News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Battery - Stock Red vent plugs

Started by Daytona Guy, April 15, 2008, 03:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I am not sure where to put this post - So I am sure it will get redirected, but where can you find the RED BETTERY plugs for the stock batteries? Mine are all beat up. I do not need a new battery just the vent plugs. Help!

RAC95054

Try http://www.antiqueautobattery.com  Not sure if they sell just the caps, but I know they have them.

-Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

hemigeno

I was busy searching the antique auto battery website while Russ was typing his reply. :lol:

That's the answer I would give - have no idea if they'd sell the caps separately, but they gotta get them from somewhere.

Daytona Guy

They will not sell me any caps. They say people are using them on regular batteries then they do not get the biz. So I have to find some - some where?????????????? Only if someone has bought a battery can purchase them within two years. Anyone have an idea?

Chatt69chgr

Hmmmm!----------Sounds like a nice part for Mike Ross of BEA to offer.  He could probably get them made for next to nothing in China.

Just 6T9 CHGR

All I know is that I will be crazy gluing mine in there this year.....seems like the red caps are on high thieves lists lately....

DISCLAIMER:  don't glue your caps if you have a lead-acid filled battery! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

Are the ones that come with the battery toppers the same? If so, you could buy a topper just to steal the caps.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: JimShine on April 17, 2008, 09:28:49 PM
Are the ones that come with the battery toppers the same? If so, you could buy a topper just to steal the caps.

Where do you find the toppers???

JimShine