News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone seen my hubcaps?????

Started by SPi, June 25, 2008, 11:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPi

I changed this for Daytonalo.........is this better???

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Looking good. So just curious but it looks like you had the front seats redone, what did you guys do with the rear seat? Wasn't it missing a few of the buttons from the factory on the rear seat on one side? And what are your intentions for the car now?

tan top

:yesnod:  like very much :yesnod:  awesome job :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

Quote from: SPi on June 25, 2008, 11:26:43 AM
... Hope you guys like what you see. :2thumbs:

And what's NOT to like !?  She's SWEET !!!!  Hopefully this '68 Hemi Charger R/T of mine will get me one of those... Great color combination...........

:2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

daytonalo

Nice ! What brand Gold spray paint is on the Booster , master lid and jack that orig came Gold Cad ?????

SPi

Those parts ARE gold cad plated, not spray painted

daytonalo

The Jack too ? Must be my Computer , looks like spray paint .

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nascarxx29

I like to see the finished daytona wearing the full wheel covers
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

69_500

What happened to the pictures? I was on another computer the other day, and didn't get a chance to right click and save.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on June 27, 2008, 09:58:22 AM
What happened to the pictures? I was on another computer the other day, and didn't get a chance to right click and save.

What happened is Larry doing his usual thing.

Thanks Larry.

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on June 27, 2008, 10:20:04 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on June 27, 2008, 09:58:22 AM

What happened is Larry doing his usual thing.

Thanks Larry.
if you ever wanna piss some one off larry is the man to get the job done !   THANKS ALOT LARRY 

SPi please post the pictures back up  .  We all know that larry is just a knuckle head !

hotrod98

I've limited the number of pics that I've posted of my clone project. That way, I can get all of the comments out of the way at once.  :icon_smile_big:

I say put the pics back. I thought your car looked great.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on June 25, 2008, 01:39:46 PM
The Jack too ? Must be my Computer , looks like spray paint .

Larry........................................... Larry......................................... Larry....................................

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

nascarxx29

SPI if you dont want to post pictures .You can PM and email them to me.I would like to close this chapter and see it finished.Thank You

Beep Beep Dave

I am still waiting for Larri to post some pics of the lower quarters and trunk extensions on his clone Daytona, but the cupcake got his panties all bunched up and never posted them.
How does that saying go....if you're gonna talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk  :hah:

I miissed the pics...is Dave's old Daytona done?
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

69_500

All you gotta say to Larry is one line long.

ITS A REAL DAYTONA.

That in itself should be enough said.

Please for those of us who love the wing cars, please post the pictures again. Or if not, would you mind emailing them to me?

daytonalo

Here ya go D- smacker

69_500

Wow and such original names for pictures too, so kind and polite as well.  :pity:

daytonalo

69_500

Somethings are just better off not said though. 

don't you have a lake to be taking a boat to this weekend?

daytonalo

My new Hotrod

Beep Beep Dave

Man Larri still managed to avoid the money shot pic of the lower quarter - trunk extention.
I don't know how I can be more clear :shruggy:
For the record I am not a vegetarian and like sheep, cows, pigs etc....stick to the salad bar Larri.
Dave

1970 Charger R/T

69_500

Back to what this thread is about.

PLEASE, post the pictures of the REAL Daytona for those of us who actually care about the car.

daytonalo

Hey Rectal itch , the Qtr was on the ground

A383Wing

Quote from: daytonalo on June 27, 2008, 08:58:56 PM
My new Hotrod

Pointy nose is there...but where is the oversized towel rack?  :scratchchin:

Bryan

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: daytonalo on June 27, 2008, 09:54:04 PM
Hey Rectal itch , the Qtr was on the ground

Me thinks you aren't the sharpest blade in the drawer? :yesnod:

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Steve P.

I don't get much time to spend in this area and it is for sure NOT my expertise. I came into this area tonight as I received a complaint.

I have read the entire post and cannot believe some of the trash being thrown about. Is this what everyone wants in this forum? I don't think so. I know it's not what I or any other mods or the site's owner wants. So please tell me why this exists. On second though DON'T. I think it is best to just avoid anyone that you have a problem with. If you realllly have a problem with something I would suggest asking what is what in a polite way. I also suggest that answers are made in a polite way. You know, "do unto others,,,,"..

We are all adults here and have the same interests. There is no reason for any kind or type of play ground scuffs here and this is not the place for it.

