News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Backing Plate - Same on both sides?

Started by snicker, October 16, 2005, 01:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snicker

I'm trying to get new backing plates on my 69 Charger rear end (10x2.5) and YearOne and Paddock are both sold out of the ride side backing plate and have them on back order. Does anyone know if there really is a difference between the left and right sdie plates?

I noticed Jim's Auto Parts (https://www.jimsautoparts.com/brake.htmv) has it lasted that the left and right side are the same.

John_Kunkel

The backing plate stampings are the same for both sides but the factory plates have the hole for the parking brake cable drilled in one end or the other depending on which side it's used on.

The plates from Jim's might have holes drilled in both sides with one hole plugged, that would make them interchangeable.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Mr_fixit

I've seen the newer ones with holes so they could be used for either side, then have a plug in the one that's not used.  If it were me I'd be drilling and plugging 1 backing plate.