News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Layson's Restoration Busted at Carlisle by Police!!

Started by TUFCAT, July 12, 2008, 04:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Steve P. on July 13, 2008, 03:28:39 AM
Rob Wolf was more than likely just getting the scoop for the magazine.. I'm sure the ordeal will be public before long.

That's what I was trying to say over on moparts and one poster didn't seem to get it.... then the thread was locked.  :icon_smile_question:

If anything, my statements could be seen as defending Rob by explaining his involvement with the whole thing - or rather lack of involvement.
I wasn't exactly defending him - I don't know him. I just saw a few things that added up to a theory and shared my thoughts.

Anyway, I tried to say "Let's have fun with this until we know the real details" rather than a pile of information that doesn't add up to much, but I wasn't given the chance.

It'll be interesting to see what the deal is. At this point, even the people that saw what went down don't have the details. So we're all just guessing, aren't we?

4speed

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on July 13, 2008, 08:31:15 AM
Rob Wolf was more than likely just getting the scoop for the magazine.. I'm sure the ordeal will be public before long.

That's what I was trying to say over on moparts and one poster didn't seem to get it.... then the thread was locked.  :icon_smile_question:

If anything, my statements could be seen as defending Rob by explaining his involvement with the whole thing - or rather lack of involvement.
I wasn't exactly defending him - I don't know him. I just saw a few things that added up to a theory and shared my thoughts.

Anyway, I tried to say "Let's have fun with this until we know the real details" rather than a pile of information that doesn't add up to much, but I wasn't given the chance.

It'll be interesting to see what the deal is. At this point, even the people that saw what went down don't have the details. So we're all just guessing, aren't we?
you have to be careful what you say and who you say it about on moparts they are kind sensitive,i ask a simple question about kevin moore and they locked it with nothen negative said :shruggy:  :Twocents:

TK73

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 12, 2008, 08:56:23 PM
Quote from: tan top on July 12, 2008, 04:50:47 PM
not trying to sound a bit  dumb  but a
licensing  problem  ..how in what way  ????   :scratchchin:  .... 

also how come the police swooped at the show & not at their  business address  ??? :scratchchin:
I am dumb on this subject.  Who or what is Layson? :shruggy: :icon_smile_big:

Laysons Restoration in Kent, WA.  About 30 miles south of Seattle

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

71ChallengeHer

Yep, And I heard from my sources that it will be in MCG. Plus they said Chrysler warned them about selling the parts. It was all Feds. They came in Thurs. and Fri. and bought from them. Then came back and arrested them and confiscated everything. That's all I know right now.

hemihead nc

..plus I'm sure Interstate Commerce would have to apply somehow in this situation, that's probably why the Feds would be involved...

autodynamics

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 13, 2008, 02:43:38 PM
Yep, And I heard thur my sources that it will be in MCG. Plus they said Chrysler warned them about selling the parts. It was all Feds. They came in Thurs. and Fri. and bought from them. Then came back and arrested them and confiscated everything. That's all I know right now.

and where were u ??? didnt find any of your cars

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: autodynamics on July 13, 2008, 05:18:25 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 13, 2008, 02:43:38 PM
Yep, And I heard thur my sources that it will be in MCG. Plus they said Chrysler warned them about selling the parts. It was all Feds. They came in Thurs. and Fri. and bought from them. Then came back and arrested them and confiscated everything. That's all I know right now.

and where were u ??? didnt find any of your cars
My Chally was up by the picnic area and Shelby's car was 4 rows over . Right by Laysons. That's why her car was taped off yesterday. How could you miss a pink Daytona ?  :rofl: :rofl:

sunroofsuperbird

They got rob wolf [MCG] because he would not quit taking pics. then they let himgo later. Not sure if they let him keep pics  :shruggy:
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

71ChallengeHer

a couple pics right before they taped off Shelby's car

Chris G.

I'm not posting pics I have, but it was a strange scene for a Mopar event. Feds and Cops with masks and guns out was pretty cool though. Laysons was shut down and gutted pretty quick. The employees couldn't touch a thing and the feds were documenting everything and seizing cash and merchandise.

