News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone seen my hubcaps?????

Started by SPi, June 25, 2008, 11:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

My new Hotrod

Beep Beep Dave

Man Larri still managed to avoid the money shot pic of the lower quarter - trunk extention.
I don't know how I can be more clear :shruggy:
For the record I am not a vegetarian and like sheep, cows, pigs etc....stick to the salad bar Larri.
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

69_500

Back to what this thread is about.

PLEASE, post the pictures of the REAL Daytona for those of us who actually care about the car.

daytonalo

Hey Rectal itch , the Qtr was on the ground

A383Wing

Quote from: daytonalo on June 27, 2008, 08:58:56 PM
My new Hotrod

Pointy nose is there...but where is the oversized towel rack?  :scratchchin:

Bryan

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: daytonalo on June 27, 2008, 09:54:04 PM
Hey Rectal itch , the Qtr was on the ground

Me thinks you aren't the sharpest blade in the drawer? :yesnod:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Steve P.

I don't get much time to spend in this area and it is for sure NOT my expertise. I came into this area tonight as I received a complaint.

I have read the entire post and cannot believe some of the trash being thrown about. Is this what everyone wants in this forum? I don't think so. I know it's not what I or any other mods or the site's owner wants. So please tell me why this exists. On second though DON'T. I think it is best to just avoid anyone that you have a problem with. If you realllly have a problem with something I would suggest asking what is what in a polite way. I also suggest that answers are made in a polite way. You know, "do unto others,,,,"..

We are all adults here and have the same interests. There is no reason for any kind or type of play ground scuffs here and this is not the place for it.

Those that are creating this pain are not hurting yourselves. You are hurting this site and the over 5500 members and thousands more that are ghost readers. Why?? Who needs it?? Not 99% of us.

Please consider the thousands of others and those who bring you this site.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

SPi

If the rain will ever stop I will get some nicer pics for you guys, the hubcaps are now on.  I took the car for it's maiden voyage on Wednesday and the car drives perfect.   It sure does attract a lot of attention, I don't think I have ever seen so many camera phones.   :2thumbs:

hemigeno

As much as I love Daytonas, I will admit to spending more than a few minutes  :drool5: over that Viper engine...  That must be a white-knuckle beast...

Thanks for posting pics of the 'Tona again, SPi. 

:cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on June 28, 2008, 09:09:25 AM
As much as I love Daytonas, I will admit to spending more than a few minutes  :drool5: over that Viper engine...  That must be a white-knuckle beast...

Thanks for posting pics of the 'Tona again, SPi. 

:cheers:
very cool exhaust hair dryer too !     And thanks for the repost ! Awesome car !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Beautiful car, thanks for putting the pics up.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Howie

Thank you. That was worth coming back to see this post. :yesnod:. Great Job.

PocketThunder

wait a minute, does the car have a viper engine or a 440?  i'm gonna guess a 440 but then what it the v10 for?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

pettybird

Call Frank Badalson at Auto Restoration Supply for the correct ballast resistor, $35.  It's the only part that really jumps out and grabs me in the pic. 

The battery hold down should be secured by wingnuts in '69, correct?

just trying to help...

nascarxx29

You right it had holding down the battery wingnuts and paper thin washers.And the ballast If I recall was gold cad with a location hole.That matched up with a knub on the firewall
The caps that were on the car from day 1 .Had slight damage.But I provided a really nice set that was taken from a 69 Charger SE. in my area .As the 69 SE had cragars on it on day 2

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Are you planning on installing the underhood pad as well? And I can't remember if I asked this in the other thread on the restoration, but was the original washer bottle cracked, or did you put in a new on due to the color fade of the old one?

Chris G.

Quote from: 69_500 on June 29, 2008, 03:48:15 PM
And I can't remember if I asked this in the other thread on the restoration, but was the original washer bottle cracked, or did you put in a new on due to the color fade of the old one?

Either way, it's the wrong one on the car now. Can't understand why people still use that bottle??? The correct one has been around for at least 3 years now.

Car looks great though. It's come a looooong way. Glad to see it's resurrection.  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Chris G. on June 29, 2008, 05:03:56 PM
...Can't understand why people still use that bottle??? The correct one has been around for at least 3 years now.

Dana's guilty as charged as well......................  But, she had her's before the correct ones were out...........................

Daytona looks superb !!

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hotrod98

Quote from: Chris G. on June 29, 2008, 05:03:56 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on June 29, 2008, 03:48:15 PM
And I can't remember if I asked this in the other thread on the restoration, but was the original washer bottle cracked, or did you put in a new on due to the color fade of the old one?

Either way, it's the wrong one on the car now. Can't understand why people still use that bottle??? The correct one has been around for at least 3 years now.

Car looks great though. It's come a looooong way. Glad to see it's resurrection.  :2thumbs:

I thought the white one was actually correct color and the yellow one was made to give it an aged look. Were the originals actually yellowed. I seem to remember them being bright white when they were new and then they yellowed within the first couple of years.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Ghoste

That's what I thought too?   :shruggy:

Chris G.

It's not the color guys, it's the way it opens that is incorrect.  :icon_smile_wink:

Troy

It's not the color - it's the lid.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

Dang! Beat by 6 seconds because I had to look it up...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chris G.

Quote from: Troy on June 30, 2008, 10:15:24 AM
Dang! Beat by 6 seconds because I had to look it up...

Troy

Guess that 400 pound bumper didn't slow me down huh?  :P  :drive: