News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gauge Diameter

Started by zerfetzen, July 09, 2008, 09:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerfetzen

I've been toying around with the idea of making a custom dash as I'm restoring the entire car.  If a gauge, say Auto Meter, has a diameter of 3 3/8", is that the diameter of the hole I cut out, or if not, how do you know that?  I'm trying to determine how many gauges I can fit :)
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

yellowcharger500

Hello zerfetzen! I did the same thing to my '70 Charger's dash. I used the Autometer guages too. I started by cutting the holes out by following the factory lines that are pinstripped silver. Then, using a dremel tool carefully cut the holes so the guages had a tight fit. I've included a link to my web site that shows a bunch of pictures of how I did it. Take your time, and you can get the same guages as factory, but with the dependibility of having new!  Take care! Jeff
http://www.fototime.com/inv/1E98B0191D5EC2E

zerfetzen

Thanks yellowcharger500, that's exactly what I want to do, looks great  :cheers:
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda