News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to do in Chicago.

Started by Dreyer, May 02, 2009, 05:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreyer

Hi i am in Chicago for work the next week or so and we have couple of days off next week would like to know if there is any automuseums or things like that to check out in the area.
I also need to get a few parts for my Charger so can anybody tell me where to go for parts here in Chicago.
And final i anybody knows about other cool stuff we have to check out while were here let me hear about it.

Thanks
Mike from Denmark 

THE COLONEL

Check out the Blackhawks while you are there.  I don't know if your into hockey, but I would try for it, if I could get tickets! :cheers:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Charger-Bodie

There is a pretty cool auto museum in Rockford , about 45 minutes from Chicago.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Finn

You gotta get deep dish pizza from Gino's! :Twocents:

Love that stuff.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

UFO

You could go by Mr'norms old place at grand and spaulding.Apparently it's not a great neighborhood so watch who's around you.

Shakey

Steak at the Chicago Chop House!   :2thumbs:

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Ghoste

Did the Mr. Norm's visitation a few years ago and I concur with the crappy 'hood part but if you go in the daytime you can stand on the lot.  All the buildings are still there and it looks like it only closed shop a short time ago.  Very eerie and well worth stopping for any Mopar freak.

Dans 68

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 02, 2009, 09:50:49 PM
Chicago is pretty awesome.  Go see a Cubs game too....

...or a White Sox game.  :D   They will at home starting this Wednesday.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

PocketThunder

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 02, 2009, 09:50:49 PM
Chicago is pretty awesome.  Go see a Cubs game too.

Go to a cubs game.

Have brunch at Stanleys on Lincoln and Armitage.

Go to the Clark Bar on Clark Street and see the St. Valentines Day Massacre picture on the wall from floor to ceiling.

Go to the Brew and View on Belmont just West of Halsted and have a beer and watch a movie.  

Go to Burrito House on Lincoln and Addison at 4:00am for the best mexican food you've ever had.  (Does any mexican food taste bad at 4:00am?)

Or do all the touristy stuff downtown like most people.  

Paul   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Recharger

:iagree:  All good stuff to do.  Don't forget Millenium park if you're heading downtown for the touristy stuff. 

And as for auto museums, there's Volo about 40 miles Northwest of the city.  http://www.volocars.com/directions.php

What kind of Charger parts are you looking for?  I've still got a stash of random leftover Charger parts that I was actually about to put up in the classifieds section or on eBay.  I'm about 30 miles south of downtown Chicago in Lansing IL.  PM me if you want to swing by and look at some stuff...

OneofNoneRT

Downtown theres a place called "Dicks last resort"  :yesnod: check it out. Its not far from House of Blues :coolgleamA: .. by the water.. Its a blast, Good food, music alot of fun.. :lol:
http://www.dickslastresort.com/
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Shakey

A few doors down from the Chicago Chop House is the Red Head Piano Bar.  A great place for a nightcap, a cigar and the dueling pianos are kinda cool.  An old school type of place.

426HemiCharger

If your here on Sunday May 17th go to Mo-power Madness at 899 Mill St. in Naperville. 8a to 4:30p get in free, see some cars and buy some parts at the swap meet.
------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)