News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hurst V-Matic or B&M Megashifter?

Started by 1BAD68, April 06, 2008, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm trying to decide what shifter to put in my 68.

Hurst V-Matic
14 (60.9%)
B&M Megashifter
6 (26.1%)
other (please specify)
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Foreman72

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 27, 2009, 10:27:06 PM
There's a brand new V-Matic shifter for sale in the classifieds.  ;)

Ron

ooo...thanks man...i'll look into that :cheers:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

200MPH

Quote from: keepat on April 06, 2008, 08:22:52 PM
I fit a Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter in the Charger console and it works great.
Pat

Back from the dead!
Keepat how hard was this to install under your console ?
Charger

mauve66

1bad68, when you put the shifter on top of the stock bracket didn't that make the shifter sit up way too high out of the console lid?? or did you just put an aftermarket cover on top of the console lid??

reason i asked was i was really leery about cutting my stock brackets out but couldn't figure out a way to get the shifter low enough to use the stock lid, so i cut them, now i'm stuck without a shifter until i get around to finishing the new shifter install
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

HITMAN 149

i also have a HURST Pro shifter 2...
i was going to do what pat (keepat) did with his awesome 68... use the stock console... but i may try & come up with a newer more modern console over it?!?!? im still in limbo with that part!!! lol
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

1BAD68

Quote from: mauve66 on January 21, 2010, 05:46:15 PM
1bad68, when you put the shifter on top of the stock bracket didn't that make the shifter sit up way too high out of the console lid?? or did you just put an aftermarket cover on top of the console lid??

reason i asked was i was really leery about cutting my stock brackets out but couldn't figure out a way to get the shifter low enough to use the stock lid, so i cut them, now i'm stuck without a shifter until i get around to finishing the new shifter install

Yes it sits up high and all exposed but I've been living with it like that because I don't want to cut the brackets off.