News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I just got my brand new Headlight vacuum pods from PG Classic....Too bad they...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, April 11, 2008, 05:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Don't F**KING WORK  :brickwall:

I just got my brand new headlight actuators from PG Classic. Man they look good.  When I hooked them up to my small hand operated vacuum pump....nothing...just a lot of hissing. They leak worse that the 40 year old ones I took off of the car.... I've e-mailed PG. Let's see what they do about it. I really don't have the time or patience to ship this junk back to Canada and pray the next set will work  :flame:

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Just 6T9 CHGR

Crap man that sucks.....seems to be a lot of quality control issues with a lot of these aftermarket parts... :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 11, 2008, 05:54:01 PM
Crap man that sucks.....seems to be a lot of quality control issues with a lot of these aftermarket parts... :rotz:

It's enough to make a guy seriously think about unloading all of these old cars and just quit.

I heard today that scrap steel is up to $230 a ton around here  :scratchchin: :hack:

69_500

Its probably like most things produced. They test them at radom, and as long as the radom ones don't leak they ship out the rest of them.

daytonalo

I take it you looked under dust boot ???On mine the seal can sometimes get hung up on shaft

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on April 11, 2008, 06:19:50 PM
I take it you looked under dust boot ???On mine the seal can sometimes get hung up on shaft

Interesting, Larry.   I'll take a look at my originals under "Das Boot"

But... I paid for functioning parts.

I expect to receive functioning parts.

Maybe I'm just silly to expect new parts to ACTUALLY WORK ?  :eek2:

Magnumcharger

I'll give you $250/ton for your Daytona project...and after I load it onto my trailer, I'll even clean your garage ...
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Magnumcharger on April 11, 2008, 08:34:30 PM
I'll give you $250/ton for your Daytona project...and after I load it onto my trailer, I'll even clean your garage ...

You won't need to bring a trailer, you can have mine. ;)

You'd better clean out my attic, spare bedroom, storage shed, the attached garage, my workshop and my friend's barn too. I've got tons of second and third generation parts, including six Chargers, some Imperial and Sport Fury stuff too.... ;)

Think I'll just shove the Harley into the back of my Diesel 2500 Ram and dissapear to someplace like Montana...You can have the old lady too if you want, I won't be taking her with me... ;)

Magnumcharger

Sounds like a deal!
But your old lady better have it "up front"  :o, or the deal is off!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Magnumcharger on April 11, 2008, 09:43:40 PM
Sounds like a deal!
But your old lady better have it "up front"  :o, or the deal is off!

Don't worry, she can get the job done. ;)

TruckDriver

I mize well jump on the band wagon then. I'll take the '69 T5 Charger and one of the '72s  ;) :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 11, 2008, 10:05:15 PM
I mize well jump on the band wagon then. I'll take the '69 T5 Charger and one of the '72s  ;) :D

I'll give you guys the ol' lady's phone number once the Harley is loaded up and I'm about 100 miles away from home....

Wait a minute .....

She doesn't know where I keep most of this stuff  :scratchchin: :brickwall:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 11, 2008, 06:28:35 PM

Just as a witness...., do any Daytona clone parts work right out of the box?   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

next time buy from BE&A same stuff  but here in the states no canadian shipping hassle
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on April 12, 2008, 07:32:58 AM

next time buy from BE&A same stuff  but here in the states no canadian shipping hassle

PG was $70 cheaper than BE&A and like you said, "Same stuff" Shipping was $18 and took a week so that part wasn't bad. Of course I wasn't planning on receiving non-functional parts :brickwall:

I haven't heard back from PG yet, but it's not even been a full day yet, so I'm hoping they'll make this right.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 12, 2008, 12:07:10 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 11, 2008, 06:28:35 PM

Just as a witness...., do any Daytona clone parts work right out of the box?   :shruggy:

None of them that I've spent $$$$ on have been ready to go right out of the box, I've had to repair shipping damage, send broken parts back, drill mounting holes and make cutouts that judging from the pictures on the fancy website and the pretty brochure should have been done already (the seller said "Well if I finished the parts for you, I'd have to charge more") :brickwall:

Many of the parts I bought were little more than three dimensional fiberglass patterns I used as a template to make my own parts and then I tossed the "patterns" into a pile to be ebay'ed off later. :brickwall:

In addition the the non funtional parts I received from PG yesterday, I'm still waiting on parts from three other vendors, who shall remain nameless at this time because I still think they will all come through for me in the end.

One part I've only been waiting on for two weeks - not bad, I'm still hopefull.

Another part has been about a month...still thinkin' that one will show up...I check my front porch every day.

The last parts I paid for in November of '07. I got some of the smaller parts, still waiting on the "Big" one. I keep being told "It's almost ready"  :brickwall:

moparstuart

your work is amazing and when the car is done i'm sure itwill be a master piece .  :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Well, I just heard back from PG Classics. They are going to replace my headlight pods and refund my cost to ship the non-functional ones back to them. Fair enough. Let's just hope I have better luck with the next pair...

70Sbird

Chris,
Just another thought here, when you do get your new actuators be SURE to test fit the attaching pin into the drilled hole in the rod.
If you don't, and wait until they are installed when you are trying to push that pin in with the tips of you fingers through the headlight holes, you might find that the hole is about .010 too small and the pin wont go all the way through. Then you would have to take them back out, drill out the hole out and install them all over again!!!
Don't as me how I know this.

:brickwall:

Scott Faulkner

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 70Sbird on April 17, 2008, 08:12:29 PM
Chris,
Just another thought here, when you do get your new actuators be SURE to test fit the attaching pin into the drilled hole in the rod.
If you don't, and wait until they are installed when you are trying to push that pin in with the tips of you fingers through the headlight holes, you might find that the hole is about .010 too small and the pin wont go all the way through. Then you would have to take them back out, drill out the hole out and install them all over again!!!
Don't as me how I know this.

:brickwall:

Yep, I already noticed this, at first I thought it might just be a poor choice of pins on my part. I'll have to turn the pins down a few thousandths, since I don't think there's enough material to spare on the rods to drill the holes out  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

daytonalo