I really feel bad for anyone who left money for orders with them, or have orders they made online. It may take months/years to get that back.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Defiantly a strange sight to see at a car show.....I swear someone was playing the theme to the "Cops" TV show in the crowd! ;)

The "masked marauder"  was a strange sight as well :scratchchin:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Chris G. on July 13, 2008, 06:23:44 PM
I'm not posting pics I have, but it was a strange scene for a Mopar event. Feds and Cops with masks and guns out was pretty cool though. Laysons was shut down and gutted pretty quick. The employees couldn't touch a thing and the feds were documenting everything and seizing cash and merchandise.

I really feel bad for anyone who left money for orders with them, or have orders they made online. It may take months/years to get that back.
It was almost as good as the Spring Carlisle. I forget the year. But it snowed and the cops shot and killed a guy that was there. The guy robbed and beat 2 old people really bad.

Winged 1

;)
I have dealt with Laysons and lets just say I think that Karma finally caught up with them. I couldn't think of a more deserving person to get shackled considering how he has treated me and others in the past. Just my opinion..
Eric
:2thumbs:

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: SFRT on July 13, 2008, 12:23:55 AM
In effect, it is considered theft. Theft of intellectual copyright. Especially if they had recieved C&D recently, but continued to sell old inventory. A bit heavy handed, but, the perfect way to make a 'statement'. Spectacular public shutdown at an important event. Everyone else selling bootleg merch will think twice for a while.
BINGO!
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Winged 1 on July 13, 2008, 06:40:24 PM
;)
I have dealt with Laysons and lets just say I think that Karma finally caught up with them. I couldn't think of a more deserving person to get shackled considering how he has treated me and others in the past. Just my opinion..
Eric
Ditto! Nice parts but way bad businessmen. He/they got what he/they deserved.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Todd Wilson

Well this is an interesting thing that happened. After reading 2 pages of what people THINK happened and what people think of Laysons does anyone today know exactly what happened to cause such a ruckuss at the show?

Todd

4speed

Quote from: Todd Wilson on July 13, 2008, 09:26:11 PM
Well this is an interesting thing that happened. After reading 2 pages of what people THINK happened and what people think of Laysons does anyone today know exactly what happened to cause such a ruckuss at the show?

Todd

:popcrn: :brickwall:

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nh_mopar_fan

Laysons is one of the few early A-body suppliers out there. I'm going on well over a year waiting for a 66 Valient Signet fender emblem. At least they didn't charge me for it.

Those groups are saying that they got busted for selling unauthorized mopar merchandise.

Old Moparz

I kind of wish I was there to see what happened. I had heard the police were at the show, but that was it. If it was copyright issues that Layson's was busted for, then the same thing happened back in the late 1980's when Chrysler warned everyone to license their products. The feds & police showed up at a big swap meet, arrested several vendors & confiscated lots of merchandise. If you're stupid enough to ignore a letter from a lawyer, then too bad.

As for Rob Wolf getting the scoop for MCG, I won't believe what he prints since he's been full of shit before. He once left boxes of magazines, T-shirts, folding tables, & plastic storage cartons behind at Carlisle one year & claimed his vending booth was stolen. The moron stacked everything up next to a trash can in his vending space & left on Sunday. I walked by with my wife & daughter, saw someone picking through the "trash" Wolf left, & over the next 20 to 30 minutes there were at least 20 people helping themselves to all of it.

In the next issue of MCG, Wolf's editorial said he left his space for 2 minutes to get his car & when he returned his booth was gone & that he had the plate number of the thief & an eye witness.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

A383Wing

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on July 13, 2008, 08:48:38 PM
Quote from: Winged 1 on July 13, 2008, 06:40:24 PM
;)
Eric
Ditto! Nice parts but way bad businessmen. He/they got what he/they deserved.

I agree...

Bryan

AKcharger

I'm not sure how true it is but I heard it might have had somthing to do fake Pokemon cards  and counterfit Debbie Gibson CD's
too

71ChallengeHer