News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

408 Combo's

Started by Challenger340, May 15, 2008, 12:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

A Bunch 'O 408 Combos.

360 Block
SCAT 4" Crank
I-Beam Rods
Wiseco Flat-Tops
Main Studs
Girdle
7 Qt Pan

Gonna post a couple of different Dyno Sheets, done so many of these now, with all having basically the same Bottom end as noted above.
The only things I'll change, are that I'll post the top half combo and Camshaft(reasonable facsimile), Compression Ratio, Intake & Carb.

Range is 525 H.P /Eddy's & Pump Fuel   to   594 H.P INDY Flat Tappet/ Pump Fuel.

Stay tuned.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Steve P.

Still tuning in Bob....  :popcrn:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Challenger340

yeah, I gotta get on this again, stay tuned Steve.

Sorry, I been busy building my new Shop facility in B.C.,  targeting "move in" Mid July !  :cheers:

Pics to follow, I'll "walk to work".

Geez, I thought I had a new "best" 408, Flat-Tappet Solid 408, came in at 615 H.P. @ 6400, but alas, it's got some slight detonation on straight "pump gas", too bad.
Being on the "edge of detonation" makes great power,
But,
It's still detonation, and don't qualify under the "pump gas" thing for me.

You guys ever read those "engine challenge" things ?

THOSE GUYS, are ALL detonating their Engines, on "pump gas" to get the numbers !
But they don't care, because it's just for the "SHOW" to hit the number !
The Engine only has to "live" for a weekend !

Poop !
It's back to the drawing board for me.
Still trying for a 600 H.P. 408 sb Flat Tappet, N/A, on PUMP fuel, reliably, that don't kill the bankbook  !

Steve P.

Damn Bob, I'd love to see that dyno chart......  How bad is the ping? Too much for a fatter set of gaskets?? A bit less timing?? Maybe a candidate for a pump gas/N02 racer??  What heads are you using and what comp. rat.??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Those Enginemaster builds are all using coated pistons and trick parts to make the "number" but like you said Bob....these are not "real world" street motors....just dyno mules.  ::)

Those are some pretty stout numbers for a 408  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Challenger340

Apologies fellas.
Ran into too numerous snags finishing new shop.
Up to my arse in alligators, very sorry, but I will get these sb combo's posted here by the Fall.

Bob out.

73 charger

i put a blueprintengine.com in my car.   408 dynoed at 389hp with 460 torque.
1973 Dodge Charger, "Big Blue", Petty Blue (TB3), 408 Stroker, 460 TQ, RPM Air Gap Dual Plane Intake #7577, Edelbrock 750 cfm Performer Carb #1411, Holley Fuel pump (110 gph), Edelbrock #8877 water pump, MSD #8388 pro-billet RTR distrib, Comp Cam 233I/240E, lobe sep 110 deg, Hayes Heavy-Duty Flexplate, TCI Breakaway Torque Converter-stall 2200-2400, TCI 727-Street Fighter, DTS Stainless Steel balanced drive shaft tube with 7290 u-joint/yoke, DTS 3:54 Dana 60, Trak-Lok posi-unit, MT Drag Radials

Dodgecharger74

I am thinking about putting Blue print 408in my 74 any problems?
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

73 charger

I had to have the oil pan recut to fit with my k frame!
1973 Dodge Charger, "Big Blue", Petty Blue (TB3), 408 Stroker, 460 TQ, RPM Air Gap Dual Plane Intake #7577, Edelbrock 750 cfm Performer Carb #1411, Holley Fuel pump (110 gph), Edelbrock #8877 water pump, MSD #8388 pro-billet RTR distrib, Comp Cam 233I/240E, lobe sep 110 deg, Hayes Heavy-Duty Flexplate, TCI Breakaway Torque Converter-stall 2200-2400, TCI 727-Street Fighter, DTS Stainless Steel balanced drive shaft tube with 7290 u-joint/yoke, DTS 3:54 Dana 60, Trak-Lok posi-unit, MT Drag Radials