News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70's Era 'Bird Resto...... (!!FINISHED!!)

Started by CornDogsCharger, April 23, 2008, 09:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbirdtom

I THINK YOUR RIGHT . I AM GOING TO DO THE YELLOW STEEL WHEELS WITH THE DOG DISH CAPS AND CHROME TRIM RINGS. I AM GOING TO GO TO STOCKTON WHEEL AND GET THEM TO MAKE ME SOME 10 INCH WIDE REAR AND 9 INCHERS FOR THE FRONT. I WILL MAKE ME A BLACK ICE CLONE WITH ALL KINDS OF GOODIES LIKE A 6 SPEED TRANNY ,MAGNUM FORCE FRONT END ,BAER 4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES, ETC ETC.

IT WILL BE NICE TO GET THIS THING BACK TO STOCK LIKE THE CORNDOG BIRD. THEY DID A REAL NICE JOB ON IT FOR SURE. AND HECK THEY HAVE LOTSA PICS OF IT IN ITS 70.S SUIT. I WILL GIVE A BLACK ICE ALBUM AND POSTER TO THE NEW OWNER. YOU GUYS SURE HAVE FUN DOWN THERE GOING TO ALL THE CAR SHOWS AND SUCH.   SOMEDAY I WILL BE RETIRED THEN GO TO THE NATIONALS LIKE IVE ALWAYS DREAMED.

Ghoste

Will you drive down?  (because that would be an amazing tour)

mikepmcs

Quote from: superbirdtom on July 04, 2009, 11:35:14 AM

IT WILL BE NICE TO GET THIS THING BACK TO STOCK LIKE THE CORNDOG BIRD.

Hey Justin, I think you have arrived, sir! You are famous. Congratulations.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

4spdwing

Beautiful Job Justin. Are you bringing this cat to Carlisle. I would love to see it in person?  Did you paint any of the white interior pieces? If so what paint did you use? I want to freshen up my white interior. Thanks Tom
440 4bbl 4spd Superbird  383 Auto Dart GTSport

CornDogsCharger

The owner of the car does not plan on taking the car to Carlisle.  He went there last year but didn't take a car.  He was hunting parts for this car.  Every interior piece was painted.  Back in the day the interior was repainted white.  Luckily, they left the back seat in place allowing the rear portion of the upper door panel to be untouched.  The original paint was scanned.  When we painted it, we used base/clear with a flat clear to give it the correct shine.  I need to get better pictures of the interior.  Please over look the Camry floormat... it was temporary.   :lol:

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

4spdwing

Ok thank you. Did you use the W 1 color also. Just with the flat clear. Again very nice job. Looking forward to the pics of the other one. Thanks Tom
440 4bbl 4spd Superbird  383 Auto Dart GTSport

superbirdtom

Quote from: Ghoste on July 04, 2009, 11:39:56 AM
Will you drive down?  (because that would be an amazing tour)

you bet i will drive down. the longest trip I ever went on was to hot august nights in reno about 6 years ago  lotsa fun. i was stopped by the cops just so they cold talk to me about the car. i am sure im not the first superbird owner to have that happen to.

Hemi_tyme

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

wingcarenvy

Good job Justin. I saw this car when it was for sale on ebay and I passed because of the the price tag, 90k IIRC. It was rough and you have done it a great favor. It could have been driven and enjoyed the way it was (a snapshot of a time gone by) but in reality it was pretty rough. MCG can take their opinion and shove it. Who are they to try and steer people in a direction that they think the hobby should go? I let their subscription lapse just like Popular Hot Rodding. 

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70moparman

I LIKED the 70s Paint on the nose cone and the 1 of 1 look, reminds me of Richard Petty   :icon_smile_cool: However, with this actual car I do believe you made the right choice in restoring it to its formar glory, the car looks killer...  I still wish the dude with the FC7 Hemi Cuda convertible would of left his cool as 70s paintjob on his car though... :slap: :Twocents:

mauve66

i know it needed work but returning the 70's style paint job would of been astounding, now its just another orange bird, more than i'll ever have but still not as cool in my book, but still glad you saved it anyway :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

looking for another project............................ :icon_smile_cool:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

70moparman

It did look cool... But that back could of been better done as far as Im concerned...  Just leaving the wing and back tail light panel orange was not that good looking  :Twocents: , But that nosecone...   :drool5:  I loved it... 

Just another EV2 Superbird??!!  What?!

I do understand where your comming from though, a nice guy in our club turned a really neat looking 70 bird back into its original EV2 paint, the car looks great (It really does!)  But when I saw the previous pics of what he started with, my heart sank, thats one I would of left alone!!  Of course I would drive it either way, but that car looked SOOOOO GOOOOOD with its 70s paint job and side pipes  :yesnod:

mauve66

Quote from: 70moparman on January 16, 2013, 10:48:42 AM
It did look cool... But that back could of been better done as far as Im concerned...  Just leaving the wing and back tail light panel orange was not that good looking  :Twocents: , But that nosecone...   :drool5:  I loved it... 

Just another EV2 Superbird??!!  What?!

I do understand where your comming from though, a nice guy in our club turned a really neat looking 70 bird back into its original EV2 paint, the car looks great (It really does!)  But when I saw the previous pics of what he started with, my heart sank, thats one I would of left alone!!  Of course I would drive it either way, but that car looked SOOOOO GOOOOOD with its 70s paint job and side pipes  :yesnod:

that's too funny, i liked your original and you liked his!! to me his was too much and not "connected/flowing", oh to have the money to get what we want WHEN we want it............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment