News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No Sale daytona on ebay

Started by nascarxx29, June 20, 2008, 07:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Back when I heard that the car could be bought for 50k, I was willing to go that much. Well, half since my brother-in-law was paying the other half. The car's about three hours north of here so going up to see it would have been simple enough. It's just that with my wife wanting a real bird, I was afraid that by buying this car, I would knock myself out of getting her the wingcar that she wants.
I say go for it if it can be bought for 50k. If you were to buy a decent 69 R/T to build a Daytona clone, you would spend at least 25k for the donor car and it still wouldn't be a real daytona when finished. With all of the nice repro parts available now, it won't be that hard to build this car.
I'll bet there are a lot of guys out there that would trade their 69 and 25k for this car. I would have, but it's too late. My 69 kind of looks like a daytona now.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Old Moparz

Don't worry about me bidding on it, I saw that car & know what it needs. It was out of my price range when the auction was being typed.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 22, 2008, 04:41:46 PM
Back when I heard that the car could be bought for 50k, I was willing to go that much. Well, half since my brother-in-law was paying the other half. The car's about three hours north of here so going up to see it would have been simple enough. It's just that with my wife wanting a real bird, I was afraid that by buying this car, I would knock myself out of getting her the wingcar that she wants.
I say go for it if it can be bought for 50k. If you were to buy a decent 69 R/T to build a Daytona clone, you would spend at least 25k for the donor car and it still wouldn't be a real daytona when finished. With all of the nice repro parts available now, it won't be that hard to build this car.
I'll bet there are a lot of guys out there that would trade their 69 and 25k for this car. I would have, but it's too late. My 69 kind of looks like a daytona now.
buy the real daytona  .with your skills you could fix it and sell it . Then you could buy two real birds  !   :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

That very thought has run through my mind more than once. If the economy were better, I'd go for it.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteI'd go for it. 

c'mon go for it
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Can't, I've found three unrestored superbirds, all in rough shape. Might just end up with one of those. That is if the owners ever decide on a price.
They've been watching B-J too much and don't know the difference between a basket case and a #2 condition car.  ;D

Charles Addams

Blown70

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 23, 2008, 10:54:09 AM
a basket case and a #2 condition car.  ;D

Let me guess worth about the same :shruggy:

BigBlockSam

remember,  we talked about that, ........................don't forget me   
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparchris

Hope the left quarter doesn't need much since they are supplying a 68 quarter panel instead of a 69.  If I hadn't  just spent 50 grand on a car last week I'd probably be buying this.  I could do it myself.  Oh well.....

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 23, 2008, 11:16:36 AM

On to plan "B". The guy in south Arkansas thinks his basket cases are worth the same as a nice original driver. Looking at two more birds west of here.
The Daytona is starting to look like a much better deal.   ;D

Charles Addams

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 24, 2008, 12:16:27 AM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 23, 2008, 11:16:36 AM

On to plan "B". The guy in south Arkansas thinks his basket cases are worth the same as a nice original driver. Looking at two more birds west of here.
The Daytona is starting to look like a much better deal.   ;D
hey Larry, Here's some pictures of the south Arkansas birds  :o
http://carsinbarns.com/Superbirds%20&%20Daytonas/Page30SD.htm

BigBlockSam

man, at least buy some good covers for them   :rotz:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 24, 2008, 11:22:00 AM
man, at least buy some good covers for them   :rotz:
that white one has your name all over it rene!

hotrod98

Actually Ken, they're in better shape than I though they might be. I still don't see a 75k car there anywhere. Out of respect, I won't reveal where they are sitting. He might not appreciate the barrage of calls. He obviously doesn't want or need to sell them.
The green one is worse than the pics would indicate. The nose and right headlamp assembly are history, but he has an NOS nose for it. The right fender was damaged and the hood is bent. It's a bench seat auto on the column with a 440. The vitamin c orange car is a bucket seat console auto with a 440. The yellow one which is not for sale for any amount of money is a 440-6 car. The green one was titled for the first time recently. Seems like the orange one still has an MSO and has never been titled. Both had less than 50K when he parked them there. Don't know the history of the yellow one. The white one that he sold recently was a 440-6 car and according to him was by far the worst one of the bunch. Suuposedly these cars are all matching numbers cars. Just wish he would sell one of them for what it's worth. I don't have a problem giving their actual cash value.
I made arrangements with him to see the cars on Sunday. Might go anyway just to get the daytona pickup out for a road trip.

