News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Daytona is done and ready for some shows

Started by Daytona Guy, May 07, 2008, 01:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Blown70

I love the wheels, sorry I do not like smaill rim FAT tire..... Although I respect that some people have that preference.  I like 17-19 inch wheels on a Charger.... again my preference.

Although my 70 may be running drag tires.... soo I will have one of each.

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on May 07, 2008, 07:29:08 PM
i'm not gonna rush it shooting for september at the latest maybe sooner

You have to go to Branson in August. We're expecting you to hang out with us mopar guys.
No pressure....hurry.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 07, 2008, 08:55:15 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 07, 2008, 07:29:08 PM
i'm not gonna rush it shooting for september at the latest maybe sooner

You have to go to Branson in August. We're expecting you to hang out with us mopar guys.
No pressure....hurry.  ;D
I have more cars LOL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ChgrSteve67

Congradulations!

Looks Frickin awesome !!!

daytonakid

Dane is this the charger you bought from me? Bill
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

Daytona Guy

Quote from: daytonakid on May 07, 2008, 11:31:26 PM
Dane is this the charger you bought from me? Bill

No - I wish. Just redid my yellow one. That one will be next in line. I have to deside what color scheme.

hotrod98

Selecting the color can be the most difficult part. I'm going through that right now with my daytona clone project. The car is a real triple black R/T SE. I've always wanted a red daytona, but somehow it doesn't feel right changing the color and not going back black. The worst thing is that living in the south makes black a bad choice due to the oppressive heat in late summer. The heat is so bad that you probably wouldn't even be able to drive the car if it were black. This is a moral dilemma for me. The plug and deck lid are completed and I'm working on the nose assembly now, so the car is only a couple of weeks away from going into the booth.  :scratchchin:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 08, 2008, 12:20:04 AM
Selecting the color can be the most difficult part. I'm going through that right now with my daytona clone project. The car is a real triple black R/T SE. I've always wanted a red daytona, but somehow it doesn't feel right changing the color and not going back black. The worst thing is that living in the south makes black a bad choice due to the oppressive heat in late summer. The heat is so bad that you probably wouldn't even be able to drive the car if it were black. This is a moral dilemma for me. The plug and deck lid are completed and I'm working on the nose assembly now, so the car is only a couple of weeks away from going into the booth.  :scratchchin:
awesome your working fast

Daytona Guy

Red may not make that much diff - it gets hot too. I was thinking of Sassy Grass Green - ??? not sure... I might just go Red again. I do not like white, Petty blue, faded yellow, any metallic's so what am I left with??? - Not much. I might do a Hemi Orange one. Not sure on that because I think that looks like a faded oxidized red.

If I went with a Sassy Grass Green I would keep the green wing (do not like black wings and a white wing I question on that color) and paint the stripe over the green in a custom Sassy Grass Green Pearl. It would be subtle. All with a light doeskin interior - All thoughts.

moparstuart

hotrod98

Dane, with all of the daytonas that you've built, I can see where it would be getting difficult to decide on a color. Since this is my first one, I really wanted to stay with a color that was available on a 69 Daytona. Or at least a close facsimile of an original color. We've decided to paint my wife's superbird clone tor-red (hemi orange) instead of limelight. We already have one limelight car. So that leaves out hemi orange for the daytona. We had a challenger convert that was vitamin c orange and I didn't care for that color much.
Since you've gone the red route at least a couple of times, I would think that you would want something different just so that people don't think that it's the same old car that you always had.
If I didn't go red or black, hemi orange would be my third choice. I've been experimenting with the hemi orange color by leaving the metallic out and I like the way that it looks. Now that I think of it, I kind of wished that I hadn't talked my wife into switching from limelight to hemi orange on her bird.  :scratchchin:

Quote from: moparstuart on May 08, 2008, 08:25:44 AM

Stuart, when I removed the back glass to reseal it, I couldn't help myself. Having all of the daytona parts lying near the car didn't help either. I decided right then and there to go ahead with the conversion. I tend to make decisions that way. I plan to have the car at Branson. That's why I was hoping that you would have the motor replaced in the bird by then.  ;D

