the reply. Protesting isn't new to me as a kid in the 60's. Looters claim to be protesters but are really just taking criminal advantage. Have your daughter wear OSHA eye protection at such things.  :o

XH29N0G

Thanks back to you.  She had classes and also was carrying supplies to help others. She has always been keen on making sure she has at least minimal first aid with her and is trained in it.  :cheers:

Or maybe it protects us. 

Mike DC

Glad your daughter is okay.  Between cops & rioters there are many ways for a person to get hurt out there.

XH29N0G

Me too.  I count her lucky.  The situation apparently was because an order was given from on high to disperse the kids.  We don't need that.  We need compassion when our kids do things based on their idealism. She and her friends share the belief that a better society can be had because of their freedom to speech.

Or maybe it protects us. 

ACUDANUT

Quote from: XH29N0G on June 02, 2020, 06:58:50 PM
Me too.  I count her lucky.  The situation apparently was because an order was given from on high to disperse the kids.  We don't need that.  We need compassion when our kids do things based on their idealism. She and her friends share the belief that a better society can be had because of their freedom to speech.

Tell her to vote. That is what counts. :Twocents:

odcics2

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 03, 2020, 01:54:10 PM

:2thumbs:
:cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

b5blue

Tampa arrested 57 loot/vandal criminals this week. The arrested protesters were cleared if no crimes committed. Cameras caught most. 

greycharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 03, 2020, 01:54:10 PM

Volunteering for a candidate that shares concerns is good too. They all need help