News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SAN FRANCISCO as seen in BULLITT 1968 and 2007

Started by RDR838, May 26, 2008, 07:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDR838

I was asked to show the pictures I made at the Bullitt-filming-locations last year.

So I just translated what I wrote about each picture and uploaded it for you guys to check it out:

http://home.arcor.de/web-space/bullitt/english/

Please let me know what you think!

bye

RDR838

Just 6T9 CHGR

That's some great stuff right there!  Thanks for taking the time to document it. :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Hemidog

bsakal

69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

rusty lee

pretty cool to see the changes over 40 years. thanks for sharing.

Sinister68

-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

69*F5*SE

squeakfinder

Thats impressive! Thanks for putting that together. :2thumbs:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

evil1

Anytime I look at old pics, I always check out the cars in the background. These pics were cool because you can compare how the modern and old cars looked. The old ones look like works of art and the modern ones seem so clean and utilitarian. Thanks for sharing the pics.

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

SFRT

sometime this summer I'll have to take the charger out and recreate some shots around town. I'll bring lots of hubcaps.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bob Hanner

Chatt69chgr

I really appreciate the pictures.  Bullitt was one of my favorite movies.  When I first saw it and for several years I like the Mustang.  Now I like the Charger--------maybe because I have one.  I've been to SF but want to go back and trace the locations like you did.  I bet the people there kind of do a double take now when they see a black Charger cruising around.

John_Kunkel

Great pics!!! When viewing old/new photos it's amazing how much trees and other foliage effect the landscape.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Chris G.

TiMopar

That's excellent, many thanks. Looks like all the trees are doing real well....

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RECHRGD

Thanks for putting those shots together!  I remember sitting in a theater watching that movie with my new '68 R/T out in the parking lot.  When the movie let out some guys in a camaro tried to play like the mustang behind me.  Their mistake! :lol: :lol:  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

CB

super cool!  :2thumbs:
love all those views now and back then, thanks for your efforts and sharing your pictures.

1 question, tho, you said something like

''This is where the chase starts. Back in 1968 there was a car wash which is gone today but that didn't help the area to become better.
I made sure not to stay too long.''

Why is that?
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

RDR838

Thank you everybody for your comments! I had a lot of fun working on this project and being at the locations.

Quote from: CB on May 27, 2008, 12:43:58 PM
super cool!  :2thumbs:
love all those views now and back then, thanks for your efforts and sharing your pictures.

1 question, tho, you said something like

''This is where the chase starts. Back in 1968 there was a car wash which is gone today but that didn't help the area to become better.
I made sure not to stay too long.''

Why is that?
CB

Hum, well, me being a naive tourist had no idea about the area and this guy with his dog, his beard full of food left over from dinner and the smelly air around him, who wanted to know EXACTLY what I was doing there taking pictures of some intersection and if I was a spy or something... this guy scared me big time and left an impression. I actually don't know anything about the area, but I surely was happy when I had left.

I'll change the words however, I sure don't want anybody to be offended!

Thank you!

RDR838

Brock Samson

you did a great job for a tourist...
not sure why you didn't look me up though...  :shruggy:

RDR838

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 27, 2008, 07:12:04 PM
you did a great job for a tourist...
not sure why you didn't look me up though...  :shruggy:

Thanks, it actually was a great tour through the city, away from the busy places all the tourists are sent by their travel guide books!

Well, I didn't look you up because I didn't know where to look for you!  :icon_smile_big: I was at a carshow in Redwood City and met another boardmember there with his tripleblack '68 Charger but we didn't hear of any other cruise nights or smaller meetings at all in the SF area! We'll be back in SF in 2009 I guess, if there's carshows or cruise in's you'll be at, I'd love to see you and your Charger there!  :cheers:

CU!

RDR838