News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TALLADEGA '09 THREAD

Started by pettybird, April 18, 2008, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

I'm bored, and there have been more than a few people saying that this should be started...  16-month sticky FTW!!!

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE DEADLINE FOR YOUR CARS.  Do NOT miss this! 

Who's going, in what, and what needs to be finished?

I'm planning on taking the Petty 'bird as the B5 car's been there twice now.   My car runs fine but it's really never been apart, so I'm hoping to do a mechanical rebuild beforehand. 

My friend Steve Kay is planning on taking his B5/white 440/4speed 'bird as he's taken his Q5 'tona those same two times.

Moparmatty

My Dad and I'll be there car or no car!

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

PocketThunder

I'm going.. :yesnod:  I'm so ready to start a resto on my C500 this summer to get it ready for next summer but i know that a one year project can turn into 5 or 10 so i'm a little leary to start.  Maybe one more car show with the hillside hemi is the best move.  No, at any situation, i will make sure i get there. 
My spouse has relatives in Atlanta, so she will be flying down and we will spend a week there.

Paul
in St. Paul (for now)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

440mop

I'm planning on going too, just need to sort out a few logistical problems, like how to get the Daytona over from New Zealand!!
Seriously, I do want to bring the Daytona over and do this event it will be the trip of a lifetime; plan on shipping it to LA and then driving to Talladega.Would like to hook up with some of you on the way if possible.
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

69_500

Count me in. Odds are that it won't fall on the same weekend as it did in '04. That I couldn't make it to as it was my son's 1st birthday. Although if it does, I don't think he would argue about going for his birthday as long as some T5 bronze 500's show up. He seems to be in love with those.

Ghoste

If cars other than aero cars are permitted, I'll bring the 67 (or whatever I have then...)

jonw29

I am ready to go,bags packed and all.The only thing that I need is about 40 guys(ala Overhaulin')to come and help with the re-assembly process :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

we are going this time for the first time , we will not miss it for anything
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemigeno

I've been planning everything related to my Daytona's restoration around this particular show since before the 2004 reunion.  I even started the resto on my car in 2006 just to make sure that I had plenty of time to get EVERYTHING done and sorted out before Oct '09.  If it makes any other event prior to that, fine.  Talladega is the drop-dead date though.  The wife and family have been given 7 year's notice as well   :P

This should be a fun event, with as many DC.com folks as are planning to be there.

Oh, and this thread is definitely forum-sticky material...

Big Bird

I'm in !!!!!1  Have not been back since the 25 th. reunion when I owned my F6 Daytona.  Since then owned a Talladega ( blue) & a Cale Yarborough Cyclone. Sold them both last year & got my current Superbird, ( lime-light green) Love it & i'll be there with my BIRD !!!!
BIG - BIRD :)

69_500

Looking forward to seeing Gene's Daytona once its completed, and hopefully its done long before the Talladega meet next year. I'm hoping to get to shoot tons of photo's of it this year at some point once its done and painted. Who knows maybe Troy will be rolling to the Talladega meet in a Wing car too, hopefully that is, if not I'm sure I'll drool all over Dana too.

70Sbird

I'm in!
I'll then get to update my signature picture!
Pettybird,
I'll have a couple cans of starting fluid and some zip-ties for my headlights packed and ready, Follow me real close so that If I need a pit crew again you can be ready to jump out at a moments notice!!!!!
:2thumbs:

Scott Faulkner

A383Wing

We were there in '99.....

Bryan  (may have to go again next year)  :scratchchin:

moparchris

Haven't been back there since 93 or 94.  What exact dates are we talking about.  It may be impossible to bring a car if it's during the school year as I can't take that much time off during class time.

moparstuart

Quote from: moparchris on April 21, 2008, 11:55:06 AM
Haven't been back there since 93 or 94.  What exact dates are we talking about.  It may be impossible to bring a car if it's during the school year as I can't take that much time off during class time.
october nascar race ! yes it's during the school year
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

chargerrt

I plan on being there!  What a great first trip to go on after graduating from college!  I'll be bringing the '70.  It might be the only long distance trip I make in it before I begin the restoration.  Can't wait to drive around the track....

pettybird

Quote from: 70Sbird on April 21, 2008, 08:46:23 AM
I'm in!
I'll then get to update my signature picture!
Pettybird,
I'll have a couple cans of starting fluid and some zip-ties for my headlights packed and ready, Follow me real close so that If I need a pit crew again you can be ready to jump out at a moments notice!!!!!
:2thumbs:

make sure you bring sandpaper for the fusebox and an extra ECU for the dizzy, too!

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 18, 2008, 11:57:22 PM
I'm going.. :yesnod:  I'm so ready to start a resto on my C500 this summer to get it ready for next summer but i know that a one year project can turn into 5 or 10 so i'm a little leary to start.  Maybe one more car show with the hillside hemi is the best move.  No, at any situation, i will make sure i get there. 
My spouse has relatives in Atlanta, so she will be flying down and we will spend a week there.

Paul
in St. Paul (for now)

Could there be a possibility of two T7 C500's being at the same place at the same time?..............    :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 23, 2008, 02:13:49 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on April 18, 2008, 11:57:22 PM

Paul
in St. Paul (for now)

Could there be a possibility of two T7 C500's being at the same place at the same time?..............    :icon_smile_big:

If you dont unload your car before then.  Or RAC could bring it if he owns it by then.  My car might be T7 by then or it will be a combination of faded T7, primer, and rust.  :angel:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

pettyfan43

I'm planning on being there, and MAYBE my 66 will be done by then (Yeah no nose and wing, but it is still a cool B-Body!!!

I told Mike (NYCMille) about this a while back and he sounded excited about it. Maybe Project Angrier will slide down from NYC!!!!!

WINGR

Count me in, I went for the first time in 1994 and had a blast. I didn't even have my Daytona done then and still enjoyed the heck out of it. Of course thanks to Troy I was ale to cruise with them at Dega in Dana, so that made it that much more special. Hope to see all of you Aero-Car fans out there. :2thumbs:

WINGR

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGR on May 08, 2008, 10:37:01 AM
Count me in, I went for the first time in 1994 and had a blast. I didn't even have my Daytona done then and still enjoyed the heck out of it. Of course thanks to Troy I was ale to cruise with them at Dega in Dana, so that made it that much more special. Hope to see all of you Aero-Car fans out there. :2thumbs:

WINGR

Ahh.. me pleasure.............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

CornDogsCharger

I definately plan on going.  It will actually be my first wing car show at Talladega.  I think it will be awesome.  I am currently restoring the 'Bird that belongs to my boss.  I told him about the show and I think he plans to go also.  Hopefully I will have his car finished in time to attend the show.  You can watch the restoration here.... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43102.0.html

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

hergfest

As of now I plan on driving my 500 down from the Seattle area with 2 or 3 Superbirds.  Should be fun!

moparchris

If it's monetarily possible since I can't get time off from teaching to tow the C500 out there, I may have the car shipped and then fly out to the hotel in Birmingham.  Do we have a firm date(s) yet?  Since my car has never been east of the Mississippi River it would be a lot of fun to get it out there and let it stretch its legs on the way to the track!