News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger 500 in montana craigslist for 45k

Started by petercharger, May 11, 2008, 11:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bug shield C500

Will have origanel picture scanned in soon. going to try to load more picutures of the car but computer is acting up.
1969 charger 500 bugshield addition
1970 cuda 446-6 hole in the hood
1973 charger se 400
1973 sportman van 12 passanger (wife hates this one)

Bug shield C500

1973 charger se 400

Bug shield C500

1973 charger se 400

Bug shield C500

More pics tomorrow. computer running too slow

1973 charger se 400

tan top

good story & pictures  on the  C500  ....... :popcrn:    thanks for posting them  ( Bug Shield ), would love to see the other pictures  :drool5: :popcrn: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Awesome  love that you are keeping it as original as possible.  Just cleaning it up and driving it is great !    Keep the bug shield too!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Bug shield C500

quick shot of the garage I pulled it out of. also check out the gravel roads. Nothing but gravel roads for miles. They sent us a different way out from getting to their place and the gravel roads seamed to never end. Stop sigh, 4-way intersections, you name it all gravel roads. Basically in that area if it's not the main road it's a gravel road. Stopped a passing truck to ask if there was any assfault close by that resembled a road. She  :lol: and said just another few miles down. I am surprised the charger still has a suspension under it. I had to check the Suburban once we stopped for gas.
1973 charger se 400

Bug shield C500

A little mouse smelling inside. may have to replace carpet to help get rid of the oder. lots of cleaning coming this cars way
1973 charger se 400

Bug shield C500

Passanger lower quarter just has a little gravel road rash. (no rust) Drivers lower quarter forward side is the same way but the rear part with the dent has the only rust on the car. I want to fix it but that means removing that part of the stripe. It must of been dealer installed since this is a Stripe delete car per the window sticker.
1973 charger se 400

Bug shield C500

Gotta go to work. more pics (computer willing) later. :icon_smile_big:
1973 charger se 400

PocketThunder

Quote from: Bug shield C500 on June 26, 2008, 09:40:09 AM
Passanger lower quarter just has a little gravel road rash. (no rust) Drivers lower quarter forward side is the same way but the rear part with the dent has the only rust on the car. I want to fix it but that means removing that part of the stripe. It must of been dealer installed since this is a Stripe delete car per the window sticker.

All C500 cars were ordered stripe delete.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 26, 2008, 11:25:56 AM
Quote from: Bug shield C500 on June 26, 2008, 09:40:09 AM

All C500 cars were ordered stripe delete.
I know because they started life as and R/T they didnt want the build sheet to be coded to put on an R/T stripe at the factory . But would the dealer window sticker be coded stripe delete on all the cars ???????????

hotrod98

I thought that the stripe delete cars automatically received the R/T quarter panel emblems. That would have left holes in the quarters.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemigeno

Yep, the window stickers would reflect how the car was built at Hamtramck - which was sans stripe.  Under normal conditions, a V88 R/T would have received the cast emblems on the quarterpanel, and several C500s and Daytonas have evidence of a patch job over the peg holes. 

Creative's guys would have had more work to do if they had to remove either a stripe or the emblems so "Plan A" was to have neither of these obstacles in the way when C.I. got the cars.  The car's status with A11 on the fender tag was "supposed" to tell the line workers to leave the emblems off too.  That worked at least some of the time...   :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on June 26, 2008, 12:12:35 PM
Yep, the window stickers would reflect how the car was built at Hamtramck - which was sans stripe.  Under normal conditions, a V88 R/T would have received the cast emblems on the quarterpanel, and several C500s and Daytonas have evidence of a patch job over the peg holes. 

Creative's guys would have had more work to do if they had to remove either a stripe or the emblems so "Plan A" was to have neither of these obstacles in the way when C.I. got the cars.  The car's status with A11 on the fender tag was "supposed" to tell the line workers to leave the emblems off too.  That worked at least some of the time...   :lol:

thanks for clearing that up     

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hergfest

You going to have the car at the Salem or Woodburn show?

Bug shield C500

Yes I hope to take it to at least the Woodburn show, maybe both. Push pull or drag.. but hopefully :vert:

Just had to see what it would look like without the bugshield.  :whistling: I will put it back on for the show :scratchchin:. It is a piece of history for the car that I will keep with it. just maybe hanging on the wall most of the time.
1973 charger se 400

Bug shield C500

bug shield, no bug shield :scratchchin:
1973 charger se 400

hemi68charger

Sweet Bug..........
Nice lookin' C500..........  :2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: Bug shield C500 on June 27, 2008, 08:52:38 AM
bug shield, no bug shield :scratchchin:
Leave the shield at least its a great conversation piece.   

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 27, 2008, 09:08:13 AM
who makes the bug shield?
thinking of getting you one for the hill side  ?    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

How are the rubber trim pieces that go on the grille extensions? And is that a 1976 plate I spy on the front of the car? Resembles the one on the front of my 500. My car was in Montana as well. Well off the main highways as well. Had been parked since 1976. I purchased it in July of 2004.

The stripe would have been "factory" well at least installed by Creative Industries. I would love to see the old pictures to see if the bezels have always been body color as they are now. I would be willing to bet money that they never were painted stripe color like they were supposed to be.