News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Horn Button Interchang?

Started by miamivice, October 12, 2005, 11:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miamivice

calling all experts.

ive got a 69 charger, which is missing the center horn button for the woodgrain wheel. 

here is a pic of what i got http://www.freewebs.com/82transam/dash.JPG  ...just look at it...no, its not a trans am!

i know there are some other cars w/ the same button i need, but dont know the years and make/models.

thanks

694spdRT

Any woodgrain wheel hornbutton from 68-70 will work. The Charger used a different medallion in the center than the Plymouth but, I think those can be bought.

BTW: In 1970 they changed the horn button collar, but the actual button remained the same.

Here is the one from my '69 that uses the '70 collar and the 2nd pic is what the '68-69 collar should look like. The '70 collar is a little larger in diameter.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

8WHEELER

You can find wood grain wheels on Coronet R/T's Roadrunners Superbirds and others, the center
emblem can be changed easy you have the correct hub just need the horn pad.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Heres the 68-69 wheel collar pic as well.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

miamivice

awsome guys, thanks for your help on this one

Kazza68

Firstly, my apologies if someone somewhere else has already asked this question.  I'm relatively new to this (wonderful!) forum so still learning...

I have a 68 Dodge Charger and the last thing I need is a horn button. It has the factory steering wheel and the three-pronged mount which I believe the button slots then twists into.

I want to stick with the 'factory correct' look, however I'm unsure which button should be on my car. The last 6 digits in the VIN number are 258xxx. Apparently, there were two styles of buttons that came out on the 68s... a metal one for the first half of 68 production cars then the plain black padded one for the second half of the year.

I prefer the look of the metal one but I am unsure if it will slot into the mounting bracket in the centre of the steering wheel?

Any insights or advice is appreciated. :icon_smile_big: