News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Story

Started by wingfan, April 17, 2008, 10:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingfan

I was talking with a guy whose family owned a Chrysler dealership in Mena, Arkansas.  They got their  required Superbird but couldn't sell it.  It stickered for $4600 so I can see why.  It sat for a year and the dealership was getting tired of the interest payments.  The family was friends with the owners of Shaver Used Autos in Ft. Smith.  They made deal in which the new Bird was traded for two used Chevy Impalas.  The Bird eventually sold with the warranty intact, just as if it had been sold by a Chrysler dealer. 

hotrod98

There were two birds here in Fort Smith. A limelight one and an orange one. Joe Moon still has the orange one, but the limelight one left here in the late 80's or early 90's and ended up in Little Rock, I think.
Any idea which one was from Mena? 
I remember seeing one of them at the Chrysler-Plymouth dealership when I was about 13 years old. My dad made the comment that it was the most hideous thing that an auto manufacturer had ever built.
Joe's car has been totalled twice and rebuilt. I still see him drive it occasionally. He gave it to his niece a while back and he keeps it at his house near Alma, AR.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

wingfan

hotrod98

Tor-red=hemi orange. This has to be the one. Joe bought it locally when it was either new or nearly new.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams