News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear wheel lip width??

Started by 1st_charger, April 22, 2008, 07:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1st_charger

How wide is the rear quarter panel wheel lip originally? I have aftermarket quarters and I think the wheel lip looks wider than it should! Can someone meassure an original quarter for me?  Thanks

bill440rt

The rear wheel opening lip is only about 1" to 1-1/8" inches wide, or the width of the wheel opening trim.

Leaving that big lip from those repop 1/4 skins is a common mistake, & a dead giveaway that a 1/4 panel was replaced from just a glance.

Basically, just place the molding around the opening. Trace the edge of the molding with a pencil, & line it with masking tape. Then, trim away!!

:2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69*F5*SE

I measured my original quarters and the lips varied from between 3/4 to 7/8 of an inch all th way around on both quarters. So, it may be safe to say that one inch would be safe. Hope this helps.   Ted

1st_charger

Thanks guys that's just what I needed to hear!!

69*F5*SE

hemi-hampton

What I always do is run a piece of 3/4" or 1" tape inside wheel well lip & cut along tape line to eliminate extra. LEON.