Those that are creating this pain are not hurting yourselves. You are hurting this site and the over 5500 members and thousands more that are ghost readers. Why?? Who needs it?? Not 99% of us.

Please consider the thousands of others and those who bring you this site.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

SPi

If the rain will ever stop I will get some nicer pics for you guys, the hubcaps are now on.  I took the car for it's maiden voyage on Wednesday and the car drives perfect.   It sure does attract a lot of attention, I don't think I have ever seen so many camera phones.   :2thumbs:

hemigeno

As much as I love Daytonas, I will admit to spending more than a few minutes  :drool5: over that Viper engine...  That must be a white-knuckle beast...

Thanks for posting pics of the 'Tona again, SPi. 

:cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on June 28, 2008, 09:09:25 AM
As much as I love Daytonas, I will admit to spending more than a few minutes  :drool5: over that Viper engine...  That must be a white-knuckle beast...

Thanks for posting pics of the 'Tona again, SPi. 

:cheers:
very cool exhaust hair dryer too !     And thanks for the repost ! Awesome car !

Ghoste

Beautiful car, thanks for putting the pics up.

nascarxx29

Howie

Thank you. That was worth coming back to see this post. :yesnod:. Great Job.

PocketThunder

wait a minute, does the car have a viper engine or a 440?  i'm gonna guess a 440 but then what it the v10 for?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

pettybird

Call Frank Badalson at Auto Restoration Supply for the correct ballast resistor, $35.  It's the only part that really jumps out and grabs me in the pic. 

The battery hold down should be secured by wingnuts in '69, correct?

just trying to help...

nascarxx29

You right it had holding down the battery wingnuts and paper thin washers.And the ballast If I recall was gold cad with a location hole.That matched up with a knub on the firewall
The caps that were on the car from day 1 .Had slight damage.But I provided a really nice set that was taken from a 69 Charger SE. in my area .As the 69 SE had cragars on it on day 2

69_500

Are you planning on installing the underhood pad as well? And I can't remember if I asked this in the other thread on the restoration, but was the original washer bottle cracked, or did you put in a new on due to the color fade of the old one?

Chris G.

Quote from: 69_500 on June 29, 2008, 03:48:15 PM
And I can't remember if I asked this in the other thread on the restoration, but was the original washer bottle cracked, or did you put in a new on due to the color fade of the old one?

Either way, it's the wrong one on the car now. Can't understand why people still use that bottle??? The correct one has been around for at least 3 years now.

Car looks great though. It's come a looooong way. Glad to see it's resurrection.  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Chris G. on June 29, 2008, 05:03:56 PM
...Can't understand why people still use that bottle??? The correct one has been around for at least 3 years now.

Dana's guilty as charged as well......................  But, she had her's before the correct ones were out...........................

Daytona looks superb !!

Troy
Troy

hotrod98

And I can't remember if I asked this in the other thread on the restoration, but was the original washer bottle cracked, or did you put in a new on due to the color fade of the old one?

Either way, it's the wrong one on the car now. Can't understand why people still use that bottle??? The correct one has been around for at least 3 years now.

Car looks great though. It's come a looooong way. Glad to see it's resurrection.  :2thumbs:

I thought the white one was actually correct color and the yellow one was made to give it an aged look. Were the originals actually yellowed. I seem to remember them being bright white when they were new and then they yellowed within the first couple of years.

Charles Addams

Ghoste

That's what I thought too?   :shruggy:

Chris G.

It's not the color guys, it's the way it opens that is incorrect.  :icon_smile_wink:

Troy

It's not the color - it's the lid.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

Dang! Beat by 6 seconds because I had to look it up...

Troy

Chris G.

Quote from: Troy on June 30, 2008, 10:15:24 AM

Troy

Guess that 400 pound bumper didn't slow me down huh?  :P  :drive:

Ghoste

hemigeno

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 30, 2008, 09:15:29 AM

I thought the white one was actually correct color and the yellow one was made to give it an aged look. Were the originals actually yellowed. I seem to remember them being bright white when they were new and then they yellowed within the first couple of years.

I don't think Chris was pointing out a problem with the color of the plastic as much as the side of the tank that the plastic lid "hinges" on.  For whatever reason, Mopar issued a bunch of these NORS tanks several years back with the hinge on the radiator side (when the tank is installed).  The originals were hinged on the firewall side.  They have since fixed their mistake, but there are an awful lot of the incorrect versions in cars. 

