News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thoughts on my Dream Daytona?

Started by WingCharger, June 14, 2008, 07:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

I may not be able to drive yet, and I may not own a 1969 Charger Daytona, but I have thought for years about what I would do if I did. I want some opinions on my dream Daytona. Please, dont laugh. I know I will make mistakes, I dont know stuff like you owners out there do. I wish I did Though. Also, I am not a Factory Original guy. I want to build a car that is what I have always wanted. A sin for most of you guys too. I am sorry. So here is My Dream Daytona.

As a real test to all you guys out there, I have written my dream car in Fender-Tag Code. :D So, here is a decoder for you: http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/decoder.html

For Whats Not included in Code:
Year: 1969
Package: R/T

N85 R22 V1X X9 Y39 26 END
J25 J45 L31 M21 M25 M51 M91
CRX D21 E74 G11 G31 G33
A01 A11 A34 A47 C16 C55

hemigeno

Nice dream car, and it's one about every guy in here would love to have.  Since there are a couple of things on your tag that weren't available, it'd be a one of one car - but hey, it's your dream car so anything goes, right??

:P

Also, welcome to the site again.  I just replied to your other thread, where I listed a link to the registry that you've already found.  Oh well...   :wave:

mikepmcs

I don't think anyone will laugh here.

Welcome to the site and I like the 8 track option...do you have any.. I always hated having to fast forward to get back to dust in the wind on my Kansas one. :smilielol:

Welcome aboard, so I assume you are a young gun?   :cheers:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

WingCharger

Yep, even though I dont own a car yet. I am one of the few people at my school that are into muscle cars. Forget Honda and mitsubishi! If they say that a ricer could beat a daytona, which they have, I turn away and laugh.

Lets Get this straight, your Honda has 1.6 liters, where my Royal Crown has 2?

mikepmcs

The funny thing about that is, some of those cars might be able to run/outrun you with a couple shots of the good stuff...but I promise you this, when you pull up to a light and your mega ton b body is breathing real heavy and losing 1 inch of frame height every stroke of the bump stick and your 3 inch exhaust is just screaming like a school girl in a halloween movie
They will definitely think a little harder before they set the hamsters on mountain dew!   :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:
Take that to the bank and always make sure you wear your ballcap with the bill straight ahead and you'll go far.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

WingCharger

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

I'm glad you're into musclecars. My son's first car when he was 16 was a 1970 Challenger R/T. He did most of the work himself, including repairing the original wiring harness using the factory wiring schematics. I shouldn't tell this, but my son was the first one to convince me to start buying Mopars. Up until that time I had owned mostly Camaros, Chevelles and Corvettes. Mostly big blocks of course. But ever since that fateful day 12 years ago, I can't seem to stop buying Mopars.
I'm currently building a a daytona clone, I'm collecting parts to build a bird clone and I'm attempting to buy a real superbird.
Here's a pic of my daytona clone. We're mocking up the nose before priming and painting it and the headlamp doors.
Good luck and if you stay focused, I think you'll fulfill that dream. I did.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

WingCharger

Since I know I wll never own a real Daytona, a clone is what I have been planning for a long time. I want to use steel parts, but they are too expensive. And, I will never be able to get a vega hatchback, It will be fiberglass there too. What did you use? I have followed your updates on your clone for a while before I registered. I plan on using Janek and Dayclona.

tan top

Hello Wing charger :cheers:   :wave:   ..... good to see you have found Muscle cars instead of  ricers :yesnod: 
awesome choice of a  dream car  :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hotrod98

Quote from: WingCharger on June 15, 2008, 07:57:25 AM
Since I know I wll never own a real Daytona, a clone is what I have been planning for a long time. I want to use steel parts, but they are too expensive. And, I will never be able to get a vega hatchback, It will be fiberglass there too. What did you use? I have followed your updates on your clone for a while before I registered. I plan on using Janek and Dayclona.

I used a vega plug that I bought years ago. They're getting very hard to find. The problem with using the steel plug is that the total cost including plug, glass and moldings can run well over 3k. Later, I plan to re-build this car with the steel plug, steel nose and aluminum wing. I just wanted to get this car together so that I can drive it.
Save up your dollars and you'll probably find someone that's given up on their project and get everything you need to build a clone. Basically, I have Dayclona and Janek parts on mine.
I highly recommend the Dayclona parts.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: WingCharger on June 14, 2008, 07:51:41 PM
Forget Honda and mitsubishi! If they say that a ricer could beat a daytona, which they have, I turn away and laugh.

there are at least 50 11 second or quicker DSM's in Cleveland running around on the streets...  do the muscle car thing for the look/feel, but know some idiot in a shitbox compact will pwn you for under $1500.

oldcarnut

When I was 16 yrs old, my dream car was a Superbird.  Took me 32 years more to now and finally just getting to be able to have one even if it's to build a clone  ::).  I've had and still have some nice cars but the dream lives on.  Don't let the women, friends, or family take away the dream whatever it is.  They'll help cause plenty enough to set it back some  :yesnod: but just keep it fed and one day it may grow into a reality.   Good Luck

moparstuart

Quote from: oldcarnut on June 15, 2008, 12:21:58 PM
When I was 16 yrs old, my dream car was a Superbird.  Took me 32 years more to now and finally just getting to be able to have one even if it's to build a clone  ::).  I've had and still have some nice cars but the dream lives on.  Don't let the women, friends, or family take away the dream whatever it is.  They'll help cause plenty enough to set it back some  :yesnod: but just keep it fed and one day it may grow into a reality.   Good Luck
took me 24 years to complete the dream of owning and driving a wing car (11 of that the the building of the superbird birdable clone )
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Welcome to the site.

Nothing wrong with having ideas on a dream style Daytona. Just one question though? What color would you want? I didn't see any listing for an exterior color in that fender tag break down you did. Had a few items on the wrong lines than where they should be, but over all pretty well set up. Only one thing stood out as not being possible was the SE option with the HEMI, but hey its a dream right? Believe me if I was old enough to have ordered one in 69 then I'd have been asking about trying to put options together too that supposedly weren't able to be put together.

BigBlockSam

QuoteWhen I was 16 yrs old, my dream car was a Superbird.   

:yesnod: me too . it's still my dream . :pity:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

I've been dreaming of owning a pair of cars since I was in diapers. The pair is a simple one, matching Charger 500 and Daytona in color, and engine, but one AT and 1 4 speed. Got one so far, still looking for the other.