News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kenny Wayne's "Extreme Lee"

Started by TruckDriver, July 26, 2005, 08:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Is on the TV show "Rides" again next Tuesday Aug. 2. There also going to have some behind the sceens stuff about "The Dukes" movie.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BrianShaughnessy

Thanks for the reminder  :icon_smile_cool:

I hope someday Kenny lets us all in on any updates with the car.   I know I like it a lot  :drool5:  ... probably the best Rides show I've seen too.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Daytona Guy

Cool. I recorded it the first time and my daughter recorded over it. Not this time. I love that show. I wish they would have spent more time on the interior. Talking about all that they did. The wood is beautiful. KWS's car will be a part of Mopar history. Thanks Kenny.   

We need more pics, big pics of that car.

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 26, 2005, 11:01:26 PM
Cool. I recorded it the first time and my daughter recorded over it. Not this time. I love that show. I wish they would have spent more time on the interior. Talking about all that they did. The wood is beautiful. KWS's car will be a part of Mopar history. Thanks Kenny.     

We need more pics, big pics of that car.
:iagree:

BB1

Delete my profile

tomonty

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

4402tuff4u

The Learning Channel (TLC). Did'nt someone say awhile back at our previous home that Kenny was a member of this board??
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Dale The Bold

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on August 02, 2005, 11:24:50 AM
The Learning Channel (TLC). Did'nt someone say awhile back at our previous home that Kenny was a member of this board??

I wouldn't be surprised.  He posted on the Confederate General Lee boards.  That's where I suggested he do the "tattered" flag.  He was also asking input for the name and really didn't get many good suggestions (I suggested "Battle General Lee," even though it was cheesy).
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

hotrod98

I saw the Extreme General Lee car at the Gear Vendors Overdrive booth at Sema last fall. The car looks so much better than I expected. I didn't realize it at the time but it hadn't even been started yet.
A couple of years ago, a guy was at my shop talking about building another GL car. He's had two others over the years. He said that he didn't have any more Vectors and that he was having a hard time finding them. I told him he should build a more modern version of the car with modern wheels, etc. and that it would probably end up in a magazine or two. He started gathering up parts and dollars to do the deed and lo and behold, Extreme Lee shows up. Kind of burst his bubble. He's back to building an exact clone now. lol

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_se_ron

Thanks for the reminder, DodgeChargerGuy :icon_smile_big:
Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

BB1

Delete my profile

TruckDriver

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on August 02, 2005, 11:24:50 AM
Did'nt someone say awhile back at our previous home that Kenny was a member of this board??

Yes ;)
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bsakal

The car is sweet, too bad you couldn't hear how mean it sounds going down the road with a KWS song blaring in the background.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

IBsmokin

Man i just got done watching this show and was gonna make a post about it, heres a link for pics

( http://www.kennywayneshepherd.net/photos/xtremelee/ )

DarkAngel0816

I would of loved to hear the sound of it as well...the start up and etc...esp after they had it all hooked up together.  That first start of a new engine is tough.  My opinion.

I really like what he has done...it is different...and while yes it is far from original...another Charger saved...and I would take it in a moment!
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Khyron

I forgot I had these on my hard drive. you can see by the sig who I got these from ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Lightning

when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Charger_Fan

That's such a friggin' cool car!! :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

I personally thought that that episode of Rides was one of the most disapointing one yet.  Yeah sure it was great that a Dodge Charger was the star of the show but I thought it was lame.  I don't see anything extreme about that car other than the FI motor.  Don't get me wrong, cool car and all but the show could have been much better.

My favourite episode has to be when they turned the 1966 Toronado from a FWD car to a 1000 hp RWD car and took it to the GM testing grounds in AZ.  That was a cool episode.

tomonty

Awesome looking car, gay rims. They definately could have picked better rims.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

RT DAVE

Quote from: tomonty on August 03, 2005, 07:45:19 AM
Awesome looking car, gay rims. They definately could have picked better rims.

I agree, especially when you consider the fact that the rims were made for the car.  It's not like they were limited by what was available to the general public.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

BigBlockSam

QuoteAwesome looking car, gay rims 

:iagree:   :smilielol:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Troy

Ok, I promised I'd post more pics so here ya go! Notice the wheels look slightly different from when the car debuted.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ChargerHound69

I bet he got all his parts from Year One with no problem.   :icon_smile_angry:

Troy

One more little one and some desktop backgrounds:
Pic 1 above at 2288x1712 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/switchstancebrdr/Misc/kws2005Tour003.jpg
Pic 4 above (flag detail) at 1280x960 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/switchstancebrdr/Misc/P1010029.jpg

Troy

Daytona Guy

There is nothing wrong with those rims. They are perfect for the whole make up of that car.

I have not posted this pic of my car that I made in 82. As you can see why I didn't - It is the 80's look that haunts you in pictures. Ouch. My kids rail me about the way I look.

I had the real deal wheels. KWS wheels are awesome.  :musik010: :callme:

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

TruckDriver

Well, some of you know, that I am not fond of all the general clones(I just believe there is to many). BUT, I would love to have Kennys anyday just because its different. And I like the wheels on the cars too :2thumbs:
PETE

BigBlockSam

QuoteI would love to have Kennys anyday   
:iagree:

i would repaint it solid orange ,get rid of the rims and stupid push bar.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

SuBLimE 69

Dang it ! I missed that show AGAIN !