As far as the color goes, the modern plastic formulations are definitely more bluish-white in color than the original material was.  Guys have pulled brand-spanking-new NOS tanks out of a sealed box that have never seen the light of day in 30-40 years, and the plastic was slightly yellow tinted.  They now offer both the really-old yellow and the bluish-white, which is a good thing.  I've heard that the manufacturer literally mixes motor oil into the plastic material to get the yellow tint (makes sense, but I haven't talked with the Mfg. myself to confirm this).  Personally, I wish they would also make one that was a little less yellow than the style that mimics a survivor car's tank and looked more like a NOS tank would.

Yeah, we're a picky bunch, arent we?   :lol:

The car still looks awesome   :2thumbs:

Ghoste

I'd rather be picky than ricey.

moparstuart

Quote from: Chris G. on June 30, 2008, 10:17:23 AM
Quote from: Troy on June 30, 2008, 10:15:24 AM

Troy

Guess that 400 pound bumper didn't slow me down huh?  :P  :drive:
I got one of those 400 pound bumpers on my car also . No chrome on mine tho ,   

Blown70

Quote from: hemigeno on June 30, 2008, 10:30:37 AM

Yeah, we're a picky bunch, arent we?   :lol:

The car still looks awesome   :2thumbs:

UMM YEA, to be very honest if I ever owned a wing car real (not my cup) or clone, I would NEVER post a picture here..... I think you would have to put a gun to my head, NOT one post will go by without someone pointing out the WRONG dang screw or nut or color of  a jack..... :slap:

But hey to each there own......

Tom

Ghoste

Except that as much as the cars get picked apart here, they are still loved above all others in the hobby. (by most of us anyway)

Troy

Personally, I just never open the hood. As long as it goes I really don't care. My car doesn't even have a washer bottle so there!

But then again, I'm not trying to sell my car for a huge pile of cash. :D

Troy

Blown70

Quote from: Troy on June 30, 2008, 10:41:11 AM
, I'm not trying to sell my car for a huge pile of cash. :D

Troy

Well then be picky if you are looking at buying.  I would not shell out 200,000 plus grand and have a bunch of incorrect stuff, however I do not recall this car being in the for sale section currently?

Tom

Troy

Quote from: Blown70 on June 30, 2008, 10:44:58 AM
Quote from: Troy on June 30, 2008, 10:41:11 AM
, I'm not trying to sell my car for a huge pile of cash. :D

Troy

Well then be picky if you are looking at buying.  I would not shell out 200,000 plus grand and have a bunch of incorrect stuff, however I do not recall this car being in the for sale section currently?

Tom

It's not - but that doesn't mean it isn't for sale...
Quote from: Moparmatty on November 06, 2007, 06:40:22 PM
And just think for $350k one of us can own it.  They have been advertising the car in the Autotrader up here since they got it.  I emailed to see what they were asking for it when completed and $350K was the answer.

Troy

Blown70

U have way too much time on your hands  :nana:

Steve P.

I'll stick to my lowly Coronet...    :nana:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nascarxx29

The original washer bottles open towards the firewall.And the originals had a molded in date code.And I recall the caps being different

69_500

Actually there is nothing wrong with people pointing little things out. I happen to have a 500 that has at least 1,500 things that are incorrect on it. And they are very easy to notice when the hood is opened at a show. That doesn't stop me from popping the hood at show though. Some days I leave it down, but on the majority I pop it open. I'm always one right there with the people pointing out all of the things wrong with my own car.

hotrod98

I'm guilty of pointing out incorrect things. I always tell them that they have a very nice car before doing so and that I'm just pointing it out in case they're unaware of it and would like to correct it.

Charles Addams

69_500

I'm guilty of taking pictures of the incorrect parts on a car, when I'm at a show. I don't tend to discuss the cars in a negative way at the shows, only afterwords amongst friends. Especially when I hear how great a car scored on a judges sheet, makes me wonder how they missed so many things. One good example was at the Monster Mopar last year. 3-Daytona knows what I'm talking about.

472 R/T SE

These guys are pussy cats compared to the A12 bunch.*

I do find it funny though, Mr. Critique seems to  :misbehaving: Dave's request every time.    ;)

That's a way nice car.  Those wing cars' attract too much attention for my liking but they definitely are a sight to behold.  :bow:

*No disrespect intended*

69_500

I'm going to have to somewhat agree on the A12 people, but when you get a few of the die hard aero people together its might as well be the A12 people eyeballing a car. Just ask the gentleman who's Daytona me and Gene eyeballed at Carlisle last year. I think we spent almost 45 minutes just looking at the jack to the car. Then another 30 minutes looking at the wing braces, and daytona stripe. Never mind the rest of the time we spent looking at the rest of the car.

