News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Made Money From Your Chargers?

Started by jdiesel33, June 14, 2008, 09:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdiesel33

I found a guy the other day, I think on Craigslist.com, but I can't remember what city, who was "pimping" out his 69 Charger. It was a very nice black one, fully restored according to him. Anyway he was advertising it for use in music videos, movies, tv shows, print ads,etc.. He didn't list what his fees were, but it was definitely a money making venture.

Just curious if anyone else has made any money with their Chargers doing something similar. Doesn't seem like their is a huge market for that sort of thing, but what do I know.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

triple_green

I've loaned my Charger out for Wedding receptions etc at no cost. Insurance goes way up if you are using it for commercial uses.

Making your Charger available for those kind of money making gigs is like my 13 YO daughter entering a beauty Pagent with thousands of girls and hoping to get a modelling gig out of it.

Sorry I not really discouraging you, but just trying to be realistic.

Have Fun!

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

jdiesel33

Oh, I'm not wanting to do it or advocating doing it, I just saw that ad and was curious if anyone else does it and has made money and what kinds of possibly cool projects they were involved in. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't put mine in any possible danger or exposure for that kind of stuff. Besides, at this point in time in it's current condition, I would have to pay someone to use it!!!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

police1

you need a GENERAL LEE! all kinds out there trying to make money off of them.. :lol:

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: jdiesel33 on June 14, 2008, 09:57:18 AMI found a guy the other day, I think on Craigslist.com, but I can't remember what city, who was "pimping" out his 69 Charger. It was a very nice black one, fully restored according to him. Anyway he was advertising it for use in music videos, movies, tv shows, print ads,etc.. He didn't list what his fees were, but it was definitely a money making venture.  Just curious if anyone else has made any money with their Chargers doing something similar. Doesn't seem like their is a huge market for that sort of thing, but what do I know.

Hmm, I've several ads through out the net, it wasn't someone trying to copy one of my ads was it?  :scratchchin:

Quote from: police1 on June 14, 2008, 11:57:52 AMyou need a GENERAL LEE! all kinds out there trying to make money off of them.. :lol:

True... I made almost $800 on the 12th for letting the car sit outside Davis-Kidd Bookstore in Memphis for 2 hours while Ben "Cooter" Jones was there promoting Dukes of Hazzard and his new book... he even came out and signed signed the upper lid of the trunk.  My "Rent a General Lee" can be found here:

http://www.joeygowdy.com/garage/1968dodgecharger-rentagenerallee.html

:2thumbs:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

kidsixpack

My car was just offered a role in a movie being filmed here in the Detroit area last week.  I declined!  I have a buddy that was paid $1,000 a day to use his Boss 429 for a display at the Ford glass house a couple of years back.  I think that would be pretty cool.   I'd do it for real money, but not the $50 a day the producer offered me last week :yesnod:
KID
69 1/2 Super Bee V2 buckets console 4spd with radio delete.
1987 Grand National Low miles original
1989 TTA Low miles light mods
95 Lightning Light mods
95 Bronco Sport low miles Lifted light mods

FLG

Ive had mine in 2 things. One was a low budget film, no real driving mainly just sitting there and i was there with the car...they gave me about 200$ or so in total which i was fine with. The second was for a commercial you guys should be seeing on TV if it went through. Which i made 150$ on and all the car had to do was sit in the background and i got free food so i was fine with it  :2thumbs:

chargerjy9

a couple of weeks ago, my Charger was used in a film shot in the Detroit area., they used it for 2 scenes,  they let us watch filming a scene.  we were right behind the director, afterwards, we were invited to eat dinner with the cast and crew. also, the Charger earned a 100 dollar bill for a couple hours work. all and all a cool experience.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

mikepmcs

so what's the film?  cast member's names? Anyone good?
Did you catch the director's name.
Sounds like a good time was had. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Plumcrazy

A few years ago a group of us provided transportation for a wedding party instead of the usual limo.
We got to eat and drink at the reception along with $100 cash.  :2thumbs:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

jdiesel33

Quote from: Plumcrazy on June 15, 2008, 08:52:46 AM
A few years ago a group of us provided transportation for a wedding party instead of the usual limo.
We got to eat and drink at the reception along with $100 cash.  :2thumbs:

That is really cool.  ;D
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

Silver R/T

its a good idea but what happens if they wreck your Charger, even though you have insurance you probably wont be happy to see it wrecked.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722