News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70's Era 'Bird Resto...... (!!FINISHED!!)

Started by CornDogsCharger, April 23, 2008, 09:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 30, 2009, 10:07:47 PM
Have you guys got the black out on the nose yet? Also, what's up with the For Sale sign in the front window? :popcrn:

I wish that I took a picture of the front of the nost before I put it together.  In the picture above, only the headlight doors and about one inch around the headlight opening on the nose is painted black.  When the decals are applied, this will completely black in the the whole section.  Sometimes you will see a car that has the body color right around the headlight door... this is wrong.  The complete section should be black.

As for the "For Sale" sign, it was kind of an inside joke.  When I took the car apart, I found this sign inside the driver side door.  Unfortunately, there was no writing on it.  I put it on the dash to see what kind of offers I could get.  Ha  oh well. 

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

Just for fun.  I figured I'd post this picture.  The restored car is on the right. Right now I'm knee-deep in the rusty "Surprise-Bird" on the left.  

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Magnumcharger

Your job sucks!!!

No, wait....it's my job that sucks, yours looks great!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

CornDogsCharger

Quote from: Magnumcharger on July 01, 2009, 06:43:23 AM
Your job sucks!!!

No, wait....it's my job that sucks, yours looks great!!

haha.. At times... it does suck.  This is actually a regular collision shop.  I'm just doing these cars for the owner.  Normally, the oldest cars that are being worked in the shop are from about 1999.  But whenever a customer brings an old car up to the shop (which is very rarely)... I always get it.  There was only one other restoration that took place here and that was a 1956 Thunderbird that I did a few years ago. 

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

mikepmcs

:o
That is the biggest shop I've ever seen!
I think NorwayCharger might have one that is comparable but man that is huge. :o
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

CornDogsCharger

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 01, 2009, 04:14:19 PM
I think NorwayCharger might have one that is comparable but man that is huge. :o

Actually, this section of the shop is the new addition.  It's only about 1/3 the size of the rest of the shop.  And to top that... this is only one... my boss has three more shops that are almost equal in size within Metro Jackson.  Can we say "monopoly"? 

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Magnumcharger

Quote from: CornDogsCharger on July 01, 2009, 07:51:47 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on July 01, 2009, 04:14:19 PM

Actually, this section of the shop is the new addition.  It's only about 1/3 the size of the rest of the shop.  And to top that... this is only one... my boss has three more shops that are almost equal in size within Metro Jackson.  Can we say "monopoly"?  

Justin
"CornDog"

*cough*...mob....*cough*

CornDogsCharger

Well guys, I started on this car sometime in May '08 but only worked on it once or twice a week for a few hours.  Since Oct '08 I have been working on it every day consistantly and finished it last Thursday.  Well, it's not 100% finished, but 99%.  When the rebuilt original booster is shipped back... a quick swap and then it will be 100%.  We have a temporary booster on there now.  I'd like to thank everyone that has helped me along the way.  Whether it was advice, reference photos, selling parts, what ever... all of it helped make this car what it is today.  It has come a long way since it was purchased in the spring of '08.  I know there were a lot of people (including MCG) that didn't want to see the car touched, but I'm sure most everyone will agree that something needed to be done with it due to the rust issues.  Last week the decals were applied and the car got it's final clean up.  My next post(s) will be before and after picture.  Enjoy!

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

ozziemoparnut

pettybird

at least you did a nice job ruining it! 

I think I would have put "incorrect" white decals on the car with that white interior. 

stellar work. 

hotrod98

You did a great job. The car looks fantastic.
Now it's back to being a normal, somewhat common Superbird. I never thought that I would look at the photos and prefer the "before" better.
Maybe I'll paint my wife's clone to look like this car did before the resto.
Who would like to see me do just that?
Maybe MCG would do an article on our cloner.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteMaybe I'll paint my wife's clone to look like this car did before the resto.
Who would like to see me do just that?

that would be cool .  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

You never know, maybe you'll start a whole new trend in clones and become a feature article in MCG.  :shruggy:

billssuperbird

hemigeno

Man, that turned out AWESOME, Justin!

Maybe the boss will let you keep it in your garage seeing as how cramped for space y'all are around there   :lol:

BB1

Superb, best thing to happen to that bird in years. Your a true craftsman.  :drool5: :drool5:

Keep the clown car paint job it had back in the past where it belongs.

Canceled my subscription to MCG too.  :2thumbs:
Delete my profile

superbirdtom

Should i restore my bird back to yellow or keep it the black ice heavy metal bird???  I am torn as I have many pics of the band and the car.  I am stripping it down right now.  that guy did a nice  job on the 70's bird.

moparstuart

Quote from: superbirdtom on July 02, 2009, 11:34:43 AM
Should i restore my bird back to yellow or keep it the black ice heavy metal bird???  I am torn as I have many pics of the band and the car.  I am stripping it down right now.  that guy did a nice  job on the 70's bird.
if you were going to keep it I would say restore it as black ice , but seeing as your selling it I would keep going back to yellow as you planned .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Magnumcharger

I don't care what the naysayers have said, that car NEEDED to be restored, and it's a darn good thing that it was YOU that did it!!
I heartily applaud your efforts!!
Keep up the good work!! :2thumbs:
Robin

nakita7

Thank you.

I think Chrysler built them right the first time....

GL#10

Corndog

Great Work as always  ,i hear it runs out pretty good too ,     now i expect the same level of work on the Fall Guy mid engine stunt truck !!.

K.c