News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

update from vega plug installation of 70 charger

Started by petercharger, April 02, 2008, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharger

well, just got the plug in..now starting on the nose and wing tomorrow...will take to the body shop next week for finish work and paint..thanks for all your help.  Peter
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

daytonalo

NICE WORK !!! DID YOU WORK OUT THE HEADLINER AND PACKGE TRAY ??

LARRY

BigBlockSam

can you post a picture with the trunk lid open. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

petercharger

hotrod98

Either it's an optical illusion, or that plug is sitting much lower than the one that I installed in Howie's car.

Looks like a nice neat install though.  :2thumbs:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Daytona R/T SE

The front of the trunklid opening is a good two to three inches too far forward, the trunklid should end BEHIND the gas cap depression on the quarter...Like this...

petercharger

well may not be right on the money but close enough for me for the first time..I am just glad to get this far..thanks for the input..can't tear it appart now and start over :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

BigBlockSam

Quotethat plug is sitting much lower 

yea, the plug is lower  and the trunk lid is about 3 inches to big . that makes the metal in between the window and trunk lid shorter . thats gonna affect the hinges too . keep posting pics Peter . this is intresting.   

hey Peter did you weld that in yourself? nice welding . i wish i could weld like that.  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: petercharger on April 02, 2008, 11:15:20 PM
well may not be right on the money but close enough for me for the first time..I am just glad to get this far..thanks for the input..can't tear it appart now and start over :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Just pointing out something I noticed...Your car is looking good!  :cheers:

moparstuart

being that the lid is to wide will there be wing clearence problems  ?????????   when opening trunk lid
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

Not if uses spacers under wing upright ! Maybe a 2x4 ?

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on April 03, 2008, 09:50:56 AM
Not if uses spacers under wing upright ! Maybe a 2x4 ?
that would look just great , special ! ! !  :smilielol:

petercharger

The trunk should open enough for a cooler of beer..most of the time I see the trunk down..but good points will have to let the fab shop know the dimensions of my cooler..will be doing wing and nose next week..and then to the body shop for re body work and final prep..will see then what it looks like overall...thanks for all your help and love this site.. :2thumbs: :cheers:

BigBlockSam

yea man , do the wing first . it'll get you excited to do the nose. plus it's easier . i think the trunk lid should clear the wing  with no problem .

:yesnod:  a cooler of beer and a comfy chair and i'm happy too. Rene

daytonalo

I say no , the Pivot point is incorrect !!! It is going to close for sure . Old saying , measure twice , cut once !!

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on April 06, 2008, 01:38:42 PM
I say no , the Pivot point is incorrect !!! It is going to close for sure . Old saying , measure twice , cut once !!
most likely he will have to weld a stop on the hinge to keep it from bangin the wing denting ithe lid or knocking paint off

daytonalo

How about using bike chain as a limit device ???????????

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on April 07, 2008, 03:01:22 PM
How about using bike chain as a limit device ???????????
[/ factory superbirds actually have stops welded in to limit it so you dont smash your fingers between the wing and the lid , but I like the chain idea  :smilielol:

daytonalo

So do Daytona hinges as well  Einstein !!!!!!

daytonalo

The stops are so the Hinge stops short of the weatherstrip channel !!

petercharger

well the nose and wing are being test fitted..body shop will have to do some modification. it's come a long way in 4 weeks..will post more pictures.  :cheers: :yesnod:

dads_69

Awesome!!!!   :2thumbs:
Keep us posted, looking great!
Chalk up another clone for the streets.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

daytonalo

Hey Rene , look at the head on shot , see what I mean about the Stinger nose countour not even being on the same Planet ??? Headlight doors are even worse . my hood pops open without the unsightly spring

petercharger

will post pictures once the body shop gets the nose in line with the rest of the body...I notice that on the true daytona's the noses did not line up also..seems like some people are trying to get the car to a condition they never were..I am getting mine done and seems like I don't see others showing what they are doing :popcrn: :popcrn: