News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 source products country of origin

Started by Ryan.C, December 18, 2013, 12:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan.C

What is the story on 440 Source products?
Are they all,some or not at all made in China?

There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Ghoste

As far as I know they are all made in China.  :shruggy:

Ryan.C

well if that is the case where do I find a set of alluminum heads made in America that resemble the 906
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Kern Dog

If stock apearing is you goal, it is the 440Source. Thats it.
My sources say that their heads are cast in Cheeena but assembled here.

Troy

All the other aluminum heads look like a solid block perched on top of your engine. Most of them aren't made here either as far as I know.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Challenger340

Quote from: Ghoste on December 19, 2013, 12:27:08 PM
I believe Edelbrock are.

I think a lot of people would like to know for sure ? or not ? about Edelbrock ?
As the story goes.... Government trade regulations have stipulations regarding a manufacturers use of "Made in America" being attached to products for sale in the continental U.S.A.
Don't quote me, just saying, being in the Parts resale business, I have heard that "percentages" are applicable, whereas, even if as low as 20-30% of total Raw Castings are still made in the U.S.A., the Manufacturer in this case Edelbrock, can still maintain the "Made in the U.S.A." logo on the entire total 100% of the Castings.... no matter that the other 70-80% are done offshore(China).
It was considered an incentive... a marketing "carrot"... a way to at least maintain "some" domestic manufacturing capacity before it was all gone.

Ever notice how MSD stuff mostly all says "Made in China" now ?  For awhile they hummed and hawed.... then caved and closed their last latin american injection molding contracts in Mexico.

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Ghoste

I know the percentage rule applies to most (or all) products but if it only takes 20% to qualify then Edelbrock have a lot of balls waving the flag the way they do because it seems to be one of their major marketing points.  :flame:

Cooter

Ain't nothin but people made in America anymore. Just buy what you want and have real Americans remachine them to US standards.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Troy

Quote from: Ghoste on December 19, 2013, 12:27:08 PM
I believe Edelbrock are.
Maybe. Unlikely. But the other half of what I answered makes that a moot point:

Quote from: Ryan.C on December 18, 2013, 02:01:53 PM
well if that is the case where do I find a set of alluminum heads made in America that resemble the 906

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Aero426