Hope the Oklahoma cars are nicer. At least they're supposed to be.

Any opinions on the true value of the south Arkansas cars? 
He said that the floors are intact and supposedly the frame rails are okay.
Supposed to be complete and matching numbers.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

40k tops just figuring you can fix them and save your self money and not be upside  down in it !

Blown70

Quote from: moparstuart on June 24, 2008, 03:56:56 PM
40k tops just figuring you can fix them and save your self money and not be upside  down in it !

I would agree but as I sit here I also would say this, if it is TRUELY something you want with all your HEART, then BUY IT and who cares about the price. (within reason of course).  I know if I had a chance to buy my dream car then I would belly up what I had to even if it was more than I wanted. to. 

Second thought this guy will not budge off his price right, so, uless there is another 1920 and some odd birds around I dont see them around too often as decent projects?

GOOD LUCK LARRY

Tom

hotrod98

His counter offer was 60k and my unrestored 71 340 Cuda. The cuda is missing it's engine and and needs a total resto. Kind of wanted to restore the real 71 Cuda eventually and sell one of the other cuda clones. Heck, I would go 40k and the cuda for the orange bird.  ;D

Charles Addams

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hotrod98

Quote from: nascarxx29 on June 24, 2008, 06:32:59 PM
Heres how the car looked before its black paint resto
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/75414/1969daytona_03.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/75414/1969daytona_02.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/75414/1969daytona_01.jpg

Looks bad, but it doesn't look any worse than the 69 Runner that I have on the rotisserie now. I could build that car given enough time, money and...uhhh... patience.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 21, 2008, 01:08:38 AM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 20, 2008, 11:16:48 PM
i don't believe this car will go over 50k but you know how to play the ebay game all you need is a couple of friends . :engel016:

The economy sucks and it's affecting the big ticket items.
A couple of friends of mine are back to buying mopars on e-bay and flipping them locally.
Never thought I would see that again.

:o :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

IowaCharger69

It looked a million times better in red. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but why not leave a car with that much original paint as is if you are just going to sell it. It says a lot to me to see a car like that rather than "covered up" with a bunch or black primer. Waaaaaaaaay less cool factor all primed IMO also.

hotrod98

I think I read that they had actually started restoring the car and decided to sell. If I bought it, the first thing that would happen is media blast and get rid of the primer. I could never do body work over someone else's primer.

Charles Addams

IowaCharger69

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 25, 2008, 10:23:58 PM
I think I read that they had actually started restoring the car and decided to sell. If I bought it, the first thing that would happen is media blast and get rid of the primer. I could never do body work over someone else's primer.

Completely agree. It's sad just how much of someone else's time and bondo I've blasted away.

PocketThunder

Quote from: IowaCharger69 on June 26, 2008, 06:00:32 AM
Quote from: hotrod98 on June 25, 2008, 10:23:58 PM

Completely agree. It's sad just how much of someone else's time and bondo I've blasted away.

But you never know what you really have untill you see it with your own eyes..  :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

ebay just emailed me the reserve was just lowered

Reserve price has been lowered   

Dear moparstuart,
Good news! The seller has lowered the reserve price on this item.

Dodge : Charger (Item #110263680441) 
Current high bid:  US $25,100.00
(reserve not met) 

End date: 
Jun-29-08 10:00 PM PDT 

View the item you're bidding on:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110263680441&category=6199 

Helpful Links 
· Frequently Asked Questions - Get answers about lowering the reserve price 
· Bid history - View all bidding activity on this item 
· My eBay - Track your buying and selling activity 
· Discussion Boards - Get help from other eBay members 
· eBay Help - Find answers to your questions 

Trading guidelines
If you are contacted about buying a similar item outside of eBay, please do not respond. Off-eBay transactions are against eBay policy; they are not covered by eBay services such as feedback, the buyer protection program, and dispute resolution.

eBay will not request personal data (password, credit card/bank numbers, and so on) in an email. Learn how to protect your account.

Thank you for using eBayMotors!
http://www.ebay.com/ebaymotors/