News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody else have trouble with Pertronix ignitions??

Started by Moparman01, April 16, 2008, 08:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparman01

I bought a Pertronix Ignitor II ignition conversion for my '68 Charger and after goin thru hell to get the magnet ring they left out of my kit, the thing doesn't go together right????  :brickwall: There is way to much play/slop between the magnet ring and the modual, the rotor does not hold the magnet ring in place and let's is wiggle to much, it can't be gapped in. Anyone else expirience this problem?? I would assume the magnet ring should be nice and tight on the rotor shaft to keep a constant distance from the modual, but it's not. The distributor is brand new so it's not that, i've tried it in 2 distributers and it does the same thing. For being a supposedly easy installation it has turned into a night mare for me!! I know it seems like all i do is come on here and bitch about things but the last 2 weeks i've had nothing but trouble gettin my cars around for the spring thanks to bad aftermarket engineering!!