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 08, 2008, 10:55:49 AM
Dane, with all of the daytonas that you've built, I can see where it would be getting difficult to decide on a color. Since this is my first one, I really wanted to stay with a color that was available on a 69 Daytona. Or at least a close facsimile of an original color. We've decided to paint my wife's superbird clone tor-red (hemi orange) instead of limelight. We already have one limelight car. So that leaves out hemi orange for the daytona. We had a challenger convert that was vitamin c orange and I didn't care for that color much.
Since you've gone the red route at least a couple of times, I would think that you would want something different just so that people don't think that it's the same old car that you always had.
If I didn't go red or black, hemi orange would be my third choice. I've been experimenting with the hemi orange color by leaving the metallic out and I like the way that it looks. Now that I think of it, I kind of wished that I hadn't talked my wife into switching from limelight to hemi orange on her bird.  :scratchchin:

Quote from: moparstuart on May 08, 2008, 08:25:44 AM

Stuart, when I removed the back glass to reseal it, I couldn't help myself. Having all of the daytona parts lying near the car didn't help either. I decided right then and there to go ahead with the conversion. I tend to make decisions that way. I plan to have the car at Branson. That's why I was hoping that you would have the motor replaced in the bird by then.  ;D
well i guess i will step up the work on motor hunt / decision to build my HP block needing bore'd
?

daytonakid

Dane, You're engine compartment looks awesome. Bill

Charger1973

Awesome dude..    do the next one in Panther Pink.   :D

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Charger1973 on May 09, 2008, 01:43:48 AM
Awesome dude..    do the next one in Panther Pink.   :D

Not a chance. This is a MAN's car! Ha ha  :icon_smile_big:. It's going to be my wife's car and she did not even want it panther pink. I never wore a pink shirt or a pink nit tie  :rofl: in my entire life, and I will not start with a car.  :o

Daytona Guy

Quote from: daytonakid on May 09, 2008, 12:53:47 AM
Dane, You're engine compartment looks awesome. Bill

Thanks Bill - Any car shows up in Portland anytime soon? I'm going to Muscle Beach June 14th - It better not rain.

daytonakid

Dane The R/T club has their show may 18th at the camas les schwab. I'll have my twin chargers there. You should come. Bill

Daytona Guy

Quote from: daytonakid on May 10, 2008, 01:27:37 AM
Dane The R/T club has their show may 18th at the camas les schwab. I'll have my twin chargers there. You should come. Bill

It is our anniversary and we will be in Hawaii – leaving May 13th be back 24th. Aloha -

hotrod98

Charles Addams

PocketThunder

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 10, 2008, 01:41:20 PM
Happy anniversary.  :cheers:

:cheers:

What the secret to a happy marriage.?? 

When i was engaged to be married seven years ago sitting in the lunchroom at work, the oldest guy in the company at work looked me straight in the eye and said, "The secret to a happy marriage is two TV's, one upstairs, and one downstairs".   

After being married for 3 months i realized what he meant..  :brickwall:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

QuoteWhat the secret to a happy marriage.??   

loysa little daytona's    :rofl:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

The70RT

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 10, 2008, 11:47:23 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on May 10, 2008, 01:41:20 PM
Happy anniversary.  :cheers:

:cheers:

What the secret to a happy marriage.?? 

When i was engaged to be married seven years ago sitting in the lunchroom at work, the oldest guy in the company at work looked me straight in the eye and said, "The secret to a happy marriage is two TV's, one upstairs, and one downstairs".   

After being married for 3 months i realized what he meant..  :brickwall:

The bottom line is you find a lady interested in cars or ya don't. You get her car done first also :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

daytonalo

Chris Rock said it best , DO YOU KNOW WHY YOU PAY FOR A HOOKER ??? SO THEY F***IN LEAVE WHEN YOUR DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!