News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona wing brackets, I have a price quote.

Started by hotrod98, August 25, 2005, 04:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

For all of you guys planning to build a Daytona clone now or in the future. I just got word from the fab shop. If I order 10 sets of wing brackets, they will cut all of the holes and break them for $55.00 per set inc. tax. I will weld them myself at no charge and spray them with DP40 epoxy primer at no charge. All I want is my cost on the parts plus the actual shipping costs. Like I said before, I'm not interested in making a profit. Since I was needing two sets for the two cars that I'm building, I figure that this will save me enough to compensate me for my effort.
Janek has them for $138.00 per set plus shipping. That would put theirs at approx. $150 shipped. This way they will cost each of us about $65 or $70  inc shipping. About half the price.
I have 6 sets spoken for at this point and would like to sell the other 4 sets.
This is a top of the line fab shop and I trust that they will be correct. This company builds red cross emergency catering type trucks and they do commercial aircraft conversions.
Contact me if you want a set and I'll get the ball rolling.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hotrod98

thallium,
Here's a pic of a set installed. What you can't see is a wing washer at the top of the bracket sandwiched between the brackets and the quarter panel. The set that I'm having built has 6 pieces. Two vertical braces, two angled braces and two tabs that mount the brace assembly to the floor. No bolts. They can be moved around so that even if your studs weren't installed perfectly, these will still fit. You just assemble them loosely, bolt them to the wing studs, tighten the bolts where the braces meet, adjust the lower bracket to where it meets the floor, mark it, drill the holes and bolt it in. They're being built to be identical to the set that bigblocksam sent me. His look identical to all of the sets that I've seen. Even the holes will be in the same places. You can get a good idea as to what they look like by visiting Janek's web site at www.wingedwarriorbodyparts.com

Charles Addams

thallium

well, I'm in.  At that price I can't go wrong.    I have to laugh though. You got your brackets from Rene. I'm getting a copy of the brackets from you.   I got my wing from Dane. You got your wing from Dane.   It's like a little daytona mafia family.   :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

I was thinking the same thing. This site seems to create these little groups which is a very good thing. The info shared here is priceless.
I've been thinking about how we need to support this site to prevent it's loss. When the site was down for a little while last night I realized what you guys must have gone through when the previous site was lost.
As for the parts thing, my feeling is that Dane helped me and I felt that I should pay it forward. My hope is that we create these clones to show people what the winged cars are all about. The general public seldom sees the real thing since there are so few left and even those are not driven or displayed very often due to their increasing value. I began to realize that the clones were being accepted when some of the owners of the real cars started to get interested in owning clones of their own cars. How cool is that?

The thing that I failed to mention earlier is that these braces only use two of the four studs on each side so alignment is not as critical.
I'll contact you in a few days regarding the braces.

Charles Addams

Old Moparz

Hotrod,

I sent you an answer to your PM, but if you miss it, count me in too.

Thanks for doing this, it's appreciated.  :thumbs:

Bob
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BigBlockSam

hi guys
  it's very cool that we all help each other thallium  has given me valable info. to help me with my daytona and alot of other guys thank you all . this is a nice thing larry is doing . there s alot of good people on this board. that's why it's a special place. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

triple_green

I'm in.

Email me with the address to send the MO.

Mark
mtdouglass@att.net
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

jodaddy1

email me with the address for $$ or paypal if you take it!!!  I need a set too!!!!

Joe

hotrod98

I just wanted to tell everyone that the order has been turned in and I didn't order any extra sets.
Everyone that has contacted me prior to this date will get a set as promised.
I had thought about ordering extra sets, but decided that if no one else wanted them that I would have $ invested in parts sitting around gathering dust.
I think I'm just as anxious to get the parts finished as everyone else even though I haven't even started on my clone yet.
I'll take some pics of the braces when they arrive from the fab shop and then take some pics of them at the welding stage and the painting stage.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

Great job, the only way parts like this gets done is out of a labor of love.Please contact me ill powder coat those parts for you in semi-gloss black . your wasting your time with any other coating  Larry Odonnell @ 609-315-2230

daytonalo

I want a set with no paint. Call me@ 609-315-2230

Larry O'donnell

hotrod98

They weren't powdercoated in 1969. Just the same, I didn't charge anything for the epoxy priming or the semi gloss urethane on this batch so if you're offering to do them for free, I'll give you a call when we do another batch. We do appreciate it when people make such generous offers. :yesnod:

Charles Addams