News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Radio Antenna - Round or Oval?

Started by Birdflu, June 12, 2018, 11:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdflu

Ok guys, having been fortunate enough to have owned two Superbirds over the years, I have a question. Does the bird have or use a special radio antenna? The car I previously owned AND the car I now own, had/have an oval shaped radio antenna...including the tip as you can see. No other 68-71 Mopars in our stable have an oval or 'flattened' antenna, they are ALL round. It's known that the factory, back when these cars were built, may have sourced from different vendors. I'm just curious how many other original Superbirds out there have oval shaped antennas???

DoubleDlover

GM used oval antennas on many of there cars. They look just like the one in your pic. My 66 goat has that. Most older pontiacs have them. And many chevys.

Mopar John

My vote is for a round telescoping mast antenna for your bird.
MJ

talkiemopar

I bought my bird new and it has a round tip. :2thumbs: :cheers:  Rick.

farm966

I assumed the 200 mph plus speeds of the Superbird would have warped the normally round antenna into an oval shape therefore reducing drag at said speeds.  :smilielol:

Mopar John

Gary,
I am happy that you were in town visiting a mutual friend and had the time to stop by.
It was great to show you the wing cars and the antenna on the Superbird that I looked at for my reply to your question!

MJ

Birdflu

Thanks again for taking the time out of your day to show us your cars...it was greatly appreciated!  :cheers:

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?