News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2008 dodge challengers on ebay, is this unreal or what?

Started by 69charger2002, June 10, 2008, 07:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger2002

not sure if it's flippers or dealers, i'm assuming half and half, but i can't believe there are already 42 auctions for 08 challenger SRT-8's on ebay. lotta people trying to capitalize on a buck while they are still "hot".. i think i'll wait until mid year 09 when the hype has worn off a little, and order a 6 speed manual.. etc.. i don't have to have one of the "rare" 6400, thank goodness.. my local dealership was kind enough to call and offer me one a while back.. for $53995.. how nice
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

HKCharger

what's funny is wait a few months and these same cars you will get under $39,000

Ghoste

I won't fell sorry for any of the flippers if they paid a "dealer special surcharge" and end up not being able to move the car.

charge-it

Our local Chrysler dealer is getting one and their other sister dealership is getting three. All sold except for one, and that ones going on ebay. The public will never get to see any of these cars on display, they`ve all been bought by collectors and being stashed away...
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

chargerboy69

A local Mopar guy here in town already received his new orange Challenger 2 days ago. I caught up with him driving it today. I took a few pictures of it with my camera phone, but they suck. That car sounds mean when he got on it.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

nakita7

I think you're right about them trying to capitalize. I guess not everyone has noticed that gas is going up and that in a short while the hype will fade.... :brickwall:

kidsixpack

Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 10, 2008, 07:30:27 PM
not sure if it's flippers or dealers, i'm assuming half and half, but i can't believe there are already 42 auctions for 08 challenger SRT-8's on ebay. lotta people trying to capitalize on a buck while they are still "hot".. i think i'll wait until mid year 09 when the hype has worn off a little, and order a 6 speed manual.. etc.. i don't have to have one of the "rare" 6400, thank goodness.. my local dealership was kind enough to call and offer me one a while back.. for $53995.. how nice
trav

I was watching the Shelby's real close when they came out and couldn't believe what people were getting.  I have a buddy that piad 15K over MSRP for three of them.  It's still kind of difficult to get a Shelby for sticker.  I think that the manufacturer shouldn't allow price gouding by the dealers.
KID
69 1/2 Super Bee V2 buckets console 4spd with radio delete.
1987 Grand National Low miles original
1989 TTA Low miles light mods
95 Lightning Light mods
95 Bronco Sport low miles Lifted light mods

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 10, 2008, 07:30:27 PM
trav

"Trying to capitalize on a buck while they are still hot ",no different than our Chargers,flippers,people dragging rotted basket cases out of the swamps ,etc .,and turning them over .I can't beleive some of the cars on e-bay that should not even be attempted at restoring,to far gone,just let them go.

Ghoste

Supply and demand except that if they really wanted to, Chrysler could supply a whole bunch more so in this case, its more like hype and glory.  Chrysler purposely limited demand because they knew damned well the dealers would put a huge gouge surcharge on the cars.  It has less to do with the amount of Challengers they could sell than it does being an expensive marketing coup to get people talking about Dodge and looking at the rest of the lineup.  The dealer overpriced limited production Challengers help to sell the four door family car that is built off of the same platform.

Big Lebowski

After the prices come down a little, my buddy might drive his sweet Black '70 Challenger R/T 440 auto (clone) to a Dodge dealership & talk about an equal trade for a new Challenger. Maybe? :shruggy:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."