News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Firming up the ole buckets. UPDATE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, March 31, 2008, 03:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I found a neat cheap way to make your buckets seats feel firm.  I took an old bus seat I found thrown out and cut it 12"x13".  I then jammed it over the bars on my six way seat and it did a great job.  You can see how the pass side is low.  I did that seat next but in a different manner as there were no bars.  I cut long pieces and layered them over the board which went over the track lips.  The white speckels are primer over spray from the body shop ( I think ), I have to get that off somehow.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Back N Black

Is it comfortable? I hope you painted those seat tracks before you installed the seat.  :icon_smile_big:

1969chargerrtse

Yes, feels just great.  Some softness due to the foam under the leather but no more sinking down.  Nope didn't paint nuttin.  This year is outside stuff.  Interior next fall/winter.  That was just on my lost of things bugging me while I wait and wait and wait for my motor.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Rob, no plastic spacers under the 6-way seat track....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 31, 2008, 09:11:31 PM
Rob, no plastic spacers under the 6-way seat track....
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!  I paid for two sets, I put one under the 6 way which is to high, so good. Then come to find out the pass side had a set.  Another waste of 28.00.  I'm building quite the pile of extra parts. :-\to

694spdRT

It is funny how many extra parts that end up on the shelf. Tell you what, I will trade you my standard tracks for the 6 way and then you can use those new parts.  :icon_smile_wink:

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 694spdRT on April 01, 2008, 08:46:24 PM
It is funny how many extra parts that end up on the shelf. Tell you what, I will trade you my standard tracks for the 6 way and then you can use those new parts.  :icon_smile_wink:

Nice try, but I'd be happy to give you the spacers if you need them.  Just pay 5 bucks shipping.

six-tee-nine

now we're at the subject : are the 6 way seat tracks higher than the standard ones then? Since they don't use spacers...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quotenow we're at the subject : are the 6 way seat tracks higher than the standard ones then? Since they don't use spacers...

They are adjustable in height so in a way yes.....not too sure of the exact reason for not using the spacers on them though
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 02, 2008, 04:47:25 AM
Quote from: 694spdRT on April 01, 2008, 08:46:24 PM

Nice try, but I'd be happy to give you the spacers if you need them.  Just pay 5 bucks shipping.

Three years ago a guy in town was building up a General Lee. While talking he told me the original seats were trashed and had this funny lever deal on the side that he had never seen before. He said he was using a set of nice '68 buckets instead so I asked what he did with the old bucket seats. "Oh, they were in my way so I tossed them in the burn pile last week." :brickwall:

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Finn

I might be interested in those spacers, my mom insisted I make it so she can drive it. Ive found a company that makes a tilt steering column so now its just the issues of raising the seat and some sort of power pedal setup hopefully ::)
How much do they raise the seats?
thanks
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Just 6T9 CHGR

The spacers are only 1/2" or so thick
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Finn on April 02, 2008, 06:51:05 PM
I might be interested in those spacers, my mom insisted I make it so she can drive it. Ive found a company that makes a tilt steering column so now its just the issues of raising the seat and some sort of power pedal setup hopefully ::)
How much do they raise the seats?
thanks
If you need em, PM me.

1969chargerrtse

Well, after last nights hour ride.  The foam is coming out.  My butt hurt.    Maybe Chris's idea of firming up is better.  I don't like the stiff feel.  Sorry.  Hey I tried.