News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Prayer Request

Started by Hemi_tyme, May 14, 2008, 10:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemi_tyme

A friend that regulars on the DSAC board, Joe Ward who goes by Spinner on style and as Wingfan here on the areo form
is in pretty bad shape. He went to the hospital with stomach ailments last
week and has gone down hill rapidly. He has been diagnosed with Liver Cancer
and the Doctors say he probably doesn't have very much time left. Those of
you that pray, we request your prayers and those of you that don't, we
request your well hope and well wishes.

Thanks, Ken and also Joe's Family & Friends

Here's a picture of Joe a few months ago taking apart his bird for it's restoration at the shop.

MoParMetal

i don't pray much, but i will keep him in my thoughts.

I hate to see anyone go into a hospital.
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

The70RT

God Bless. I hope for the best if it can be achieved. Prayers are coming.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hotrod98

It just doesn't seem fair...

My prayers are with him and his family.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Fitz73Chrgr

He will be in my prayers. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

hemi68charger

Man oh Man............... This is sad.........  :(        My prayers and thoughts to him and his......................

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

notabird

will keep him and his family in my prayers. brent

moparstuart

our family will pray for him also

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemigeno

Wow, VERY sorry to hear about that.  I've met Joe now twice at the MonsterMopar show, and he is a super guy.

Thank you for letting us know, Ken.  Prayer changes things.

Troy

Man, that's terrible news. I met him at Monster Mopar as well.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mopurr

Healing & Soothing Thoughts & prayers to Joe & his family at this very trying time.

BigBlockSam

that sucks , he looks like a nice guy . he is in our thoughts.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69bronzeT5

I hope he gets better. My thoughts are with him :angel:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

Goodz

I dont really pray, but I hope and wish he gets better soon.  Keep us posted on how he is doing.
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."

69_500

Here to hoping for a speedy turn around and recovery. Prayers are going out from the Liebrandt Household for his entire family, as they cope with this medical hardship.

71ChallengeHer

My prayers are with him and his family. :angel:

rav440

our prayers are with him and his family
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Hemi_tyme

I just got an update and they are moving Joe over to a different Hospital to evaluate him for a liver transplant. So thats good news (or at least better news)!!

472 R/T SE

They didn't think I was gonna wake up couple summers ago when I went down so I can attest to the power of prayer.

I don't know him but if he's a friend of yours he must be an A OK dude.  Prayers and thoughts out to Mr. Ward and his family.  :angelwing:

hotrod98

Quote from: Hemi_tyme on May 15, 2008, 09:31:05 PM
I just got an update and they are moving Joe over to a different Hospital to evaluate him for a liver transplant. So thats good news (or at least better news)!!

That's great news. At least we have hope. We're thinking about him and praying for him every day. I e-mailed him yesterday even though I didn't think he would get to read it. I told him that I pray for a cure for my wife's alzheimer's every night and that starting that night I would add a special request in there for him. I'm not deeply religious but I've seen miracles happen before.

Charles Addams

RAC95054

I'm haven't done much praying in the last 20 years, but they are certainly with Joe and his family now.  I know how difficult of a time this can be, and I'm sure they can use all the support they can get.  God bless.
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

Charger-Bodie

Praying for the best.  :angel:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

billssuperbird

my prayer is with them.

Hemi_tyme

Update on Joe - He was moved to a new hospital on Friday night. The Liver Doctor there has ordered a slew of new tests, he is thinking that maybe the liver is not failing, but something else causing the same effect. The results of these tests will not be in until tomorrow. He is still in very serious condition, but is holding is own for now. Will keep you upated.
Ken

MoParMetal

thats sort of good news right?
he's gotta be RAM tough!
looking for another one

GeneralLeeTESH

The Tesh WILL pray for him. JC came down here for aholes like me-and i KNOW I AM at the top of THAT list. This last 3 months ago- I LOST my eyesight from vitreal bleeding in my eyes. This is caused by the Diabetes I have had for 27 yrs (since my Army days-I got 4 Fed on a medical cuz of it)-the tiny blood vessels bleed into the vitreous juice in my eyes. This fills the eye with blood and within MINUTES of bleeding-you are BLIND. Folks and me PRAYED for a miracle. It happened. The doc believes in drinking 1 10 oz glass of red wine 3 days/week to clear up ANY ailment. I now drink MERLOT. My eyes are 100% restored. Tell him to pray and drink RED WINE-NOW !!! Jesus did...and when he ran out-HE MADE M O R E  !!!!! :cheers:
The TESH

Brock Samson

I don't think miracles are all that rare and i do and will continue to pray.  :yesnod:
here's another beliver in Joes corner.  :2thumbs:

mally69

hotrod98

Still thinking about him and still praying. I hope they moved him to UAMS. Some of the best doctors in the world are right there at UAMS.

Charles Addams

moparnutty

My prayers go out to Joe. He's a nice guy.

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 18, 2008, 08:56:59 PM
Still thinking about him and still praying. I hope they moved him to UAMS. Some of the best doctors in the world are right there at UAMS.
Yes that's where Joe was moved to UAMS. Now he has the best doctors.
Ken

Daytona Guy

Hemi_tyme

With a heavy heart. I'm sad to say Joe passed away at 2 am this morning.
RIP brother.
Ken

notabird

Our prayers go out to his family,Brent.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I'll miss talking to him. Our conversations centered around the wingcars mostly. I keep thinking about how we grew up in the same city and yet never got the chance to share stories of our youth. I regret that. Rest in peace my friend.

Charles Addams

Mopurr

Sending Heartfelt sympathy to his family, May he be at peace.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemigeno

Very sorry to hear that, Ken.  No doubt, he was one of the good guys in the hobby and a great all around person.

He will be (and already is) missed.

MoParMetal

no way...dude...hope he's driving the bird up in mopar heaven.
looking for another one

mikepmcs

My heart goes out to the family.  Very sorry to hear this.
Live everyday like it's your last and be kind to everyone.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

talkiemopar

Deep sympathy to Joes family.  I believe I met him at a meet.  Sherry's brother died in November with cancer 7 days after diagnoses.  It's very hard on the family and we wish them peace.  We know that our loved ones are always with us, its not just faith, it is a fact.

Joe is with us still. He's just more of an observer than a full participant. We take comfort in this whenever we have lost a loved one, family or friend.

Rick and Sherry

Aero426

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this.   I've been away for a few days.   

moparnutty

So very sorry.He was a great guy.

The70RT

Wow. I guess you never know how fast you will go. God Bless.  :'(
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WINGR

Although I did not have the pleasure of knowing Joe, listening to y'all he sounds like a great guy. Our prayers are with his family and friends. God Bless

WINGR

RAC95054

Quote from: WINGR on May 23, 2008, 08:08:23 AM
Although I did not have the pleasure of knowing Joe, listening to y'all he sounds like a great guy. Our prayers are with his family and friends. God Bless

WINGR

My thoughts exactly.  May his family always remember the good times.
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

69bronzeT5

I'm so sorry to hear that. Is his Bird done? If not, I hope his family decides to keep it and finish it in his honor. My thoughts are with his family.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic