News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I THINK I'M GOING TO SELL MY DAYTONA

Started by daytonalo, April 22, 2008, 01:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

what do you think my car is worth ?? It is almost ready for paint , comes with Alum wing , operational headlight doors , comes with no motor . I have Hemi 4 speed and 11 inch bellhousing and 8.75 posi rear . Body had new floors , qtrs , Vega plug, U.S car tool sub connectors , Paint it , buy a Hemi , and have a bad ass car !!

Larry

hemi68charger

Good Luck on the sale.. Looks like a great start................  Hopefully it'll go to a good home...........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

I think you should paint it, and keep it.  or store it away for the summer and go boating because you might have the itch to finish it when boating season is over.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Beep Beep Dave

Didn't you already list it last summer/fall?
What year is the Charger?
What was the original engine?
Did you put on the full AMD type quarters or those cheap partials?
Any pics of the metal work, floor pans and trunk pan install?
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

daytonalo

It was a 70 , it has no engine . They are skins . I do restoration work for a living , everything is RIGHT !!

Beep Beep Dave

Ok then let see some pics. Your right and my right may have different definitions. For example I wouldn't have used those awful junk quarters...they would need to be redone. Just want to know what else would need to be redone before I put a number on it.
And again - What was the original drivetrain combo?
Dave

1970 Charger R/T

daytonalo

daytonalo

will post much more later , Rene has viewed this car If your a good Body guy , the Skins are easy to install , sure the full Qtrs are nice , but years ago we didn't have a choice Cupcake .

Larry

Beep Beep Dave

Need some closeups of your work Buttercup. How much more Taiwanese sheetmetal went into this creation? Does it have the original wheelhouses and quarter extensions?
Again what was the original drivetrain?
Was it a A/C car?
Does it have an A/C firewall?
Does it have a 26 inch rad support?

Need some good pics and better answers to give you an idea of what it might be worth...unless of course you have something to hide?

Too bad you had to go with the skins buttercup....how long have you been working on this unfinished project?

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Zinc

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on April 22, 2008, 08:29:38 AM
Ok then let see some pics. Your right and my right may have different definitions. For example I wouldn't have used those awful junk quarters...they would need to be redone. Just want to know what else would need to be redone before I put a number on it.
And again - What was the original drivetrain combo?
Dave

The qtrs have to go! plus there's bondo or putty on that fiberglass nose, in the sun's heat, thats gonna lift, or shift causing problems on the surface, plus if that block of wood is still lanimated under the nose skin, without a layer of polyester filler sandwiched between it, it will cause transfer lines to form on the noses surface once exposed to the sun's heat, plus the cut you made in the sides of the nose, and reglassed, will return as "shadowed" lines and most likely crack, as it ages, fiberglass is very unique in it's properties, and if you violate them, you pay the price down the road, now before you jump on me for stateing this, I used to work for ERA reproductions in Conn. making Cobra kit car bodies for 10 years, and I know the pitfalls to avoid working with fiberglass, so a fair price, knowing what defiencies exsist, and the fact that the plug is a vega plug, not correct in apperance, I would start with $15000, seriously, seeing theres no driveline, no interior, and "some" rework to do, in the real world outside of this forum, that's the starting price of your project, I've seen too many abandoned projects like this over the years, and passed on them, because the rework is usally more time and dollar consuming than buying original or top of the line repros to start with in the beginning, one just has to look at all the kit car projects unfinished out there, the main causes are taking on a project over your head, lack of proper fabricating skills, not having a clue that the project needed a budget from the start, a well as a wallet to supply it, and combine all this with the amount of time needed to complete the project and interest goes down the drain, and before you know it, you want out :Twocents:

moparstuart

wow I think cupcake is getting alittle of his own medicine, thrown back at him   :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

daytonalo

Fiberglass is Polyester , body Filler is the same , all the work I did I used Vinylester , twice the price of Polyester that are used on your body's
I'm not new to Fiberglass , been laying up boats for years . Every boat built on this Fucking planet has wood stringers glassed in with no problem . If you think you can build a car today with no Body filler , you really have your head up your Ass !!!!!! You too , go away !!

Aero426

Larry, why do you want to give up on the car when it's this close to being done?

daytonalo

I have been doing restoration work for 20 years , an AMX 390 just took best of show last year at the Nationals . Lets see your work ???

Old Moparz

Quote from: daytonalo on April 22, 2008, 01:22:35 AM
what do you think my car is worth ?? It is almost ready for paint , comes with Alum wing , operational headlight doors , comes with no motor . I have Hemi 4 speed and 11 inch bellhousing and 8.75 posi rear . Body had new floors , qtrs , Vega plug, U.S car tool sub connectors , Paint it , buy a Hemi , and have a bad ass car !!

Larry

Larry, if I didn't have so much crap I'd be blowing off Carlisle this weekend & making a trip to the southern part of New Jersey to look at it. What it's worth on the market is, unfortunately, probably less than what you have into it. It's a lot harder to sell an unfinished car that still needs to be reassembled. I saw all your previous posts with the work you did, & aware of the before & after. A few years ago I gave up on hunting for a finished car & gathered most of what I needed to build one. I still need things, but not very much.

You also have a smaller potential market compared to some other cars, but I'd guess that it may be able to sell for somewhere between $7000 & $10,000 the way it sits. I'm sure if you added up your parts & labor it would be 2 to 3 times more than that. There's always ebay with a reserve you can live with to test it.   :shruggy:

Want to make any trades?  :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Beep Beep Dave

So far you have the makings of a very good HLPAG ad...a couple of bad pics and a vague description :2thumbs:
All you need now is some orange paint and a lint free roller.
Good luck Buttercup :hah:

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on April 22, 2008, 10:00:09 AM
So far you have the makings of a very good HLPAG ad...a couple of bad pics and a vague description :2thumbs:

Dave

:lol:

I know you're probably busting his balls, but he's got tons of previous threads with a lot of pics showing the work he did on the car. I haven't seen it in person, but I have been following the project.  :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on April 22, 2008, 10:00:09 AM

Dave
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Chris G.

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 22, 2008, 09:58:20 AM
but I'd guess that it may be able to sell for somewhere between $7000 & $10,000 the way it sits. I'm sure if you added up your parts & labor it would be 2 to 3 times more than that. There's always ebay with a reserve you can live with to test it.   :shruggy:

Glad you didn't waste your gas to make the trip Bob. If I know Larry, he will want 30K for it right now. It would be nice to get a price range from him, but this is just another smoke blowing, useless post about a car he cannot or will not sell. Oh, and he's really showing his wonderful selling skills by taking the time to answer the questions he's been asked.   :eek2:

daytonalo

I will burn it before I sell it for 7 k

BigBlockSam

I've seen the car and the body is straight as an arrow .you can not build one of these cars without some bondo . working headlights and a hollow aluminium wing . it's a great starting point for someone that wants to build a daytona. just having the nose mounted with working lights saves you a big headache.

good luck with what ever you decide. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

I'll give 5k for the working nose  :Twocents:

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on April 22, 2008, 10:05:25 AM
I will burn it before I sell it for 7 k

The operational nose alone is worth 5k not to mention the labor to install it.
And, I haven't figured out a way to repair dents without using at least some filler. Even applying several layers of primer is the same as using filler, especially when they're both polyester.
Larry, do you have a set of the 69 seats with headrests? I haven't seen any for sale recently for decent money.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams