News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2 rad hose questions

Started by AmadeusCharger500, April 18, 2008, 05:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

Where do I get the metal spring for inside the lower rad hose?

What cars came with an upper that went from water pump to inlet in the passenger side?
What engine combos and years. I am just trying to get a non flex hose for my car.

Heath

Ghoste

I think to get the spring you pretty much have to spring for the higher quality (read more expensive) hoses.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Lately I have been hearing that none of the lower hoses come with the spring anymore :rotz:

Guys have been taking stainless welding rod & wrapping it around a bat or broom handle to make the "spring"

Second question.....big block?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Oh that's some good news.  One more kick at the old cars from the "man".

histoy

My '64 Plymouth Max Wedge is set up that way.   I think that the 63 - 65 Plymouth and Dodge B & RB engines (361, 383, 426 , 426MW) all had upper hoses like that, however the water outllet was angled slightly to the front instead of straight up like on the later 60s cars.

AmadeusCharger500

Anyone know why my lower hose is hitting the k-member so bad It has a kink in it? I'm replacing it in hopes I figure out a way to not have this happen!
The radiator is a 3 row for a big block.

histoy

It may be a hose designed to fit several models.   If so, you may have to shorten the front section of the hose to move it further forward of the K member.   I've had to do that in the past.