News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Swat Bar Installation

Started by yellocharge68, October 19, 2005, 04:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellocharge68

I spent a little time this week end putting in/on the PST rear sway bar. The question is should the brackets that hold it to the rear axle be bolted closer to the pumpkin or further away from it?  Will this stiffen the ride or will there be little or no discernable difference??? ???

I did pull it out onto the drive way and it rode differently right away....Can't wait to start on the front end rebuild this next weekend!!!! :yesnod:
Sunfire Yellow 1968 Dodge Charger 383/727 auto-console

ChargerBill

I have an old issue of either MoparMuscle or Mopar Action that covers that installation. It may take a couple of days (I have hundreds of magazines) but I'll try to find that issue and get you an answer...unless of course some other tech like ChrycoPsycho helps you out first.
Life is a highway...

yellocharge68

Cool, Thanks!!! Man you outta see the size of the new Front Sway Bar.....Once I get it and the wheels and everything like I want them, it should corner as good as just about anything else out there!!!!

Chryco Psycho

the wider the mounts the more stability you wil have

yellocharge68

If any of you have any pics of a rear SWAY bar installed  I would be immensley appreciative :-\
I hope I can start on the rear shocks then the front end this weekend!!!!! :rotz:

Chargerguy74

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 19, 2005, 04:06:56 PM
I have an old issue of either MoparMuscle or Mopar Action that covers that installation. It may take a couple of days (I have hundreds of magazines) but I'll try to find that issue and get you an answer...unless of course some other tech like ChrycoPsycho helps you out first.

Think it was Mopar Action with the 69 Road Runner.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

yellocharge68

Anyone here have a good pic from the back of a Sway Bar installed on a Charger...Mine looks like it is very, very close to the "Pumpkin" but isn't rubbing....Please post a pic if ya got it...thanks!!!!!!!

Tom_440

I got my bars from SuperTuff, and I think they mount different than yours - see pic:

Tom_440

There is quite a bit of clearance above the pumpkin. I had some install issues, maybe because the springs keep the rear end a bit higher than stock. Anyway, it rides like a totally different car. Frame connectors are next!

Oh yeah...its a '68 Charger.