News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some quick rear end gearing advice please.

Started by MxRacer855, December 18, 2013, 06:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxRacer855

Quote from: Dino on December 19, 2013, 02:43:38 PM
Quote from: MxRacer855 on December 19, 2013, 01:44:16 PM
Thanks Dino. I guess since I have bigger rims and tires on my car as it is, I shouldn't have to worry about losing AS MUCH top speed in each gear as I could have. When the time comes to purchase rims and tires, I'm sure I'll inquire about it again. I just would like to find tires the same size or an inch or two taller to go on those 15"x10" rims I'm going to get. Hopefully they fit!

Jeff

If backspacing is 5 - 5.5", they will fit.  I wanted a 2" difference in height front to back, which is why I got the tires I did.  There are several tire combos I like but I prefer a rake.  Others like the same size everywhere like a 245 or 255 all around.  If I would install 15" rims they would have 235/60 on the front and 275/60 on the back to get the rake I like.  A 245/60 on the front looks real nice as well and is still almost 1.5" shorter than the 275/60. 

My best advice is to look at Chargers until you see the size combo you like.  Then all you have to do is hope he will tell you what sizes he's running.   :icon_smile_big:

Good advice Dino!  :2thumbs: I'll post back soon with them. I'm like you, I dig the stinkbug stance!

Jeff