Nor take into account the hours we spent crawling on hand and knee's to just catch glimpse's of a 500 that we went to see. I believe we were accused of spending over an hour looking at the battery alone. Although I think it was more along the lines of 45-55 minutes tops.

Ghoste

moparstuart

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on July 02, 2008, 08:51:12 PM
I'm going to have to somewhat agree on the A12 people, but when you get a few of the die hard aero people together its might as well be the A12 people eyeballing a car. Just ask the gentleman who's Daytona me and Gene eyeballed at Carlisle last year. I think we spent almost 45 minutes just looking at the jack to the car. Then another 30 minutes looking at the wing braces, and daytona stripe. Never mind the rest of the time we spent looking at the rest of the car.

Nor take into account the hours we spent crawling on hand and knee's to just catch glimpse's of a 500 that we went to see. I believe we were accused of spending over an hour looking at the battery alone. Although I think it was more along the lines of 45-55 minutes tops.

You were too modest to say that you were nearly standing on your head to get pictures of that same 500's transmission and underbody.  Ahh, the lengths that we'll go to for an Aero car...    :P

Oh, and I'll second that notion about the A12 guys.  Phenomenal research and knowledge on those cars, and I've learned a TON about late '69 B-body Chryslers from their postings on Moparts.  That's helped out on my own car's resto.  They can sure pick a car apart though...

As far as (constructively) critiquing a car goes, you can look at it one of two ways:  Negatively, as something just short of an insult;  or positively, as in giving out information that can either help that owner to make their own car more correct or can help someone else with their own car's restoration effort.  9 times out of 10, the members on this board intend for things to be positive, and mean no harm by their comments - maybe we can raise up to 99 times out of 100 if we exclude Larry's posts  :P

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemigeno on July 03, 2008, 10:14:46 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on July 02, 2008, 08:51:12 PM

You were too modest to say that you were nearly standing on your head to get pictures of that same 500's transmission and underbody.  Ahh, the lengths that we'll go to for an Aero car...    :P

Oh, and I'll second that notion about the A12 guys.  Phenomenal research and knowledge on those cars, and I've learned a TON about late '69 B-body Chryslers from their postings on Moparts.  That's helped out on my own car's resto.  They can sure pick a car apart though...

As far as (constructively) critiquing a car goes, you can look at it one of two ways:  Negatively, as something just short of an insult;  or positively, as in giving out information that can either help that owner to make their own car more correct or can help someone else with their own car's restoration effort.  9 times out of 10, the members on this board intend for things to be positive, and mean no harm by their comments - maybe we can raise up to 99 times out of 100 if we exclude Larry's posts  :P

:rofl:  I was just gonna say, and then there's Larry...  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Aero426

He's been quiet lately.  Is he on a vacation? 

BigBlockSam

he's working on his new off shore race boat. this thing is a monster. i'm sure we'll hear from  him after boat racing season. Rene

69_500

Oh yeah, I had almost forgotten about crawling through the engine compartment of a HEMI 500, and then having Gene and another gentleman hold the hood open while I stood on my head in the engine compartment to use a wire brush to clean the side of the transmission to get a picture of the VIN. Too bad those pictures aren't still around. We should make another trip Gene.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on July 03, 2008, 04:05:07 PM
Oh yeah, I had almost forgotten about crawling through the engine compartment of a HEMI 500, and then having Gene and another gentleman hold the hood open while I stood on my head in the engine compartment to use a wire brush to clean the side of the transmission to get a picture of the VIN. Too bad those pictures aren't still around. We should make another trip Gene.

I'm sure we'll talk strategy at Carlisle next week...   :yesnod:

BigBlockSam

Quoteor just plain madness ! 

:yesnod:  yea he aint rite

69_500

Back to the original topic, when is the first time this car will be at one of the major shows for everyone to see all the hard work that has been put into the car?

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 04, 2008, 10:25:37 AM
Quoteor just plain madness ! 

:yesnod:  yea he aint rite
nun of us wing nuts are brother   :smilielol:

69_500

I think that our wives would probably agree that there aren't any of us who are normal. Or at least that is what my wife would say about me.