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

BrianShaughnessy

Once again... Kenny's car is cool... so is Kenny -  Gotta respect the talent!   :2thumbs:

What isn't cool are the comments some people make about his car.    He is a member here but he doesn't post a whole lot...  I don't wonder why sometimes.   

RT DAVE

I wish they'd do a show about his 50(?) Ford.   It looks alot cooler than his charger...
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Troy on August 10, 2005, 11:53:48 PM
One more little one and some desktop backgrounds:
Pic 1 above at 2288x1712 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/switchstancebrdr/Misc/kws2005Tour003.jpg
Pic 4 above (flag detail) at 1280x960 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/switchstancebrdr/Misc/P1010029.jpg
#4 is mine! Thanks, Man! :2thumbs:

I like the rims too, especially since they've been painted. To me, the rims & the different colored push bar really go well with the overall "General-that's-not-a-General" idea.

The whole tattered flag & numbers idea, along with the guitar-wood treatment inside the car is simply outstanding, IMO.

Have I mentioned yet that I love this car?? :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

IBsmokin

I love the car as well, I am not fond of general lee's but this one is just too sweet, i think if someone is bashing it then they are just a tad bit jealous.
so what is kenny's nick on here anyways if he is a member?

BigBlockSam

ChargerHound69

I think the only thing that makes that car look bad is the push bar.  I think it would look better black.

Silver R/T

it doesnt look too bad although im not DOH fan
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

KWS

Here's a new article on the car in the LA Daily News, there's a photo gallery as well....

http://www2.dailynews.com/news

http://lang.dailynews.com/socal/gallery2/index.asp

BrianShaughnessy

Hey  Kenny!!

What's up with selling your other General Lee on ebay? 

Anyway...  I love the Xtreme.   Take it easy. 

KWS

SuBLimE 69

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Charger_Fan

69_500

troy did you take those pictures of the Extreme Lee out in Vegas? i didn't know you were at that show as well.

Side note here, we did quite a bit of filming of Kenny's Charger at the Vegas show it is available on our DVD, Mopars at the Strip. After cutting and editing, I believe that his Xtreme Lee has a minute and a half of the DVD time.

IBsmokin

I tell you I was never a fan to the General Lee paint skeam, but Kenny's Xtreme Lee is mint.  I love the low profile look to it, and I have to say, #9 is my favorite pic as well!  That car is a major chick magnet, if you cant pick up with that car then man I suggest you run off and join the catholic priesthood!

Troy

Quote from: 69_500 on August 15, 2005, 07:59:21 PM
troy did you take those pictures of the Extreme Lee out in Vegas? i didn't know you were at that show as well.

Side note here, we did quite a bit of filming of Kenny's Charger at the Vegas show it is available on our DVD, Mopars at the Strip. After cutting and editing, I believe that his Xtreme Lee has a minute and a half of the DVD time.

Unfortunately, no, I didn't get to go to Vegas (those pics were sent to me to post). I'd love to see the car in person though! I guess I'll have to start travelling longer distances for that.

Troy

73rallye440magnum

thats a really sharp car, i like it, though i too am sick of all the gl cars.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

LahTera

Daytona Guy, I like your rims better, but personally, I'd do something totally different.  That's just me, and even for a "girl," I generally suck at fashion.  I'm more into performance.   :icon_smile_wink:

I get a lot of folks telling me to do mine up as General Lee, but there ARE too many out there!  I must be the only green Charger in Alaska.  Personally, I wouldn't mind having a red, white and blue Charger with a tattered (more like well-worn) American flag on it.  (I did warn you folks I was a Northern gal, right?)   ;)

LahTera

ChargerHound69

Like the General Grant photo in the new issue of Hot Rod??

LahTera

Really?  Hadn't seen that Hot Rod.   :shruggy:  I'll have to go digging!

Captain Mopar, have you got our Hot Rod magazine?   :slap:

LahTera

Charger_Fan

Here's somebody's version, although not a tattered flag...

Linky; http://www.cogulus.com/blog/archives/88/

LahTera

Hmmm .... don't really like that blue.  But it gave me an idea ... do the blue with white stars on the hood and start the stripes going down the roof, ending in red and white flames .....   :icon_smile_big:

LahTera

andy74

ChargerHound69

Well, that car looks way better than all those General Lee's I keep seeing.

TruckDriver

:image_294343: I think that I would rather have a nice stock appering paint job

PETE

4402tuff4u

I think a silver or black Charger would look much better with the American flag. The number on the door should be a different tone of the same color of the car - giving it a almost stealthy look. It would look kind of "military" type. I would call it the "General Patton"!  :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

richard parker

does anybody know who makes these wheels ?

Cncguy

Quote from: richard parker on September 10, 2015, 03:58:53 PM
does anybody know who makes these wheels ?

I believe they were custom made.

myk

I actually like those wheels.  Too bad they're probably one-offs...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

richard parker

looked into it a bit more they are custom made by budnick wheels thanks guys