News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SAN FRANCISCO as seen in BULLITT 1968 and 2007

Started by RDR838, May 26, 2008, 07:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

QuoteHum, well, me being a naive tourist had no idea about the area and this guy with his dog, his beard full of food left over from dinner and the smelly air around him, who wanted to know EXACTLY what I was doing there taking pictures of some intersection and if I was a spy or something... this guy scared me big time and left an impression. I actually don't know anything about the area, but I surely was happy when I had left.

I'll change the words however, I sure don't want anybody to be offended!

Thank you!

RDR838

Okay, thanks  ;)
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

gordo1968charger

great,i was humming the theme tune to bullitt while viewing.
thanks,i still need to see it All first hand though
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

dodgecharger-fan

That is truly enjoyable to flip through. Thanks very much for putting that together.

Charger_Fan

Wow, those are some really cool pics! Thanks for putting all those together. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

santacruzcharger

That is awesome!!  Thanks for sharing that, I can see that it took a lot of work.  How did you know where to go?  Very impressive.

SanDiego70RTSE

Gotta 68

This was cool, I liked what you did!  And, what a coincidence, this movie was on TV this past Monday afternoon!  I'll be goin' to SF this weekend.  No time for the self Bullit tour for me.  Mopar show in Fremont(East Bay) on Sun.  Then, it's up to SF.  Giants vs Mets series, Mon/Tues/Wed.  I'll only have extra time for some of the finer eating establishments and drinking joints town!

RDR838

Quote from: santacruzcharger on May 29, 2008, 02:10:45 PM
That is awesome!!  Thanks for sharing that, I can see that it took a lot of work.  How did you know where to go?  Very impressive.

There are a few sites on the internet - I googled "Bullitt locations" and found a great site from somebody called R.J. Smith - He did a very similar job years back so it was not me who had the idea first ;-)

Then I used google-maps to find out where I had to go. Generation Google...

I guess as soon as the Bullitt remake will be in the cinemas it'll be a lot harder to find information on the original movie on the internet! I really hope the flick will be rather cool at least...

Thanks for all your comments!

RDR838