News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone got a hot tip on removing overspray from glass?

Started by 253862656971, May 05, 2008, 07:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evidently I didn't tape off my windows as well as I though I did and some overspray got on all my windows.  I tried using paint thinner but all this seems to do is smeer what's on there and makes the window look foggy.  So anyone got any tips for getting this stuff off?
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

BMOTOXSTAR

I did razor blade and a small amount of brake fluid on a rag.  :Twocents:
Have a spray bottle of water and detergent and a clean cloth  for directly after the blade and fluid. That is what I did, just make sure as hell that you throw the rags away right after and do not get that fluid near any paint.
:cheers:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Shakey

onebadmopar

wet glass down with glaass cleaner and use a razor blade

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Dave22443

:iagree:

Some Windex and a good razor blade is all thats needed.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

TruckDriver

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 05, 2008, 08:07:44 PM
New razor blade and 0000 (ultra fine) steel wool

I use the ultra fine steel wool if there is a lot of it. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

resq302

Depending on how much over spray you got on there, you could use a clay bar and lubricant to get it off.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Back N Black

Goodz

Quote from: Dave22443 on May 05, 2008, 08:18:16 PM
:iagree:

Some Windex and a good razor blade is all thats needed.

This owrked on one my older cars after painting.  Try it out.  Should work for you too.  :cheers:
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."

When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

bill440rt

FWIW, I would NEVER use brake fluid, thinner, etc on glass with a freshly painted car. Too much risk of error, a disaster waiting to happen.
Glass cleaner with a razor blade or 0000 steel wool is all you need. It will come right off. Use a very mild polish on the glass when you're through.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: bill440rt on May 07, 2008, 08:06:04 AM
FWIW, I would NEVER use brake fluid, thinner, etc on glass with a freshly painted car. Too much risk of error, a disaster waiting to happen.
Glass cleaner with a razor blade or 0000 steel wool is all you need. It will come right off. Use a very mild polish on the glass when you're through.
:Twocents:

Yeah, If your name is Shakey or Corky. Keep a steady hand and take your time with the fluids bro'. The brake fluid works like majic. :Twocents:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT