News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

power steering pully size help

Started by 69 charger man, July 27, 2005, 10:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 charger man

hey everone i am doing a 440 swap on my 70 charger... the problem that i now face is that my old ps pump(off off a 76 360) has a 6in pully on it and the parts car i bought has a 7in pullly but it is on an old federal pump(needs to be rebuilt leaky mess)... my question is what should the correst size be for my car w/ the 440 and also if i need the larger pully can i swap out the one from the federal pump to the saganaw (sp)

thanks ray

69 charger man

here are the two pumps i have.. the one w/ the cooler is off of a 76 fury x police car w/ ac... and the other on is the one off of the 76 360  w/ac (ps i have the correct brackets for 440 too)
thnaks ray

69 charger man

Just 6T9 CHGR

Really neither one of those would be "correct" for a 70.   You would need the Saginaw "oval" fill neck style with the "wagon wheel" pulley.

I hope this pic will help a bit.   I dont know the actual diameter of the pulley though
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 charger man

ok... thanks ill keep my eyes open for the correct pump
=ray